Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

Wouldn't the train company realise they can fill a train or 2 and make some money?

too much common sense
  • Options
    Off_it said:

1StevieG said:

I'm in. Don't care when it's on.

Good man, that's the spirit.

Come on chaps, I know it's a bit of a pain, ok more than a "bit", but it's a cup quarter final. Give me enough notice and I'd walk there to see us play if I had to.

I'll be there whatever the kick off time, and so will most of you. It's what we do.
    Well said Offy
  • Options
    Last time I drove up to Bramall lane was for the 1pm kick off 28th dec 1997 and there was loads of free parking near the ground. Like Hallamshire says there will be plenty of places about if you get there early and look around you should find somewhere. Try round by the station Charter Row, Eyre Street, Granville road, Queen's road, bound to be something.
  • Options

Hello all

Blade here.

Firstly congrats on last night.

Secondly, why all this talk of parking up at railway stations and travelling in by rail. It's not London. It's a Sunday. There's no parking restrictions in the city centre and around the ground.

If you're driving, travel up the M1.

You have two options. Most direct is to come off at j33. Follow dual carriageway into city centre. Bramall Lane is 10-15 mins walk from the city centre maximum. You can park on single yellow lines on a Sunday. You can park in resident permit areas Sunday (loads of these around Bramall Lane) - restrictions apply mon-sat.

Other option which could be quicker - exit M1 at j29. Dual carriageway into and around Chesterfield - just follow A61. It's all dual carriageway - approx 15 mins you hit the Sheffield ring road - roundabout. Straight across and it's approx 4 miles to Bramall Lane along Chesterfield Road. This is the way we all get to the M1 from our side of the city. Much quicker!! Park up, get a beer!!

Let me know if you want any advice.

Hallamshire

Thanks for all this great information. For me it is also about getting away afterwards which is why I have thought about parking somewhere like Chesterfield or Alfreton. If I drove straight there would possibly arrive with only half an hour to spare, is it realistic to arrive near the Lane that late, and still be able to park?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Hello all

Blade here.

Secondly, why all this talk of parking up at railway stations and travelling in by rail. It's not London. It's a Sunday. There's no parking restrictions in the city centre and around the ground.

You have two options. Most direct is to come off at j33. Follow dual carriageway into city centre. Bramall Lane is 10-15 mins walk from the city centre maximum. You can park on single yellow lines on a Sunday. You can park in resident permit areas Sunday (loads of these around Bramall Lane) - restrictions apply mon-sat.

Other option which could be quicker - exit M1 at j29. Dual carriageway into and around Chesterfield - just follow A61. It's all dual carriageway - approx 15 mins you hit the Sheffield ring road - roundabout. Straight across and it's approx 4 miles to Bramall Lane along Chesterfield Road. This is the way we all get to the M1 from our side of the city. Much quicker!! Park up, get a beer!!

Hallamshire

Thanks for all this great information. For me it is also about getting away afterwards which is why I have thought about parking somewhere like Chesterfield or Alfreton. If I drove straight there would possibly arrive with only half an hour to spare, is it realistic to arrive near the Lane that late, and still be able to park?
    Yes, you will be fine. Come in from j29 - see my post on thread re confirmed KO and tickets. You'll easily find a side street around bottom of Chesterfield Road. Maybe a little further out with 1/2 hour to spare - but no more than 15 mins walk. You will then have a quick getaway afterwards too. You'd be back on the M1 J29 half an hour after you're back in your car. That will be much much quicker than messing about with trains - I guarantee it!

• Options

seth plum said:

Hello all

Blade here.

Hallamshire

Yes, you will be fine. Come in from j29 - see my post on thread re confirmed KO and tickets. You'll easily find a side street around bottom of Chesterfield Road. Maybe a little further out with 1/2 hour to spare - but no more than 15 mins walk. You will then have a quick getaway afterwards too. You'd be back on the M1 J29 half an hour after you're back in your car. That will be much much quicker than messing about with trains - I guarantee it!

Many thanks for that, you are indeed the man!

Can you now arrange for some Vegetarian pies to be available in the away end...and I'm not talking vile Cheese and Onion Pasties?

Sheffield is like a home from home these days, almost as much as Huddersfield!

