Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Sausage you've had?

Comments

• From the butchers in Eynsford, can't remember his name.
  • Post of the week!
  • Normans
    he does nice big coarse ones, and sells the crusty bread to go with it.
  • Bratwurst in Munich.
  • Post of the week!

I agree completely, there are so many directions this post could go, but from a purely sausage point of view Kennedys butcher used to make amazing herbed sausages. There used to be a couple of them around, last one I remember was in Bromley. I haven't been home for a while, I think my mum told me they are no longer around.
    Oh by the way my wifes a South African and she loves a bit of English sausage.
  • The Rose and Crown at Plumstead, mid 80's, used to do a jumbo sausage in French bread which was universally referred to as the "Errol Flynn"
  • I REALLY can't comment on this one, guys.

I tried so hard that night as we'll damn
  • I don't like to blow my own trumpet

but

the pork and apple sausages I make using the pork from my own piggies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Steve Clark butchers in joydens wood. Amazing bit of meat inside you
  • Bratwurst, diced and served with curry ketchup and a good sprinkling of curry powder on top. Top top sausage.
  • Ooooooooh matron!
  • My late father was from Sheffield and there were a couple of butchers that did fantastic tomato sausages. We used to eat them evey breakfast if we were visiting and pounds of them travelled to Kent over the years.

My father was not a football man, but several members of the family up there are keen Wednesday supporters - There is one outcast who is a United fan which is apparently a source of great shame.
  • The Sheffield tomato sausage

cue Operation pig.
  • The Sheffield tomato sausage

cue Operation pig.

They were pork too!
  • I've had plenty of sausages in my life but think the world famous Smithies brand are the best.

I did actually write this about four hours ago but forgot to post...
  • Homemade pork, onion and fennel sausage in Sicily. Mouthwatering.
  • This thread isn't what I thought it would be...
  • Sponsored links:

• Oooh errr missus
  • Curb_It said:

I've had plenty of sausages in my life but think the world famous Smithies brand are the best.

I did actually write this about four hours ago but forgot to post...

And you seemed such a nice girl
  • And you must have mistaken me for someone else!
  • Open and shut after seven posts. Kennedys. RIP
  • There was a sausage shop in beckenham that made different flavour sausages, don't know if it is still there but had some amazing sausages from there.
  • edited March 2014
    According to mrs baldy, sausage is alright but a bit of ongue is better.
  • There was a sausage shop in beckenham that made different flavour sausages, don't know if it is still there but had some amazing sausages from there.

O'Hagans.

• Open and shut after seven posts. Kennedys. RIP

Indeed Kennedys were the best, you know that villagers butchers in beckenham have the Kennedys receipe now, they are very good.
  • Another vote for Kennedys.

Apparently the recipe is now going as Ken and Eddies but it's not the same.