Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FAO Fans Trust Re FA Cup Kick Off Time

Comments

• Options
    I think they will too!
  • Options
    It's a ball ache, but I ain't gonna miss this for nothing!

I'm staying on Saturday night, going home Sunday afternoon. Trains £51, Hotel for two at £71...

You could look at the cost of a mini bus/coach with a driver, if you want a drink on the way up? As I believe you can't drink alcohol on VA?
  • Options
    I don't mean to be provocative or anything but could someone tell me what's so bad about the kick off time? I much prefer 12 pm on a Sunday (leave home around 7.30, get home around 5.30, in time for Sunday roast!

Much better than leaving at 2pm and getting home at 2am on a Tuesday like the Wednesday fixture ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Huskaris said:

I don't mean to be provocative or anything but could someone tell me what's so bad about the kick off time? I much prefer 12 pm on a Sunday (leave home around 7.30, get home around 5.30, in time for Sunday roast!

Much better than leaving at 2pm and getting home at 2am on a Tuesday like the Wednesday fixture ;-)

I take it you will be driving to the game? most people get a train and the earliest arrival from London to Sheffield station on the day is at 12.07 do the maths.

• Options
    The club will be running coaches to the game, thus all fans will be able to get there in time without having to get any trains. Stop whinging and get your tickets to support the boys!
  • Options
    It now seems (from the unofficial Sue Parkes tweet) that the Police are driving this, not so much the TV companies. So the Trust will concentrate on persuading the Club to help get as many people as possible to the game.
    I personally agree with Golfie, (as he knows) it is time we stood up to this sort of nonsense, however realistically we will not change the Police mind in time. So it will be a separate push. We have to accept that inidividual Clubs are most reluctant to take on the Police. There are always ways in which the Police can take revenge. But we should not be cowed. This is not a police state and they work for us. However, it is a problem of football, and on our own we will not achieve too much. But the Trust is affiliated to Supporters Direct, and I also think, if the Trust Board agrees, that we should take it up with Clive Efford, who is the shadow sports minister.
  • Options
    I guess the issue would be the police force would be spread very thin if an extra game had to go ahead. Football cannot be played wuthout the support of the police and sometimes you just have to respect that an extra hundred or so officers (with horses etc) will need to be convinved into working. Theu also need to consider the safety of all fans and their police. Moving the ko time to suit them is fine with me. I suspect the police asked for it to be on the sunday and then BT decided what time to play the game (so it didnt clash with other fixtures)
  • Options
    PragueAddick is spot on. It's too late to change the decision, but through the Trust we should influence the club to take on board views of supporters. And do what we can through fans groups like SD and FSF.
    I'll be at Sheffield, but I know several people in Essex who will not / cannot be there. It's a shame as this is a rare chance to be able to say 'I was there'. We don't get too many QF appearances.
  • Options

The club will be running coaches to the game, thus all fans will be able to get there in time without having to get any trains. Stop whinging and get your tickets to support the boys!

Cannot have a drink on the coach and some people prefer the train. I wonder If the club could look into chartering a train or two?
  • Options
    We've missed the game, it's 1973 in Sheffield.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redcarter said:

It's an awful time but done now, people will have made arrangements as soon as the announcement was made.

Well it may be done but I am one of many hundreds possibly thousands of fans complaining, how can the FA/BT consider a KO time before the first train arrives in the host city from the visiting city. I know local media has been contacted as well.

• Options
    Shameful but it's a done-deal so we just need to get on with it. Feels like the club now have responsibility for doing the best they can to drive up numbers and support the fans, whether that be by chartering trains or subidising coach travel. Can trains be 'chartered' at such short notice though?
  • Options
    Think the SYP may have got some agg for what happened in the Forest fixture , not sure what time that kicked off 3pm so they didn't trust the few helms that Sheff Utd have

The link below was on another thread it doesn't make pretty reading

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=40074

• Options

The time for complaining / representations was before not after the decision. Schedule is set and won't be changed now. Neither is it a demanded requirement for the club to provide free transport as some suggest.

There will be a whole host of official and unofficial ways to get there. None of them will be preferred, but you do what you can.

It won't suit everyone, no slot would, but if you are more interested in getting pissed then stay at home and watch it in your front room or local

Agree, It is not ideal but it is a 1 off game.

• Options
    Dannoo_86 said:

Huskaris said:

I take it you will be driving to the game? most people get a train and the earliest arrival from London to Sheffield station on the day is at 12.07 do the maths.

I didn't know that. That is absolutely stupid.
  • Options
    I suspect that SYP had set this game for 12.00 KO long before Callum Harriot scored.

No evidence but I guess they anticipated a local derby and set in place arrangements with that in mind.

That we won and that it might inconvenience us wasn't a factor.

Agree with AFKA that it is too late to ask for a change now. Airman Brown got slagged off for suggesting the Club consider the issue in advance but turns out he was right.

