Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell interview Late Kick Off BBC 1, 11:25

13»

Comments

• Options
    I think we should take what Chris said on Late Kick off at face value. He was not told to play any particular players and was not sacked for for this.
    I guess was or is unwilling to become a head coach and work under a director of football, which I believe is the senior managemant structure Roland is going for to run the playing side.
  • Options
    This question may have been asked before but, say he'd gone back to Leicester to coach alongside Pearson, would he still be a hero etc or would he be remembered a somebody who jumped a sinking ship - we can't have it both ways. Legend yes, but also an employee - it's hard, but the two must be separated. Would he still be "The Gaffer" if he'd chosen to leave??
  • Options

This question may have been asked before but, say he'd gone back to Leicester to coach alongside Pearson, would he still be a hero etc or would he be remembered a somebody who jumped a sinking ship - we can't have it both ways. Legend yes, but also an employee - it's hard, but the two must be separated. Would he still be "The Gaffer" if he'd chosen to leave??

He didn't so no two ways about it.

• Options

But he didn't jump ship so it's a moot point.

I could just as well ask "If he'd got us promoted last season would it be OK to call him "Lord Powell".

What his legend status is based on, for me at least, is not what he might have done but what what he did do. As a player, as a manager and as a human being.
    A fair shout - I was trying to establish the level of emotion for some by using, hypothetically, his leaving for his own benefit compared to his leaving because he had no choice.
  • Options
    I'd really like to see this - any ideas howfrom South Africa? I have a vpn & a sky account but only have limited Internet on my mobiles at the moment & wont get wifi for a few weeks. I pretty much feel the same about him as Fanny. Ironic he got sacked for picking Hamer & then YT-U hasnt been picked since & has spat out his dummy & refused to travel
  • Options
    Just caught up on this recorded from Monday night. Sweet jesus I adore that man. As said above, class, dignity, intelligence. Powell for PM.
  • Options

I'd really like to see this - any ideas howfrom South Africa? I have a vpn & a sky account but only have limited Internet on my mobiles at the moment & wont get wifi for a few weeks. I pretty much feel the same about him as Fanny. Ironic he got sacked for picking Hamer & then YT-U hasnt been picked since & has spat out his dummy & refused to travel

I suspect that he got sacked because he was unwilling to take the role that Roland wanted him to take. The player issue was s catalyst for this.