Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hamer's save!

2»

Comments

• Options

Don't watch the ball watch Hamer. Starts to go down low and reacts superbly to the deflection. Fantastic goalkeeping

Sums it up nicely.

In terms of players coming in to the team and taking their chance as in Alnwick and Poyet, oh and Cousins, and for example Wilson before, Hamer has come back and taken his. Dropping him simply can't be justified right now.

• Options
    If that was Thuram who made that save it was just be applauded as brilliant, but as it was Ben everyone is going a bit overboard.

Nevertheless, a fantastic save!
  • Options
    Its all down to the Bin Laden beard !!
  • Options
    Ben Laden
  • Options
    That save oozes class.
  • Options
    can't believe he didn't catch it, Thuram would have
  • Options

I'm going to play devil's advocate and state that whilst it was an outstanding save, the deflection took some of the pace off the ball and it's easier to move upwards (having initially moved downwards) than the other way around.

Sick to rounders mate!

I cannot tire of watching that save. Not only for its brilliance but also for what it means to Charlton Athletic.

• Options
    Watch the wendies behind the goal they're jumping up already celebrating pmsl fantastic save
  • Options
    I've watched it 22 times now and Hamer's made the save every time!

Outstanding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    isawalonso play.Thanks for spotting that.very funny watching them all try to say if with him .Abit like a manager[imaginary] heading the ball when they all go up for a corner
  • Options
    Best save iv seen
  • Options

Don't watch the ball watch Hamer. Starts to go down low and reacts superbly to the deflection. Fantastic goalkeeping

Excellent footwork and a good spring from Hamer, top stuff!
  • Options
    After watching that save I had to go change my trousers. Thanks Hamer
  • Options
    That's why he is our no1
  • Options
    It looks to me like about three of our players do a little jump in harmony/sympathy/empathy with Hamer as he tips it over.
  • Options
    I must be missing something - good save but not deserving of some of the comments on here!
  • Options
    it was a great save, but the pace was taken off the ball a bit, which gave him a chance - I thought Brighton save was slightly better - but overall Hamer put in an excellent performance.
  • Options
    IAgree said:

I must be missing something - good save but not deserving of some of the comments on here!

That's a joke right ?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Someone said they thought the one at Brighton last year was better than last nights which was a quick adjustment to a deflection on its way in for sure until it was clawed out. The Brighton one was almost point blank and pure reflex. Both in the dying embers of each game but both on a par IMO to reward solid away performances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thuram would've caught it!

wrong......he would have kicked it!!
  • Options
    Priceless. Awesome save. Tks Ben we owe u one. How quickly things look different.Stellas all round.
  • Options

Thuram would've caught it!

wrong......he would have kicked it!!
    No don't muck about he would have punched it.
  • Options
    No - good save

="IAgree">I must be missing something - good save but not deserving of some of the comments on here!
    That's a joke right ?

• Options
    Got as big a buzz out of that save as I did out of us scoring......simply brilliant.
  • Options
    Not sure who appears from the right, but they even throw in a little comedy goose-step to make sure.
  • Options
    Great save, but would say the one down at Brighton last year was better.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Uboat said:

Not sure who appears from the right, but they even throw in a little comedy goose-step to make sure.

Dervite who came on in 90th minute.
  • Options
    awful back pass from morrisson. don't know what he was thinking.