It's a pain but it is what it is. This is 21st Century football and if we want to play with the big boys and in big games on TV (which I certainly do) then we are going to have to get used to it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I've read all the posts on here , for & against, and this will be my last post on all of this.

There is a difference between just being inconvenienced having to get up early Sunday (6am for most) or having to take time off work and not actually being able to get to the game. So, when WILL you take a stand.................when they announce the kick off has been moved to accommodate those in the far east & it is now 7am kick off.

it wont be long..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The time for complaining / representations was before not after the decision. Schedule is set and won't be changed now. Neither is it a demanded requirement for the club to provide free transport as some suggest.

There will be a whole host of official and unofficial ways to get there. None of them will be preferred, but you do what you can.

It won't suit everyone, no slot would, but if you are more interested in getting pissed then stay at home and watch it in your front room or local

I would like to complain about the post that Stonemuse is going to post next Friday at 16.24. I think it is outrageous, insulting and belittles the efforts of all concerned. I demand that you as a moderator do something about it now AFKA. ;-)
    I'm happy just to ban @stonemuse‌ mate if it would be any help....

• Options
    edited February 2014

I've read all the posts on here , for & against, and this will be my last post on all of this.

There is a difference between just being inconvenienced having to get up early Sunday (6am for most) or having to take time off work and not actually being able to get to the game. So, when WILL you take a stand.................when they announce the kick off has been moved to accommodate those in the far east & it is now 7am kick off.

it wont be long..........

Thank goodness!!

Thank goodness that it's your last post on the subject. Mind you, you've made promises like that before.
    If moaning was an Olympic sport you and your brother (the Large one) would have more golds than Mark Spitz, Larisa Latynina, Paavo Nurmi and Michael Phelps put together.
    And the ironic thing is the pair of you go to loads of games whatever the kick off!
  • Options

I suspect that SYP had set this game for 12.00 KO long before Callum Harriot scored.

No evidence but I guess they anticipated a local derby and set in place arrangements with that in mind.

I suspect the Sheffield derby was going to be 1.30 sunday and the Hull game was 5.30 saturday. Then ITV took the Hull game and put it on sunday lunchtime leaving us with the saturday game. Police then thought sod that, we've got 3 other games in Yorkshire that day so made us play on sunday too. The fact that Hull was announced originally for 1.30 sunday then later pushed back to 2pm so our game could be finished first suggests our game was a last minute decision.
  • Options
    razil said:
    I'm confused, Barnie - this article says we get 33% of the gate money - I thought it was 45% from an earlier Trust article?

Otherwise agree with the approach you are taking on this - not going to change the k/o time now so just have to make the most of it. When taking it further, worth remembering that quite a lot of fans have to travel from other parts of the country too - they won't benefit from CAFC organised travel, but do share the inconvenience issues.

• Options

I would like to complain about the post that Stonemuse is going to post next Friday at 16.24. I think it is outrageous, insulting and belittles the efforts of all concerned. I demand that you as a moderator do something about it now AFKA. ;-)
    Oi !!!

;-)
  • Options
    Not gonna post it now
  • Options
    edited February 2014

razil said:
    I'm confused, Barnie - this article says we get 33% of the gate money - I thought it was 45% from an earlier Trust article?

Otherwise agree with the approach you are taking on this - not going to change the k/o time now so just have to make the most of it. When taking it further, worth remembering that quite a lot of fans have to travel from other parts of the country too - they won't benefit from CAFC organised travel, but do share the inconvenience issues.

My understanding is that we get 37.5 per cent of the gross after allowable costs - that is 45 per cent less the VAT.

If the average net price of tickets is £12 (i.e. allowing for VAT and concessions) and there are 30,000 paying customers, that's £360k. If the costs are £30k, for example, then Charlton would get £135k from receipts. With the TV money that's about £400k, just if we lose.

Edit: Having seen the likely prices, the average net price is likely to be closer to £10 than £12.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Not gonna post it now

You can't change the future!
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Not gonna post it now

You can't change the future!
    looks like a banning then ;-)
  • Options

This is my stance too.

You can't please all the people all the time ...or something like that.

Can't agree with the post that states MOST people prefer to use the train.....I always thought unless you book weeks in advance , prices are very high. Yes, you can drink but is this really the main reason why you go to away games ????

The car sharing idea has now taken off so take a look on that thread & see if you can get to Sheffield early enough to have a pint or two that way ( barring the driver!)

Or use the Club coach...again , time invariably for a drink when you arrive. I know pick up points don't suit everyone & you may have to drive to reach your nearest but is this such a big deal for a one off, important ," Must be there ! " game ?

There is some communication between CASTrust/FF regarding any possible alternatives the Club might be party to but at such short notice & the fact that many will have already made their own arrangements, I wouldn't hold my breath...

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but unfortunately, following our lads "over land & sea & Leicester" isn't cheap or easy.