Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• Options

It's going to have to be a Saturday night out in Sheffield job! There are some cheap premier inns for £30 a night WITH full English!!! ;)

Just checked premier inn and Sheffield one is £70 on the 8th march.

StoneRoses, check out the St. Mary's Gate one....
    £71 according to the page I'm on
    How about putting it in via Trip Advisor?? It'll divert you to Booking.com or something similar.
    Booking direct on the company website is sometimes more expensive. Use trip advisor like robin said.

Put the area you want, the dates and your sorted.
  • Options

It's going to have to be a Saturday night out in Sheffield job! There are some cheap premier inns for £30 a night WITH full English!!! ;)

Just checked premier inn and Sheffield one is £70 on the 8th march.

StoneRoses, check out the St. Mary's Gate one....
    £71 according to the page I'm on
    How about putting it in via Trip Advisor?? It'll divert you to Booking.com or something similar.
    Sheffield Ibis or Novotel???
  • Options

Really low right now, just looked up my best option to be able to do this game with everything else i have to fit in around it, gonna cost me the best part of£200 and i can't help but agree with my GF that it is to much when we have so much other real life stuff to pay for right now.

As for me it would be Ferry to Southampton and then Train to Sheffield on the Saturday, night in a hotel and then same route back on the Sunday afternoon.

Feel like a terrible fan but looking like im gonna have to accept watching this one in the pub.

If only the game was Friday or Saturday evening and it would not be a problem for me. :-(

Eff me , a ferry from Gretna Grenn to Southampton - thats a long ferry.
    I never thought id be missing living in Scotland but right now stuck on the Isle of Wight im regretting the move. ;-)
    Also, i didnt think anyone 'lived' on the Isle of Wight - i thought they just 'existed'.
  • Options

Really low right now, just looked up my best option to be able to do this game with everything else i have to fit in around it, gonna cost me the best part of£200 and i can't help but agree with my GF that it is to much when we have so much other real life stuff to pay for right now.

As for me it would be Ferry to Southampton and then Train to Sheffield on the Saturday, night in a hotel and then same route back on the Sunday afternoon.

Feel like a terrible fan but looking like im gonna have to accept watching this one in the pub.

If only the game was Friday or Saturday evening and it would not be a problem for me. :-(

Eff me , a ferry from Gretna Grenn to Southampton - thats a long ferry.
    I never thought id be missing living in Scotland but right now stuck on the Isle of Wight im regretting the move. ;-)
    Also, i didnt think anyone 'lived' on the Isle of Wight - i thought they just 'existed'.
    The Isle of White is inhabited........... Just goes to show we're not truly alone!!! Ha!
  • Options
    *Wight
  • Options
    Can't beleive it even from Grimsby trains are buggered. I would get in to Sheffield twenty mins before kick off so looks like a quick dash from station to ground
  • Options

Can't beleive it even from Grimsby trains are buggered. I would get in to Sheffield twenty mins before kick off so looks like a quick dash from station to ground

No pre match beer???
  • Options
    Here is a plan.
    Leave SE London at 7.30 AM and drive to Alfreton Station car park.
    Park for £2
    Get a Day return to Sheffield for around £10.60
    Based on last Sundays service, landslip and all, catch the 10.43 from Alfreton, arrives in Sheffield at 11.09.
    You leave the M1 at junction 28, and it is then around a 25 minute drive at most into Alfreton, hitting the station before the town as it were.
    Take stuff to eat and drink on the Journey between Alfreton and Sheffield and you can probably cut out a motorway stop and leave later in the morning.
  • Options

No pre match beer???
    A 4 pack ought to do it on the go!! Haaa!

• Options
    If you are just looking for somewhere to crash out and not looking for night life the Days Inn On the M1 services is £38.

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/hotels/hotel-availability-details.aspx?id=1604419&sid=625b7f1e-1cb6-4b1f-82f5-0fe9647f5eab#search/625b7f1e-1cb6-4b1f-82f5-0fe9647f5eab
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Away pubs???
  • Options
    Great all booked up,hotel for two nights in the Peak District,that also means otherhalf is over the moon.Bit of walking in the peaks friday afternoon and also saturday.Football sunday then 9 hour drive back home.Not in before midnight then up for work monday.
  • Options

Away pubs???

