Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Missing Malaysian plane

Comments

• Options
    I have it on good authority that Lee Harvey Oswald shot it down from the School Book Depository..........
  • Options
    I thought the most popular theory was that of a malfunction causing severe decompression and hypoxia? Similar to a Greek airline flight years ago.
  • Options
    Has anyone watched the Netflix show on this? Wondered if it was worth looking at.
  • Options
    I thought the most popular theory was that of a malfunction causing severe decompression and hypoxia? Similar to a Greek airline flight years ago.
    Not sure that one makes sense with all the tracking etc turned off and the change of course.  
  • Options
    Not sure that one makes sense with all the tracking etc turned off and the change of course.  
    I could be wrong but I believe its possible that early onset of hypoxia COULD result in someone making those changes deliberately and it making total sense to them in the moment - bit like being drunk in how it could effect decision making.

But suspect we'll probably never know for sure.
  • Options
    Has anyone watched the Netflix show on this? Wondered if it was worth looking at.
    If it's anything like most Netflix documentaries it will be about 3 hours too long 
    Absolutely correct, and of course, you still don't know the answer at the end... 

Some documentaries Netflix absolutely smash (don't fuck with cats for example), but ones which are just built around theories such as the Madeleine McCann one was absolutely terrible and could have been 2 hours rather than the 8 hours (?) it ended up being in my opinion. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    I could be wrong but I believe its possible that early onset of hypoxia COULD result in someone making those changes deliberately and it making total sense to them in the moment - bit like being drunk in how it could effect decision making.

But suspect we'll probably never know for sure.
    Fair enough - same for me on the 'I could be wrong'!  

Like hypothermia when people go crazy and start stripping off etc, maybe.
  • Options
    I watched episode 1 last night. Meh. This review suggests that it doesn't get much better. They don't have any breakthrough revelations. If they did, it would be all over the broader media. But at least on behalf of the families of the deceased it's a reminder that this really should not go unsolved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I watched the first episode last night, looking forward to watching the rest tonight.

If your interested in mystery, conspiracy and the rest, then worth a watch. I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    There was a very similar programme aired last year. Probably on C4 or C5. Covered all the same theories & still came up with no answers. 

Imo it was pilot suicide. He simulated it at home & knew how to turn off transponder etc. Might have died by asphyxiation & just left the plane on autopilot & left it to run out of fuel. 

My bet is it's in the Ocean off Australia. Very deep & thousands of miles of open water. 
    ..apart from the bits that washed up in Reunion and Mauritius!
  • Options
    I suggest listening to the two-part Stuff You Should Know episode on this. While it may never be proven, the main theory - the pilot did it - is extremely likely. The evidence may be circumstantial but it is pretty damning. As I recall the pilot practiced the exact route that the plane should not have taken and swung past his childhood home or something like that. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/cy/podcast/the-disappearance-of-flight-mh370-part-i/id278981407?i=1000461786500
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    There was a very similar programme aired last year. Probably on C4 or C5. Covered all the same theories & still came up with no answers. 

Imo it was pilot suicide. He simulated it at home & knew how to turn off transponder etc. Might have died by asphyxiation & just left the plane on autopilot & left it to run out of fuel. 

My bet is it's in the Ocean off Australia. Very deep & thousands of miles of open water. 

I think that was covered programme I referred to. An expert in the waters around there said currents could easily have moved bits of the plane onshore.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Was it confirmed to be wreckage from the ML flight?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Was it confirmed to be wreckage from the ML flight?
    I believe it was a bit of door covered in barnacles. Ocean currents got it there.
  • Options

Can't fault that as a reasoned hypothesis.  

Here's some information that gives credence to that theory: 

1. The Captain was a supporter of Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim. Two days before the disappearance was jailed. 
    2. The Captain was married, with three children.  The day before the disappearance, they moved out of his house. 
    3. The investigating team were able to access the Captain's calendar.  He had made no social or professional appointments from the day of the disappearance onwards. 
    4. An FBI investigation of the Captain's home flight simulator showed he had flown - and deleted - the precise path that the MH370 took on the day of the disappearance. 
    5. The flight path took several turns which described a path that would be flown if an occupant of the plane wanted to take a long, undisturbed view of the island of Penang.  The pilot was from Penang. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:

1. The Captain was a supporter of Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim. Two days before the disappearance was jailed. 
    2. The Captain was married, with three children.  The day before the disappearance, they moved out of his house. 
    3. The investigating team were able to access the Captain's calendar.  He had made no social or professional appointments from the day of the disappearance onwards. 
    4. An FBI investigation of the Captain's home flight simulator showed he had flown - and deleted - the precise path that the MH370 took on the day of the disappearance. 
    5. The flight path took several turns which described a path that would be flown if an occupant of the plane wanted to take a long, undisturbed view of the island of Penang.  The pilot was from Penang. 
    Horrible, stuff like that, there's someone out there who is planning something that's going to kill you (and over 200 others in this case) on a certain date & time and you've just no idea.

You're doomed but haven't a clue.  Just so sad for so many families involved.

• Options
    Chizz said:

Wow. I think I had heard most of those in isolation, but never in that bullet point format. Chilling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, it didn't conclusively point to the pilot and I'm not convinced there's sufficient evidence to suggest it was him.

So, it has to be Aliens.
  • Options
    Clearly an intentional action by the Captain.
  • Options
    FTLOG why did I open this thread 48hrs before my wife flies to he US for work for 6 days leaving me at home with both kids...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    FTLOG why did I open this thread 48hrs before my wife flies to he US for work for 6 days leaving me at home with both kids...
    Got decent insurance on her mate?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

There’s was no mention of his family moving out and of course the conspiracy suggests the USA/FBI were involved because the plane was carrying sensitive material that they didn’t want the Chinese to get and the fact that there were two US, AWACS in the sky in the same area as MH370 and they both had the ability to jam the airliners equipment.

Its another JFK, only in the sky this time.
  • Options
    Considering most of the victims were Chinese, it is slightly strange that there's little coverage of this new Netflix documentary here.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Considering most of the victims were Chinese, it is slightly strange that there's little coverage of this new Netflix documentary here.
    Probably because Netflix is on the harmonised list. 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Probably because Netflix is on the harmonised list
    I must admit I find that term funny... I know what you mean but this is the first time I've seen it in English🤣 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:
    Probably because Netflix is on the harmonised list
    I must admit I find that term funny... I know what you mean but this is the first time I've seen it in English🤣 
    Seems like a useful addition to English language terms that are deliberately..discreet. Like "elimination". It's used to discreetly refer to the murder of pesky opponents, of course, but the Americans also use it to describe their dogs taking a pooh.

Is it correct to say for example that we have now 'harmonised" Charlie Methven, in that we have carefully inspected him and decided that we really don't need any of his crap? Is that "harmonisation" ?