Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

cricket. who plays? who have you played for?

Comments

• Options
    My forays on to the cricket ground have been few and far between.
    Back in the early 80s I did feature batting (very briefly indeeed) for a team from my firm against a team put together by a paper supplier we used quite a lot.
    They brought along two individuals they employed in a part-time promotional role in the winter months; thereby being able to fend off accusations of using ringers. They were Chris Cowdrey and Richard Ellison.
    Wiki describes Ellison's bowling as being "military-medium pace and gentle late swing". Well, he wasn't really putting much into it but it frightened the crap out of me!
    It probably won't surprise you to learn that we lost.
  • Options
    Don't play myself now, but my dad is Chairman of Old Brocklieans CC currently, existing by the skin of their teeth
  • Options
    Chis & Sid (got hit on the hip by the late Graham Dilley when he played for Dartford West!)
    Sidcup for 30 years (mainly Sat 3rd/Sun 2nd)
    The aforementioned (by Chirpy) Elsid
    Eldest boy plays for Old Shoots & used to play for Bickley 3rds
    Youngest boy plays for Bexley & the District U10s
  • Options
    Live my cricket viariously throught my wifes nephew who is 19.

Currently wintering playing club cricket in Melbourne, until mid march when he files to Dubai to meet up with the MCC YOUNG CRICKETEERS to start his 3rd season for them.

Previous winter he was at the Darren Lehman academy in Adelaide.

Hopeful of joining a county at end of this season, and Mark Alleyne is his mentor.
  • Options
    I play for Downham & Bellingham and have done for 28 years. We obviously have a CAFC connection with Gritty and Mark Penfold still playing in the 2nds, Paddy P umpiring and Jonny Bumstead just drinking all day ! We are on the lookout for good quality players for either our 1s or 2s if anyone fancies ?
  • Options
    Blackheath, Bromley, RACS, CUACO and now OD CUACO in the Kent league. (plus a few others)
    More clubs than Jack Nicklaus etc.

Had some memorable highs and plenty of lows. Played with and against some fantastic players (a lot better than me) and spent a lot of time in the bar afterwards talking about it!
  • Options

Blackheath, Bromley, RACS, CUACO and now OD CUACO in the Kent league. (plus a few others)

Had some memorable highs and plenty of lows. Played with and against some fantastic players (a lot better than me) and spent a lot of time in the bar afterwards talking about it!

Chirpy won't be happy to read that you forgot to specifically mention Elsid ;-)

• Options
    My last club 'down south' was Eridge near Tunbridge Wells. Lovely little ground on a private estate (check their website). Up here I played for a local Cleethorpes club for a couple of seasons, just 20/20 evening league and the odd sunday game but had to retire through illness. But the age I am at now, retirement through old age was imminent even before illness had the last word. LOVED playing cricket much much more that watching
  • Options

Doh. The highlight of my career obviously ;-)

• Options
    I have played all through my life since around 8.
    Represented borough and my county, Surrey.
    Also play for Beddington cc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lessa Wanderers and Weasels.
  • Options
    Currently at Belvedere CC, but as a youth played for Kent and England Schools and Dartford. Always on the look out for good quality players and drinkers, but must do both equally well.
  • Options
    I used to bowl a very efficient leg break. Absolutely useless batsman, though.
  • Options
    useless batsman and fielder but pretty handy swing bowler, very dangerous if the conditions are right. Took a club best 8-18 a couple of years ago. Doubt i'll ever beat it.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    School sides.
    Greenwich boys
    Various company sides
    New Eltham
    Coombe CC Kingston
    Bergvliet Cape Town
    Had trials for Kent as a school kid at Mote Park Maidstone but failed miserably - unconsolable for weeks.

Not played for circa 15 years, but would love to be involved in coaching,umpiring,scoring .. anything !

Looking forward to The Ashes - hoping to go to Oz next year.
  • Options
    I play for Plaxtol CC, we play in the Kent Village League. Very good standard of cricket. Made the mistake of playing for Farningham a few years ago. Previous to that I played for Horsham in Sussex, lovely ground. Other than that represented my school.
  • Options
    I play for Badger Wanderers, used to play league cricket for Higham and Mockbeggar, like the social playing much more now.
  • Options

I'm not 100% sure that you did actually ever play for Elsid?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Against Sidcup he did. I'm sure the scorebook will confirm that.

• Options
    Never played any decent standard but my lad (obviously an Addick) plays Dorset under 18 , Swanage CC & Brockenhurst College.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riviera said:

Fair enough, I've got all the scorecards, just don't remember any significant contribution from him, nor in his years at Blackheath..... ;-)
  • Options

Riviera said:

Sorry, who is this stalker I have?

• Options
    At least you still play, I'll give you that m_l_c.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Riviera said:

At least you still play, I'll give you that m_l_c.

Say no more... ;-)

• Options
    I used to play for Broadstairs, Sandwich then Westgate. I gave it up after my boys were born as it takes up too much time away from the family. I just do martial arts now with a bit of running and swimming to keep my fitness up.
  • Options
    Roan School
    Samuel Montagu Boys Club
    London Boys Clubs - played against MCC Young Professionals twice, once at Bellingham and once at Lords.
    Over here in OZ we have a traditional Poms v Aussies Boxing Day Test.........pads, umpires etc and plenty of beer. Usually about 15 a side.......Poms win most years!
  • Options
    played for the Sydenham Greyhound pub 20 or so years ago (along with MOG). Matches were much more of a social event than a cricket match.

Too old and fat unfit to do more than the odd knock around at work these days
  • Options
    I did ?

Oh...right !
  • Options

I did ?

Oh...right !

well, YOU turned up :)

• Options
    I repeat....

I did ?
    ;-)