Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

why sign polish pete and not use even as a sub?!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Seems odd that we didn't send him out on loan to allow him more playing time. Maybe L2 or something to show what he can do? His track record is decent so would imagine there would be a few takers for a goalscorer.
  • Options
    will be interesting to know what exactly has been said about him, rather than "people at the training ground says he's not good enough". My thinking is that its all just chinese whispers originating from a reams style person in the north upper who thinks he can guess whats going on at the club.
  • Options

I think this is one of the strangest, weirdest, nonsensical, unable to understand signings I have ever seen.
    Ok, if we were 'cash rich' and 4,5,6,7,8 hundred thousand pounds is a drop in the ocean, a gamble, fair enough, I get that.
    BUT WE ARE SKINT, we have a new owner who doesn't believe in 'splashing' big cash (fair enough it's his money)
    So SURELY any money we spend MUST be for NOW! when we are up the creek and can't score!!!
    This is really really doing my head in, he 'read' very well and looked pretty good and confident in the little 'propaganda' video?!?!
    So if he 'is' not ready, not good enough WHY the FUCK spend valuable money on him???

I suppose all we can do is trust the coaches but surely he must be worth putting on the bench and give him 20-30 minutes, who knows one might come of his arse and be the start of a turn around!!!
    #confused

no we're not, we're just making sure we're run in a responsible manner, in fact if anything the signing of polish pete is proof we are not skint.

Polish pete will come good.
    I understand 're' the money and being run responsibly, and of course I'm all for that and in total agreement. What I can't understand is why buy 'him' in particular?
    There will be other players available for 'next season' or whenever they are ready. BUT If we do get relegated we already have strikers good enough for that league at the club. Especially after Kermorgant decided he wasn't staying, we needed to replace the likes of him, not look to the future!
    Obviously this is only my opinion, I still cannot understand it.
    I hope you are all right in saying we will stay up (with what we've got) and PP will score for fun next season. I'm afraid I personally can't see it happening, if he is as good as people think, he surely must be worth 20-30 minutes??
    Things are not going to change that much with him in the closed season.
  • Options
    well he says 'if you speak to anybody at the training ground' so there is your answer. I did hear that his Mum is the laundry lady so probably her.
  • Options

I think this is one of the strangest, weirdest, nonsensical, unable to understand signings I have ever seen.
    Ok, if we were 'cash rich' and 4,5,6,7,8 hundred thousand pounds is a drop in the ocean, a gamble, fair enough, I get that.
    BUT WE ARE SKINT, we have a new owner who doesn't believe in 'splashing' big cash (fair enough it's his money)
    So SURELY any money we spend MUST be for NOW! when we are up the creek and can't score!!!
    This is really really doing my head in, he 'read' very well and looked pretty good and confident in the little 'propaganda' video?!?!
    So if he 'is' not ready, not good enough WHY the FUCK spend valuable money on him???

I suppose all we can do is trust the coaches but surely he must be worth putting on the bench and give him 20-30 minutes, who knows one might come of his arse and be the start of a turn around!!!
    #confused

no we're not, we're just making sure we're run in a responsible manner, in fact if anything the signing of polish pete is proof we are not skint.

Polish pete will come good.
    I understand 're' the money and being run responsibly, and of course I'm all for that and in total agreement. What I can't understand is why buy 'him' in particular?
    There will be other players available for 'next season' or whenever they are ready. BUT If we do get relegated we already have strikers good enough for that league at the club. Especially after Kermorgant decided he wasn't staying, we needed to replace the likes of him, not look to the future!
    Obviously this is only my opinion, I still cannot understand it.
    I hope you are all right in saying we will stay up (with what we've got) and PP will score for fun next season. I'm afraid I personally can't see it happening, if he is as good as people think, he surely must be worth 20-30 minutes??
    Things are not going to change that much with him in the closed season.
    Standard have a lot of young players on their books, most of whom are loaned out. I'm thinking we may see quite a lot of young players come to the club in the summer, most of whom are just gambles.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Seems odd that we didn't send him out on loan to allow him more playing time. Maybe L2 or something to show what he can do? His track record is decent so would imagine there would be a few takers for a goalscorer.