• Options
    Gone from excited to devastated in the space of BT giving us the shite slot. 3PM Saturday was great could do it in a day trip by train,Friday evening doable due to hotel availability and cost.Sunday fucking lunchtime cos us and the Blades are the minnows.No train hotels that dont want a mortgage payment full.How far apart are Wigan and Manchester? Not far!
  • Options

Who say's sulking does not work, assuming i can get a ticket, looks like im going to Sheffield a week Saturday/Sunday.

Will be paying for it in favours to the GF for months but totally worth it, COYR!

I told you the promise of a steak supper would be too much to resist!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    -d how the rich a doodle do is this going to work? What a pile of shit. Can't be doing with you charlton monies
  • Options
    I've just been bobbin round Los gigabytes telling keeps to put on little old charlton . Ended up bue moon ,
  • Options
    Boom said:

I've just been bobbin round Los gigabytes telling keeps to put on little old charlton . Ended up bue moon ,

Drunk!!!
  • Options
    Boom said:

-d how the rich a doodle do is this going to work? What a pile of shit. Can't be doing with you charlton monies

You're driving mate!

• Options
    Feck i'm working sunday 9th :(
  • Options

To be fair though, you'd have to do most of that anyway wouldn't you - other than the overnight stay?

Sell it to your missus as a chance for the two of you to get away and have a nice mini-break. Promise her a steak supper and a bit of slap and tickle in the hotel and she'll come round.
    ;-)

She'll only come round if you underestimate the amount of night nurse you feed her!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yeah a mini break in Sheffield. Sexy. You do no how to treat a lady don't you Arthur.....
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Driving there and back is a plan lots will have, the problem is getting somewhere to park at, say, 11.30 in time to get to the game, especially if there are loads of us.
    When we played Brighton last year it was handy to park near Lewes Station and get a train in. is there an easily Parkable station South of Sheffield to do the last leg, and that will get you into Sheffield around 11.30?

Chesterfield...15 mins on train from Sheffield, might even be worth staying there on the Saturday night if hotel rooms are to expensive or difficult to get, and it's a nice enough town to visit as well.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Is it realistic to park at Chesterfield Station and travel in?
    Or even a bit further south than Chesterfield?

You can park there.
    Due to a landslide journey 30 mins instead of ~10 mins

Consider derby as well

Don't mention bloody landslips...I live in Hastings our line upto London has had 4 or 5 of them, part of the line has been shut down for the last two weeks and won't be sorted for at least another week.
  • Options
    Can't do it from Bristol by train or bus so will be driving up Sunday. If anyone in Bristol or gloucs wants to hitch a lift drop me a message.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anyone had any luck finding a coach that leaves early doors sunday morning?

I've had a quick look on mega bus but the time's aren't very good, is there any national coach service that anyone knows of?

Would rather not have to drive and thus not have a drink.
  • Options
    What about flying up?
  • Options
    To the Sheffield guys on here. Will there be any pubs open in the morning. I'm staying the night before so may not want to drink in the morning, but never say never and all that
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Nicholas said:

To the Sheffield guys on here. Will there be any pubs open in the morning. I'm staying the night before so may not want to drink in the morning, but never say never and all that

Got to be a spoons about, Thats what I am hoping for.

found one

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-bankers-draft-sheffield
  • Options
    Nicholas the other week when walking back to the station on the Sunday morning after the postponed game the globe had door men on the door at 10.30. The Howard was open too. And that game wasn't till 3 I think.
  • Options
    With ko time and match being televised I hope game's priced sensibly - perhaps 15 adult / 10 child.

• Options
    jamescafc said:

With ko time and match being televised I hope game's priced sensibly - perhaps 15 adult / 10 child.

Think it will be £20 adult
  • Options
    Too much to tempt the floaters who will need to be persuaded in order to get a decent following there. 2k max at that rate. Quality over quantity I guess!!!
  • Options
    United's site has this:

Ticket prices are as follows in all home areas of the stadium:
    Adults £20
    Adult Season Ticket Holders £15
    Concessions £15
    Juniors U16 £5

So i'd assume tickets will be £20 for us.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Wouldn't the train company realise they can fill a train or 2 and make some money?

You dont know these train companies. It will be too much trouble to get crews to work the trains.