Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FAO Fans Trust Re FA Cup Kick Off Time

Can something be escalated regarding the timing of the Sheffield United game?

Reading through the Sheffield United forums, even their fans are complaining about the kick off time.

I am hoping the train times will change but it is a shame it has to be a Sunday 12pm when Man City and Wigan's are 4pm and Hull and Sunderland at 2pm when they are closer to each other.

Comments

• Options
    It's an awful time but done now, people will have made arrangements as soon as the announcement was made.
  • Options
    Didn't Plymouth or Portsmouth have to go to Man City for a 5 pm kick off on a Sunday last year or year before?
  • Options
    Agree hope the Trust probe a few questions at whoever necessary because the kick off time is a farce.
  • Options
    Cant see anything being able to be changed. I would have though that when we enter the FA cup we agree to be at the mercy of possible TV games.
  • Options
    Won't be changed. Is total farce. But if we have a Trust it MUST make the strongest possible representations/complaints about this to the club and the FA. This total abuse of fans enjoyment of OUR sport for the sake of a few hundred tv viewers who dont give a flying feck about our biggest cup game in 8 years must end.

Alternatively can we find out exactly who, individually, is responsible for this decision so we can start a campaign of abuse to make his/her life a misery for as long as possible?
  • Options
    I'm sure that the above comment will be dismissed by the F.A. as Frivolous :-)
  • Options
    Wasnt Man City at Wembley recently with no trains back to Manchester after the game?
  • Options

It's done now.

Let's get on with it and make the most of it.

No making excuses, get yourselves up there

People will have excuses though unfortunately, money being one, there's not many if any cheap options. Or if you don't drive, and don't live too near a coach pick up point.. Unless you start walking the morning before it's not going to be easy. It's petty by the FA, one hour later would have sorted us all out, 1PM would have been alot easier as there'd be more train options.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I txt the chair this evening, I agree that a couple of questions need to be fired at the club and the FA. As AFKA mentioned though, it is done now and we have to get up there and support the team.
  • Options
    According to Sue Parkes on facebook, the game was meant to be Saturday 5pm, but the police wanted it moved due to other games being played in the area. Looking at the fixtures, Barnsley, Leeds and Doncaster (vs Hudderfield) are all home that afternoon
  • Options

According to Sue Parkes on facebook, the game was meant to be Saturday 5pm, but the police wanted it moved due to other games being played in the area. Looking at the fixtures, Barnsley, Leeds and Doncaster (vs Hudderfield) are all home that afternoon

Over the top from the police by a mile!

How would it clash with those games when they kick off at 3pm, not to mention when the game finishes ours start. I doubt many fans would hit the pub at 1pm with 4 hours before kick off.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Over the top from the police by a mile!

How would it clash with those games when they kick off at 3pm, not to mention when the game finishes ours start. I doubt many fans would hit the pub at 1pm with 4 hours before kick off.
    Good point, wouldn't of dreamed at getting to the pub at 1pm on Quater final day. Way too late. We were booked in to arrive in Sheffield at 10am for a 1030 start
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    we are looking at this, pls do feel free to inbox me or email to chair@castrust.org tho, I don't live on here so much nowadays honest guv..

personally think a) something could be suggested to mitigate this b) we should make a stand when things are wrong in the game or they will never be changed c) we must fill our allocation south london pride demands it

lets see what happens over the next few days
  • Options
    I have today spoken to someone at the club followed up by email cc to Richard Murray. It's all about helping fans get there.
    The kick off time is a joke but I fear that it is too late to change that?
    I'm being a little vague for two reasons....the Trust need to agree and we need to understand CAFC 2014 view on this.
    Ironic that the Trust website carries a picture of everyone, two MPs and Greg Dyke celebrating Acv!
  • Options
    razil said:

we are looking at this, pls do feel free to inbox me or email to chair@castrust.org tho, I don't live on here so much nowadays honest guv..

personally think a) something could be suggested to mitigate this b) we should make a stand when things are wrong in the game or they will never be changed c) we must fill our allocation south london pride demands it

lets see what happens over the next few days

I mentioned this earlier. I , for one, will be ringing & emailing the FA, & will also email you as well, Razil.

I doubt very much that the time will be changed now, the time to do it was yesterday & CAFC should have said no, we are not going to agree to it. If a kick off time has been arranged earlier than public transport can get there then its absurd & the club should have said so from the start.

Perhaps the fans can do something about it - maybe if EVEYONE turned up 20 mins late (ie, the time that we would have got there by train) then they would have to do something about it - maybe even put the kick off back as it would say something if the cameras pan round at kickoff & the whole away end is empty.

• Options

- maybe even put the kick off back as it would say something if the cameras pan round at kickoff & the whole away end is empty.

We'd just be the laughing stock to everyone watching BT Sport when it rolls to just see Seb doing the worm next to Norman, and then us all rolling in 30mins in when we've missed all the action.

Very surprised the club agreed to this, 'fans' club and they've essentially lost a few thousand fans on the day, and ALOT more thousands in peoples awkward travelling plans. They will probably offer cheap coaches from plenty of places, but to me that's not part of the match day experience, planning your journey, having a laugh, one or two beers on the way, is.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    The FA are an absolute joke as are comment to just get on with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will just make the best of it now and turn up in force i hope still but im glad the Trust of which im a member is doing what it can to make our complaints noted.

You never no one day the people that control our game might start listening to the actual fans again.
  • Options
    There are four slots to fill. Tv will chose the most popular ties for the slots that attract most viewers. The club can't say no.

Maybe Wigan should have boycotted final last year as no trains going up north after final whistle.
  • Options
    Well, I like the kick-off time. 7pm, perfect.
  • Options
    and 9pm here luverly....
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Think yourselves lucky we are not Plymouth playing Newcastle
    At 12pm on a Sunday. It's a joke granted but we are charlton we always get dealt a shit hand, I think car sharing is the way forward on this one...
  • Options

Well, I like the kick-off time. 7pm, perfect.

i hear ya. 8pm for us, too

but... still a disgrace, overall
  • Options
    I feel sorry for all the local people. It's fantastic news for only us fans in the far-east, Australia, and maybe America and Canada. Well, last time when we had an early kick-off we beat Brighton 3-2 so I'm hoping that we'll also get a win this time. COYR!!!
  • Options

I feel sorry for all the local people. It's fantastic news for only us fans in the far-east, Australia, and maybe America and Canada. Well, last time when we had an early kick-off we beat Brighton 3-2 so I'm hoping that we'll also get a win this time. COYR!!!

5am here in Mountain Time, (4am for the guys in the Pacific Zone). I doubt Public Transport will be available to get me down the stairs to the lounge at that time, as I'll have to leave at 4.55am to get there on time
  • Options
    Let`s all just get on with it and sell those tickets and help give our players the best support possible and therefore the best chance possible to get a day out at Wembley. That`s it.......Wembley could be our reward for getting our arses up there for 12 o clock kick-off.

We can still complain about it and highlight it and try to find out who made this outrageous decision without even glancing at the Sunday morning transport network or taking the fans into account.

No-one is happy about it, us or the Blades but it`s done now so let`s all make the most of it and make it a day to remember!
  • Options
    The club should have made some comment on the os if they were disappointed. However I wouldn't mind betting that they're not that bothered as this will be another area in which they can generate income. I expect they will arrange a train if not as was said elsewhere subsidised coach travel.