Would be blown over by the solitary man in the stands shouting abuse at him in L2.. I'll be very surprised if we even see this guy score a goal for Charlton. Good luck to the boy though.
  • Options
    I dont really care anymore if he was signed for next season, but wanted to come early. With the amount of games coming, and none of our strikers scoring, why not just give him a crack. At this stage we've got nothing to lose.
  • Options

so if we move him on to Leige for 700,000 euro's will people moan or not? or say what a great idea the network is?

Not getting your point there Large. Why would that happen, for that kind of figure?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    To good for us. Being fattened up for a summer move to Liege.
  • Options

shine166 said:

Signed fr next season, but asked to come here early. Mentioned 50000 times now I'm sure

Could you show us an authoritative source for this assertion? I cannot find a single one.

("Authoritative" = publicly quoted source from a relevant Club employee (or owner) )
    himself in his first interview on cafc player, is that authoritative enough for you?
    Not really, no. Poor old Pete can hardly judge whether we can afford 700k, can he? And if he has been promised a move to Standard if he performs, well he is not going to say that in the interview either, is he?

• Options
    A Charlton fan on twitter, who's probably on here, sent a tweet to Polish Pete a few weeks ago saying he had a feeling PP would be playing in that evening's game, to which PP replied something like, 'Well, that's a bad feeling, mate.'
  • Options

so if we move him on to Leige for 700,000 euro's will people moan or not? or say what a great idea the network is?

Not getting your point there Large. Why would that happen, for that kind of figure?

So RD gets the pleasure of writing out a nice big cheque of £700k to... himself
  • Options
    Most people on here have not seen him kick a ball but some have already written him off.

I'll be interested to know the FACTS around those at the training ground allegedly saying he is a dud.

• Options
    Even the OS was scathing about one of his misses in the last U-21 match, which is very unusual.
  • Options
    Why will Barca sign Poyet and not even use him as a sub?
  • Options
    Also isn't he the one Powell said we'd had "our" eye on for a while?
  • Options
    So Powell either lied, thought he was good for the now or thought he was good for the future? Whichever way, we're stuck with him so let's see what he can do next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Even the OS was scathing about one of his misses in the last U-21 match, which is very unusual.

link
  • Options
    Simon E said:

I dont really care anymore if he was signed for next season, but wanted to come early. With the amount of games coming, and none of our strikers scoring, why not just give him a crack. At this stage we've got nothing to lose.

People said the same about Chris Dickson and that didn't work out. If he's not being considered when our other strikers are so poor then they clearly must think he's a long way from ready.
  • Options
    Playing for the under 21's tonight
  • Options
    I think it's obvious to us all by now that he won't feature this season /thread
  • Options

shine166 said:

Signed fr next season, but asked to come here early. Mentioned 50000 times now I'm sure

Could you show us an authoritative source for this assertion? I cannot find a single one.

("Authoritative" = publicly quoted source from a relevant Club employee (or owner) )
    himself in his first interview on cafc player, is that authoritative enough for you?
    Not really, no. Poor old Pete can hardly judge whether we can afford 700k, can he? And if he has been promised a move to Standard if he performs, well he is not going to say that in the interview either, is he?

you asked about being signed for next season, why are you on about how much we payed for him?
  • Options
    Simon E said:

I think we've got a hell of alot to lose. Can't be playing a striker who's clearly not up to it.....................oh, wait. We've been doing it all season.
  • Options

Presumably because he's so bad even the new regime manager doesn't want him anywhere near the 1st team squad.

Question I would like answered is who was responsible for bringing him to the club in the first place?

Exactly, and I bet we do not get to know that!
  • Options

So RD gets the pleasure of writing out a nice big cheque of £700k to... himself
    A way around FFP
  • Options
    Another Classic YouTube suck in for Charlton