Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bob Crow Has Died

Comments

• Options
    Whilst often disagreeing with his actions he was a politician of conviction and consistency unlike many who change like the weather.

I respect him for that and 52 is no age.

RIP

• Options
    Remember when the Mail was up in arms over the treatment of Thatcher? No surprise the editor is on Sky News insulting Bob Crow. Typical hypocrisy.

RIP. Wish some people would put the politics behind them once a person has passed on.
  • Options
    I may not have seen eye to eye with him the whole time but at 52 he was such a young man.
  • Options
    @Chrispy51 as the Governtment does not have the full backing of those eligible to vote.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Probably a minutes silence on Saturday as he was a big (in more ways then one) Millwall fan.

That would be a strange one. I doubt it would stay silent for long. And on the other hand,although sad for the loss, I certainly wouldn't want to applaud his life's achievements for a whole minute.

• Options

cafc-west said:

Probably a minutes silence on Saturday as he was a big (in more ways then one) Millwall fan.

That would be a strange one. I doubt it would stay silent for long. And on the other hand,although sad for the loss, I certainly wouldn't want to applaud his life's achievements for a whole minute.

The tributes to Jimmy Mizen and Rob Knox will also happen so i expect he'll get a mention with them.
  • Options
    The kop remembers.
  • Options
    may not have agreed with his ways or choices

but the man was 52 no age and leaves a family,

RIP
  • Options
    RIP Bob.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suppose it would be too much to ask for the funeral directors/crematorium staff to go on strike? Oh what delicious irony that would be.
  • Options

All the trains are going to run on time as a mark of respect.

Chrispy51 said:

To use one of his quotes when Margaret Thatcher died:

"I wont shed one single tear over her death," he added. "She destroyed the NHS and destroyed industry in this country and as far as I'm concerned she can rot in hell."

The feeling is mutual I am sure. He has bought London to it's knees a number of times with his union protests - which did not even have the full backing of the union members - costing the economy millions, if not billions, of pounds

Very classy, the pair of you.
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

"I wont shed one single tear over her death," he added. "She destroyed the NHS and destroyed industry in this country and as far as I'm concerned she can rot in hell."

The feeling is mutual I am sure. He has bought London to it's knees a number of times with his union protests - which did not even have the full backing of the union members - costing the economy millions, if not billions, of pounds

Not that old chestnut again. Cameron doesn't have the full backing of the country but is still PM. Them's the rules, we live by them even when we don't agree with the outcome.

By the way, it's "its knees", not "it's knees".
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I suppose it would be too much to ask for the funeral directors/crematorium staff to go on strike? Oh what delicious irony that would be.

I don't see any irony there at all. If they had a grievance with their employers, I think Bob would support their action. (Seeing as how he died, I won't say 'wholeheartedly').
  • Options

All the trains are going to run on time as a mark of respect.

Chrispy51 said:

Very classy, the pair of you.
    I thought Valiantphil's comment was quite respectful. Seeing as the trains very rarely ran on time, if they all managed to do it, that would be something like an act of divine intervention.
  • Options
    Ken Livingstone came out with quite a good comment about Bob - it's in today's Standard if you care to look.
  • Options
    One less spanner, but still sad news. R.I.P.
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

The man showed, in my opinion, no class or dignity in a number of situations - including the one you quote.

He also, in my opininion, revelled in being the public face of an organisation that consistently brought misery to millions of decent hard working people whilst standing behind a veneer of being in it for the benefit of those very same people.

Having said all that, he was a fellow human being and I for one would like to express my sincere condolences to his family at their loss. I'm sure he will leave a big hole in their lives which will be impossible to fill, and that makes me sad for them. 52 is no age.
  • Options
    Thought he was a complete bellend for a number of reasons, but wouldnt wish an early death on anyone. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addicted said:

Thought he was a complete bellend for a number of reasons, but wouldnt wish an early death on anyone. RIP

I disagree with both parts of that.
    He improved or retain working conditions for those that elected him.
    And there are plenty in this world who need to check out early.
  • Options
    He had very poor taste in flat caps.
  • Options
    Can you imagine the up roar that would be caused if Boris Johnson had come out and said that he wished that Bob Crow would rot in hell?

The bloke was a horrible little runt that held thw capital to ransom for his and cronies gain.
    That being said, still too young to go and i feel.sorry for his family
  • Options

WSS said:

Controversial figure has now died. RIP.

Please be as respectful as you can.

Pleads don't tar don't tar everyone with the same brush. Hateful comments about the recently disceased are for those on the left, as displayed when Mrs Thatcher died.

Bob Crowe will be sorely missed by RMT members. He was single minded in promoting his unions interests and refused to be shamed into moving out of his low rent council house.
    Like many I wish he was my union leader.
    It's total rubbish to suggest that it's only left wingers that make inappropriate comments about the recently deceased. I suggest you dig out some of the comments made after Mandela's death if you need examples of crass, classless nonsense spouted by the right wing minded among us.
  • Options

A sad loss. The stress of the job probably killed him. Bob wanted public ownership of a public facility, with accountability, safety and value for money at its core. He worked tirelessly both for the RMT members whom he was elected to represent and for the general public who used the railways. RIP, Bob.

Disagree with the value for money part as one of the main reasons fares keep going up is because the RMT holds train companies to ransom with ever increasing wage demands in a situation where there isnt the money to spend unless investment in infrastructure is cut. Personally believe we will start to see a better railway service in the future now.

No age to die though.
  • Options
    jac52 said:

A sad loss. The stress of the job probably killed him. Bob wanted public ownership of a public facility, with accountability, safety and value for money at its core. He worked tirelessly both for the RMT members whom he was elected to represent and for the general public who used the railways. RIP, Bob.

Disagree with the value for money part as one of the main reasons fares keep going up is because the RMT holds train companies to ransom with ever increasing wage demands in a situation where there isnt the money to spend unless investment in infrastructure is cut. Personally believe we will start to see a better railway service in the future now.

No age to die though.
    If you believe "we will start to see a better railway service in the future" then you probably also believe we will stay up!
  • Options
    My age, so far too young. Don't like his sort at all, but obviously a man of passion and conviction. Unfortunately union leaders work in a stressful environment, not to mention the slap up lunches and fat cigars. Anyway RIP
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

This. I'm not going to join in with all the hypcocrisy shown by so many public figures following his death. I despised him when he was alive and I continue to despise him now he's dead.

I will however agree that 52 is no age and that his family have my condolences, as any family would at the loss of a father and husband/partner.