The Globe?
  • Options
    The Globe gets good reviews!
  • Options
    Apparently very cheap! Which we can all do with after what this trip is costing.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Sheffield United website says that tickets in all home areas will be £20, less for concessions. Happy with that, presume it'll be the same in our end.
  • Options
    The Globe
    The Howard
    The Royal Standard - Great food and big TV......with Sky!!!!
  • Options

Great all booked up,hotel for two nights in the Peak District,that also means otherhalf is over the moon.Bit of walking in the peaks friday afternoon and also saturday.Football sunday then 9 hour drive back home.Not in before midnight then up for work monday.

Hard core fan AND pleasing the missy. Now that's multi tasking. :)
  • Options
    Who say's sulking does not work, assuming i can get a ticket, looks like im going to Sheffield a week Saturday/Sunday.

Will be paying for it in favours to the GF for months but totally worth it, COYR!
  • Options
    Trying to put a positive spin on the crap kick off time. Don't you think the lack of atmosphere will work in our favour?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who say's sulking does not work, assuming i can get a ticket, looks like im going to Sheffield a week Saturday/Sunday.

Will be paying for it in favours to the GF for months but totally worth it, COYR!

Brilliant! :)
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Trying to put a positive spin on the crap kick off time. Don't you think the lack of atmosphere will work in our favour?

There will not be a lack of atmosphere. Playing for a fa cup semi final at wembley!!!
  • Options
    Wouldn't the train company realise they can fill a train or 2 and make some money?
  • Options
    done a u turn from earlier, booked up the jury's inn sat night!
  • Options
    Mike said:

done a u turn from earlier, booked up the jury's inn sat night!

Good man, I just knew you would @Mike 'act in haste repent at leisure' :0)
  • Options

Not sure what my plan will be

Errm are you thinking out loud?
  • Options

Nug said:

seth plum said:

Driving there and back is a plan lots will have, the problem is getting somewhere to park at, say, 11.30 in time to get to the game, especially if there are loads of us.
    When we played Brighton last year it was handy to park near Lewes Station and get a train in. is there an easily Parkable station South of Sheffield to do the last leg, and that will get you into Sheffield around 11.30?

When I was planning the Wednesday trip last week I was going to park up at Meadowhall Shopping Centre and take the tram in. I believe the tram into the city centre is only about 20 minutes and I think you can get off at a stop that's about 10 minute walk from Brammal Lane, not sure yet which stop though! Probably will do the same next week. Someone said to park close to M&S at Meadowhall as the tram station is just a footbridge away. Free parking too think the tram costs about £3.
    Nearest tram stop to the ground is the railway station (west street not much further).

TBH from meadowhall if you are going to Bramall Lane, the train from Meadowhall to Sheffield Station is quicker ~ 6 mins and is cheaper ~ £2 return

Nunnery Sq park and ride is an option.

Parking -free but not that close to ground
    - paid in town available and cheap on Sunday

Cheers @SheffieldRed didn't realise you could get a train from there. Gonna drive up Sat evening and stay in motel along M1 somewhere around Leicester.
  • Options

Yeh I was. Until I decided to book a hotel. Will now be asking the boss for the time off. Maybe should of done it the other way round... But hey ho...

COYR
  • Options
    Off_it said:

To be fair though, you'd have to do most of that anyway wouldn't you - other than the overnight stay?

Sell it to your missus as a chance for the two of you to get away and have a nice mini-break. Promise her a steak supper and a bit of slap and tickle in the hotel and she'll come round.
    ;-)
    Lol...reminded me of the Only Fools & Horses episode where Del signs up to the dating agency as Derek Duval!
  • Options

Yeh I was. Until I decided to book a hotel. Will now be asking the boss for the time off. Maybe should of done it the other way round... But hey ho...

COYR
    Sod your boss!