Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

north stand abuse of hamer

I realy don't understand why he got so much abuse? A few behind me were f ing and blinding at him
And few times he nearly reacted?
Even got abuse when he didn't save the penalty?
Ok a few of his kicks were woeful and couldn't do nothing for the goals?
Allowed their option but that was Hardy going to help our cause

Comments

• Options
    they are more than likely undercover spanners supporters trying to undermine our defence they deffo not CAFC supporters considering our league position
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    What the feck, really?

He was our stand out player after our entire team fell apart at 1-0. I didn't see us going in at HT without conceding more - but no, he pulled off two absolute crackers and generally looked like the only one willing to put up a bit of a fight.

I didn't hear anything from the North Upper, but there's an element of our fan base who never cease to amaze me.
  • Options
    Or the fact that he's unable to command his area, he seems to put all the defence on edge as they don't know if his coming for the ball or not, and above all for a decent shot stopper his got the ego and cockeyness of a world class superstar.
  • Options

Or the fact that he's unable to command his area, he seems to put all the defence on edge as they don't know if his coming for the ball or not, and above all for a decent shot stopper his got the ego and cockeyness of a world class superstar.

Have you ever met Hamer? He's not egotistical in anyway, I found him to be very engaging and charming. But heyho, you've never met him so you know best.
  • Options
    He's a soft target because he's the closest
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Have you ever met Hamer? He's not egotistical in anyway, I found him to be very engaging and charming. But heyho, you've never met him so you know best.

Hamer took a photo with my boy and nephew last night. Nice lad and apologised for the result.
  • Options
    About half a dozen rows from front of j block upper
    And one point hamer did turn round and was about to give it back but thought better
    Of it?
    Also I thought he was ok and kept us in it
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

No but I had to stop following him on twitter because he was doing my nut in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I often hear comments that Hamer is arrogant, cocky or an egotist. What does he do that deserves these labels?
    Surely we only really see him as a footballer and I must admit whenever I speak to people who have met him personally they all say what a decent bloke he is.
    Anyone enlighten me?
  • Options
    Wonder if they were some of the fans heckling Yohann Thuram demanding that Ben Hamer get back into the side... Wouldnt surprise me...
  • Options
    the higher % ? what like 99% or 55% come on mate we need to know ?

PS which side of the 99% are you ?
  • Options
    Probably the same moron who was hurling abuse from the safety of the North to Wilson at the end of the game.
  • Options
    Everyone has been very angry the last few games.

I've found it quite funny people watching, much better than the footy
  • Options
    The bloke in J block is an utter moron.

He has done it a few games now. As soon as he does a dodgy kick he is on his case.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

No but I had to stop following him on twitter because he was doing my nut in.
    Bet he was well gutted.....
  • Options
    Maybe they have forgotten who the alternative is!

For the record, I have been impressed with Hamer every time I have seen him either live or on TV, which is not that often admittedly, but some "fans" seem to take delight in criticising players
  • Options
    There was a bloke in block C lower north who was effing and blinding at Hamer, which I thought was pretty undeserved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Whilst I don't hold with slagging him off during a game I have to agree with this post. The defence clearly have no faith in him to come for anything, leading to them trying to clear out balls that the keeper should be taking easily. And when anything does go past him he's always seeking to have a go at someone else rather than admitting any fault in his own play. No idea what he's like off the pitch. I'm sure he's lovely. Don't really care about that though.

That being said, still miles better than our current alternative.
  • Options
    And for the record I wasn't one of the so called morons shouting abuse at him, I'm just pointing out a few reasons why people may have been.
  • Options
    What sort of cretin thinks hurling abuse at a player will make him play better?
  • Options
    according to some it's the beard
  • Options
    This whole idea that Hamer is egotistical seems to have done the round a few times, but is rarely based on anything other than the fact that he is on Twitter and enjoys a laugh with his team-mates.

I've felt a LOT more comfortable with him in the side ahead of Thuram!
  • Options
    I know Ben very well and he's a funny, down to earth guy who will happily laugh at himself. Much of his humour is tongue in cheek. Give him a break, he could be a reason we stay up this season
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with hamer at all... I've always liked him. Granted he may have had a dip in form previous but then so did Joe hart, Hamer is alright
  • Options
    Big fan of Hamer
  • Options

What sort of cretin thinks hurling abuse at a player will make him play better?

The most sensible sentence on this thread.

• Options
    Agree with the stuff about 'ego'. Judge someone's performance from how they play, but judge their character when you don't know them? C Ronaldo and Z Ibrahamovic are obvious exceptions to this, but we've got lots of interviews and public statements on which to judge them. With Hamer it appears to be one person says it on a forum, someone else repeats it so it must be true. Find me a goalkeeper who doesn't spend alot of time shouting at other players and I'll be very surprised. As mentioned above please consider the alternative option in goal