Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

why sign polish pete and not use even as a sub?!!

why have we spent a lot of money on a striker then not even have him as a sub even tho we desperately need goals??

Comments

• Options
    Signed fr next season, but asked to come here early. Mentioned 50000 times now I'm sure
  • Options
    Presumably because he's so bad even the new regime manager doesn't want him anywhere near the 1st team squad.

Question I would like answered is who was responsible for bringing him to the club in the first place?
  • Options
    That someone like Pigott is brought back to the club and is ahead of him in the pecking order is bizarre though...
  • Options
    Some people on here are so f##king rude
  • Options

Some people on here are so f##king rude

Does the same questions being constantly asked, not frustrate you ?
  • Options
    A better question would be why did we sell Smith?
  • Options

Because CP didn't rate him.

• Options

Presumably because he's so bad even the new regime manager doesn't want him anywhere near the 1st team squad.

Question I would like answered is who was responsible for bringing him to the club in the first place?

Same people who were responsible for bringing Thuram, Nego, Reza and Koc to help us out! Our highly rated European scouting network!

• Options
    A combination of the above and the new regime hugely underestimating the quality of Championship football. Just because you do well in the Dutch Second Division doesn't mean you'll do it over here unfortunately (looking at you too Reza).
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Signed fr next season, but asked to come here early. Mentioned 50000 times now I'm sure

Could you show us an authoritative source for this assertion? I cannot find a single one.

("Authoritative" = publicly quoted source from a relevant Club employee (or owner) )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Piotr will come good
  • Options

shine166 said:

Could you show us an authoritative source for this assertion? I cannot find a single one.

("Authoritative" = publicly quoted source from a relevant Club employee (or owner) )

Not off the top of my head
  • Options

shine166 said:

Can't be arsed to find one, but was said by Polish Pete himself
  • Options
    So we'll sign him, not even play him in the reserves then all of a sudden come the start of next season he's going to be our super striker? Give me a break. If he was good enough for us next season, we'd be using him right now as we are at a very high risk of getting relegated and unable to score for sh*t
  • Options

Because CP didn't rate him.

I thought it was a case of...

CP: Cant guarantee you a place in the first-team this year because of the relegation scrap
    MS: Okay then I'll be accepting the offer from Swindon as I want to be playing week in week out
    CP: Okay

Am sure had Smith been patient then Powell would have played him from next season more OR had he waited for Riga he could be playing for us now... In which case Smith could be kicking himself especially if you compare his loan to Wimbledon with Pigott's to Gillingham (where the latter has been recalled and is now playing)
  • Options
    It does not make logical sense that he will be much better in August than he is now. I think we have to conclude that he is just not good enough to play for us. It suggests that the scouting is not up to the job. Either that is because the scouts don't know enough about the Championship, or they didn't know enough about the player.

Either way, despite his youth, if he is so far down the pecking order that we have brought in Obika and called Pigott back before giving him a game it suggests that his signing was not very clever.
  • Options

shine166 said:

it was said by Polish Pete himself. Siad he flew to Benfica for talks too. Both Clubs wanted him to join in the summer but he told both he would rather sign now, January, and chose us because we seemed more keen than Benfica were and he didn't think they did enough to persude him to sign.
  • Options

Either that is because the scouts don't know enough about the Championship, or they didn't know enough about the player.

or both

Either way, despite his youth,

He'll be 21 in September.

I don't blame PP and I still think he could come good but it remains a bizarre decision to seemingly prioritise his signing when we needed a more experience striker who was ready and able to play.

Prague, it was PP himself who said he'd come early at his own choosing to allow him to settle down. But that is his take on it not necessarily the clubs.
  • Options
    I think this is one of the strangest, weirdest, nonsensical, unable to understand signings I have ever seen.
    Ok, if we were 'cash rich' and 4,5,6,7,8 hundred thousand pounds is a drop in the ocean, a gamble, fair enough, I get that.
    BUT WE ARE SKINT, we have a new owner who doesn't believe in 'splashing' big cash (fair enough it's his money)
    So SURELY any money we spend MUST be for NOW! when we are up the creek and can't score!!!
    This is really really doing my head in, he 'read' very well and looked pretty good and confident in the little 'propaganda' video?!?!
    So if he 'is' not ready, not good enough WHY the FUCK spend valuable money on him???

I suppose all we can do is trust the coaches but surely he must be worth putting on the bench and give him 20-30 minutes, who knows one might come of his arse and be the start of a turn around!!!
    #confused
  • Options

I think this is one of the strangest, weirdest, nonsensical, unable to understand signings I have ever seen.
    Ok, if we were 'cash rich' and 4,5,6,7,8 hundred thousand pounds is a drop in the ocean, a gamble, fair enough, I get that.
    BUT WE ARE SKINT, we have a new owner who doesn't believe in 'splashing' big cash (fair enough it's his money)
    So SURELY any money we spend MUST be for NOW! when we are up the creek and can't score!!!
    This is really really doing my head in, he 'read' very well and looked pretty good and confident in the little 'propaganda' video?!?!
    So if he 'is' not ready, not good enough WHY the FUCK spend valuable money on him???

I suppose all we can do is trust the coaches but surely he must be worth putting on the bench and give him 20-30 minutes, who knows one might come of his arse and be the start of a turn around!!!
    #confused

no we're not, we're just making sure we're run in a responsible manner, in fact if anything the signing of polish pete is proof we are not skint.

Polish pete will come good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Polish Pete is one for the future. If we hadn't signed him and then when in two years time he's banging them in for Barca and we discovered we could have signed him for 600k Euro's people here would say 'ha, lack of ambition from RD, blah blah blah'. Let's wait and see before we rush to judgement.
  • Options

shine166 said:

himself in his first interview on cafc player, is that authoritative enough for you?
  • Options
    The general feeling at the training ground is we bought a dud.
  • Options
    21 is not one for the future imo
  • Options
    so if we move him on to Leige for 700,000 euro's will people moan or not? or say what a great idea the network is?
  • Options
    Strange thing is he was on bench vs Birmingham and hasn't been seen again since...
  • Options

Says who??
  • Options

so if we move him on to Leige for 700,000 euro's will people moan or not? or say what a great idea the network is?

I will if we go down, dreadful purchase if you speak to anybody at training ground.

Also been told that we didn't pay anywhere near amount quoted, just conveniently reported at that level to show new owners "investing" in the club.
  • Options

Says who??
    tangoflash

• Options

I will if we go down, dreadful purchase if you speak to anybody at training ground.

Also been told that we didn't pay anywhere near amount quoted, just conveniently reported at that level to show new owners "investing" in the club.
    who have you heard 'dreadful purchase' from at the training ground Pete?