Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Sausage you've had?

2»

Comments

• chipolata
  • Would worst sausage be a bit much?
  • There was a sausage shop in beckenham that made different flavour sausages, don't know if it is still there but had some amazing sausages from there.

O'Hagans.

This place Sadie? I never went but my pal always picked me up a pack of the lamb and rosemary sausages when he was going. Lovely bit of sausage .

http://www.englishsausages.com/index.php?route=common/home

• Would have thought Wein(n)ers would be popular on CL.
  • The sausage in crusty bread at Wycombe away a few seasons ago was memorable.
  • Kennedys sausages were awesome. Good old fashioned banger. None of your poncy peacocks tongue, elder flower and bison. RIP indeed.
  • Rollover at The Valley

• Bratwurst at Nuremberg Hbf 2006 World Cup (vs Trinidad + Tobago). Had one of these beasts whilst waiting for my sons, and then just had to force down another. Sublime ....

• Burwash Beauties prize winning bangers from Burwash/Etchingham butchers. Sorry, end of discussion!
  • Sponsored links:

• RedPanda said:

Would worst sausage be a bit much?

Worst or wurst?

• The Wurst Club on Cornhill does the best German sausage in London.

• The Dutch for sausage is worst (lekker!!) - wurst is German.
  • Went to South African friends of ours yesterday for a braai (what they call a BBQ) and the have a sausage called a boerwors . They put us to shame on the outdoor cooking .

• There was a sausage shop in beckenham that made different flavour sausages, don't know if it is still there but had some amazing sausages from there.

Villagers on the High St. Still there, excellent.

• buckshee said:

Went to South African friends of ours yesterday for a braai (what they call a BBQ) and the have a sausage called a boerwors . They put us to shame on the outdoor cooking .
    blockquote>

Not with that disposable barbeque they don't.

• Curb_It said:

There was a sausage shop in beckenham that made different flavour sausages, don't know if it is still there but had some amazing sausages from there.

O'Hagans.

This place Sadie? I never went but my pal always picked me up a pack of the lamb and rosemary sausages when he was going. Lovely bit of sausage .

http://www.englishsausages.com/index.php?route=common/home

Yes that's the one had some great designer sausages from there all different meats as well as herbs spices and veg.
  • Kennedy's for me too. The original brand has gone of course but the shop in beckenham called village butchers or something similar do one called ken'n'eddies and they are the closest I have found to the original.
  • Wild Caiman sausage
  • Had some pork, apple and black pudding ones from the farm next to a cottage we were staying at in Frome a couple of years ago.

So nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Northern Thailand sausages can be a bit spicy but very tasty.
  • Bratwurst
  • edited May 2014

buckshee said:

Went to South African friends of ours yesterday for a braai (what they call a BBQ) and the have a sausage called a boerwors . They put us to shame on the outdoor cooking .
    blockquote>

Not with that disposable barbeque they don't.

this was the actual one , that photo came off the interweb