Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermorgant (Ed. 17/3 - excellent new interview on Page 2)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Please watch your language. Don't have time to edit, so I delete anything beyond the pale.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Please watch your language. Don't have time to edit, so I delete anything beyond the pale.

What about beyond the bright?

Enjoyed the interview. He gives the idea that the deal he took was with the intention of getting the most from football in the last few years he has in his career.
  • Options
    @ValleyTalkBlog‌ Great interview, Joe, makes me feel even more gutted about his departure. He seems a really decent and honest person.
  • Options
    He didn't answer "How highly do you rate Powell as a manager?" at all.
  • Options
    How was his reception tonight?
  • Options
    Good reception. Wasn't too keen on the Yann song by our fans as we were attacking their goal. Crowd weren't concentrating on the team!!!
  • Options
    Did he do much? Sounds like he worked hard enough but never threatened our goal
  • Options
    Bournemouth seem to use him a lot differently. They only lumped one ball up high to him. Though funnily enough it landed about 4 feet away from him and he still managed to torpedo himself onto it!
  • Options

Rumour has it he ducked out of the way of the corner for Dervite's header, but haven't seen it myself...
  • Options

Never threatened us. Very poor in fact. Francis on the other hand had a very good game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad he got a good reception
  • Options
    Yann was anonymous, fortunately!! I'm pretty sure that he was the one assigned to pick up Dervite and didn't do so. As for Francis, he played quite well. Far better than he ever played for us!!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Rumour has it he ducked out of the way of the corner for Dervite's header, but haven't seen it myself...
    He did exactly that. Feet didn't even leave the ground. He's proper Charlton. Dervite had his number tonight. Still the odd flick but nowhere near his best. Maybe they fancy swapping him for Church.
  • Options
    Bit late, but thanks for all the positive feedback on the interview.
  • Options
    His touch and the one pass he did was a billion times better than any of our forwards did tonight or in their playing career

But we won so f*** him

• Options

aliwibble said:

He did exactly that. Feet didn't even leave the ground. He's proper Charlton. Dervite had his number tonight. Still the odd flick but nowhere near his best. Maybe they fancy swapping him for Church.
    Dervite yells, "my ball" and Yann instinctively ducked, perhaps?!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I have to say RD's decisions are looking better by the day. Kerm may only play one full game for them this season.

Bournemouth striker Yann Kermorgant says his playing time between now and the end of the season could be limited because of a heel injury.

The forward missed three games with the problem before returning in midweek as a sub in the 1-0 defeat at Charlton.

And ahead of Bournemouth's clash at Barnsley on Saturday, the Frenchman says it is still a concern.

"The injury is OK, but I have to be careful as the season is nearly over," the 32-year-old told BBC Radio Solent.

Kermorgant scored a hat trick in his only start since his move from Charlton in January, but says he is wary of aggravating the problem further and already has one eye on next season.

"If I come back in a rush I have to be careful not to be injured again because it is not completely done," he said.

"I spoke with the manager [Eddie Howe] and I think I will have to manage my situation between now and the end of the season to be sure to get rid of the pain and ensure I have nothing wrong for next season."

• Options
    Steady CE we don't want the CL clique riding yer ass!

• Options
    No way near as good a footballer as leaburn.
  • Options
    Just putting things in perspective
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No way near as good a footballer as leaburn.

ha ha ha

• Options
    Lewis Grabban and Yann Kermorgant have both been named in Four Four Two magazine’s list of top 50 players in the Football League.

Top scorer Grabban and January signing Kermorgant have formed a formidable partnership, with five wins and 11 goals from their five starts together.

“I think it goes without saying that Yann has made a difference to the team,” Eddie Howe said.

“I hoped he would settle in straight away, but you never know until you work with a player.

“I’m pleasantly surprised, but it didn’t come as a total shock to me because I knew he was a good player.

“With him coming in, the other lads have been lifted in confidence and some of the play we have produced has been a joy to watch from my perspective.

“I don’t think anyone would want to play Yann and Lewis at this moment in time.

“They are totally different, which I think is their strength. Those two have made a really good partnership.”

Cue tears.
  • Options
    Bored now!
  • Options
    Poyet number 1 on that list right?