Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

north stand abuse of hamer

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cracking point blank save
  • Options
    I don't understand the abuse of Hamer at all? He has got us out of jail on numerous occasions this season. He made one excellent save on Sat that could have meant we lost the game 0-4. I sat next to a couple of blokes on Sat who just slated everyone and it became boring very quickly. Everyone should be entitled to their opinion but blindly slagging off the majority of our players is hardly going to help matters. It just creates a terrible atmosphere. If it's that bad don't come!
  • Options
    Im a Hamer fan. Had a couple of kick up the arse's when dropped and came back stronger. Good show of character, especially for a goalkeeper.

And the whole 'arrogant' and 'up himself' stuff from social media is b*llocks.
  • Options
    His celebration against Bournemouth says it all for me.
  • Options

I know Ben very well and he's a funny, down to earth guy who will happily laugh at himself. Much of his humour is tongue in cheek. Give him a break, he could be a reason we stay up this season

Anyone with a beard like that must like laughing at himself!

In terms of his on the field performances, he's always been an excellent shot stopper who makes occasional mistakes in terms of his judgment, but then he's hardly the last keeper to have problems there...
  • Options
    He's our best choice by a million miles, but I get so angry at how he criticises the defence sometimes.

For those on here that say shouting at a player won't make them better, he could certainly do with taking that advice.
  • Options
    Didn't take long for the focus on the keeper being shite to be back to hamer

I wonder if them doing it were the same ones bitching that CP was being told to pick a different goalie to play
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seems to divide opinion more than most, don't think he's a great keeper but at the moment I think he's the best we've got, then again I didn't really have a problem with Thuram.

agree he needs to concentrate more on his own game rather than berating his back 4, a more than capable championship keeper.
  • Options
    A man of few words.

But lots of pictures.

And a picture paints a thousand words.

So I guess he's a man of lots of words.

I'll shut up...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    You've got to have a bit of ego to be a competitor and want to perform in public. Nothing wrong with that. I also follow him on Twitter and I can't say he comes over badly at all.

Whatever you think of him, abusing him is not going to help the team these people claim to support. I know we all blow off steam at the footy, but Hamer seems a curious target. He's the least of our problems.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

.......Hamer seems a curious target.
    He's the least of our problems.

This.

• Options
    Addicted said:

Or the fact that he's unable to command his area, he seems to put all the defence on edge as they don't know if his coming for the ball or not, and above all for a decent shot stopper his got the ego and cockeyness of a world class superstar.

Oooo my very own graphic, someone's been a busy boy in school today. Carry on and you might get a gold star for your IT course work.
  • Options
    I've been Hamers biggest critic but he is doing ok at the moment

It's the other end we need to worry about

Crowd slagging him off will do no good
  • Options
    Think I may throw some abuse at him! He won't sign a contract extension for me on fifa! Point blank refusing!

Didn't want to sign him up anyway *sulks*
  • Options

Probably the same moron who was hurling abuse from the safety of the North to Wilson at the end of the game.

It won't affect him. He's used to it. Got abused before, played well, and now has a song just for him!
    Football is fickle, will never change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Give him a break, he could be a reason we stay up this season

Couldn't agree more, Hamer has 4 clean sheets in last 5 games and has earnt them, add to those the cup heroics.... Contract on table this week please RD

• Options
    edited March 2014

Give him a break, he could be a reason we stay up this season

Couldn't agree more, Hamer has 4 clean sheets in last 5 games and has earnt them, add to those the cup heroics.... Contract on table this week please RD

He made a couple of crucial saves last night to keep it at 0-0 without which you can forget smash and grab away wins. I've seen all of the loan keeper's performances and without doubt Hamer is best keeper on our books right now. Furthermore if RD is inputting into team selection Jose is taking the same stance as CP did :-0