Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What phone ya got?

Comments

• Options
    My Samsung got destroyed at work over the weekend so I'm about to go and buy a new phone, going with the Chinese brand 小米 . (Xiao Mi)

Looking at the spec, I assume it won't be too long before they are selling phones outside of China.

http://www.ch999.com/product/19826.html
  • Options
    Three. Named after the amount of locations that you can actually get a signal in!
  • Options
    Apple - you get a years warranty on your phone, which for me, is the iPhones best selling point.
    After a year it won't be as precious to you and you don't have to pay an excess extra £8 a month for insurance.

Phones break and get lost countless of times.
  • Options

Three. Named after the amount of locations that you can actually get a signal in!

They're support staff aint that sharp either.

Despite sitting directly next to a cell tower for 8 hours a day, I still can't get signal. I haven't since I got off the plane. So despite going for Three specifically for data/calls from abroad to be included in my plan... I haven't had signal for even 5 seconds.

So I've been in contact with them for 7 days about this, and the crux of it so far was "have you got roaming turned on?". I've now been told it's escalated and that "you’ve got some very technically minded people trying to find a solution for you"...
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Got an iphone 5 for work on o2. Other tgan being able to use itunes I think they're crap. My personal phone is a samsung 3 on 3 network... love it.

@DaveMehmet‌ why do you say the iPhone 5 is crap?
    Constantly drops calls, issues with voicemail, the power button only works when it feels like it.
  • Options

Some kind of Nokia, no idea what it's called. It makes calls an sends texts which is all I need.

Similar to you Algarve.
    Would also like to add that not only am i happy with the size of my penis, my car does is not a sporty red two seater that does 0-60 in under four seconds.

• Options
    I have a Nokia C1 which cost £30, TalkTalk mobile network and pay £5 per month rolling contract. Phone/text/radio that's all I use it for.
  • Options
    Look at you all with your big phones. Is it to make up for something? :P
  • Options

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on the Three network. Brilliant piece of kit. Three also offers truly unlimited data which no other network seems to offer (4G included).

Don't see the fuss with iPhones. iOS is totally illogical and the screens on them are too small and have much lower resolutions than leading Android handsets.

If you think iOS is illogical (why, out of interest?), you should try a Windows 'phone. My wife has one and it's the most appalling operating system I have ever come across.
    This. As an Apple critic of some note, even I have to agree that it's light years ahead of Windows' mobile o/s, which is - and always has been an absolute mess. Android is superior to ios - but ios is great for people who are non technical.
  • Options
    Samsung galaxy ace. Had it for 3 years now. Got it on a 2 year contract and just switched to a pay monthly after, as I couldn't see the point of getting a new phone for the sake of it. Very seldom use it for anything more than calls & text, so does what I need............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on the Three network. Brilliant piece of kit. Three also offers truly unlimited data which no other network seems to offer (4G included).

Don't see the fuss with iPhones. iOS is totally illogical and the screens on them are too small and have much lower resolutions than leading Android handsets.

If you think iOS is illogical (why, out of interest?), you should try a Windows 'phone. My wife has one and it's the most appalling operating system I have ever come across.
    This. As an Apple critic of some note, even I have to agree that it's light years ahead of Windows' mobile o/s, which is - and always has been an absolute mess. Android is superior to ios - but ios is great for people who are non technical.
    iOS is ridiculously confusing sometimes - Some apps have their settings in the app whereas sometimes you have to root around in the settings. Furthermore the lack of a back button is infuriating if you've come from an android device. This is particularly annoying when you open a link in an email and it opens the browser, and then there is no way of going back to your emails without switching apps.

• Options
    iPhone 5 on Three, will be an iPhone 6 on Three when the new one comes out later this year
  • Options

Some kind of Nokia, no idea what it's called. It makes calls an sends texts which is all I need.

Similar to you Algarve.
    Would also like to add that not only am i happy with the size of my penis, my car does is not a sporty red two seater that does 0-60 in under four seconds.

I've a great phone but you should see the state of my car... That was the last time I took it to the seaside by the way ;-)

• Options
    Had HTC Desire S for around 2 1/2yrs, been very happy with it but need to upgrade now. Never had an iPhone but tempted now as i'm finding all the new top level phones are just too big for trouser pocket use, verging on the size of tablets.

I fall under the second of tier of pricing range (around £25 a month), so i'm guessing it will be the S4 mini, HTC One mini, or an Iphone 4.

Whether any of those are a step up from what i have, don't really know enough.
  • Options
    iPhone for the first time. Overrated!
  • Options
    HTC One X. Great phone when its working, unfortunately has an annoying habit of switching into airplane mode which involves turning it off and on to get it working again!
  • Options
    I find this convenient to use wherever I am. It doesn't use 4G but you can hear a voice clearly. If you dial 0891 121146 (premium rates may apply), you can get all of the latest Charlton information.

• Options
    Archos. It's a dual sim phone, so I can use one phone but have different sims - one for work and one for personal. It's android, so it was easy to set it up to send/receive work email on the default email app and sync my work calendar; and downloaded another app for my personal emails.

It has different ring tones and alerts depending on which "line" is ringing and I can see the signal strength of each of the two sims, as they are different colours. Also incoming text messages are colour coded so I can see if they are work or home-related.

Very neat solution to having a "work" and a "home" number; home and work email accounts; and travelling abroad, I can use my work 3G when I need to get around. (I used to hate having to power up my "own" mobile and roam onto an expensive 3G network just to download a map to see where I should be heading).
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Sony Xperia Z on T-Mobile 3G, does the job and is waterproof which is a bonus when taking bath-time selfies

#candid

Nearly lost my breakfast. TOO MUCH INFORMATION.
    Lost your sausage and tomatoes.....? ;-) Understandable.
  • Options
    Literally just got a new phone, a HTC One Mini, a decent mid range Android phone. So far very happy with it, my old Sony had shockingly poor reception by the end!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i used blackberry for ages ... but recently traded up to a LG Nexus 5. Bloody thing cost 400 $US, but so far very impressed. Its faster then my GFs ipad and iMac.
  • Options
    iPhone 4s, never buying an apple product again.
  • Options
    I have blackberry its old but OK my problem is signal where I live. My present phone has UMA which means I can pick up a signal via broadband at home.

I want to upgrade but being told no modern phones have UMA (seems a backward step).

Does anybody know different or have any alternatives, any help would be really appreciated.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Samsung Galaxy S3 on o2. Phone's fine, O2 are going down the plughole. Only still with them because I have a legacy unlimited data agreement for £20 a month, although discovered recently that it's limited at 4GB so not quite the same bargain.

I'm not an Apple person - I think they dictate to you too much how to use your phone, there's a lot more freedom and individuality on the Android ecosystem - but I do own an iPad and it's great for my needs. I'm not loyal to any phone manufacturer, but I like Android enormously.

I cannot see the iPhone 6 being great value. It will be overpriced because the iSheep would still buy it if you could only make calls by putting it in a tin and connecting it to another tin with some string. Phone technologies are converging, Samsung are ahead now in terms of innovation and in many ways Apple have been playing catch up for a while. This too makes the S5 or the One M8 not great value for me either.

My phone is now my information centre, thanks to Google and the gmail-centric cloud. For the same reason I'm not so lost if for whatever reason I don't have it with me - but I do feel naked without it. Needs to perform, needs a good data plan.

Upgrading to anything from a Blackberry is an improvement. They've got their phones very wrong for a long time now.

EDIT: I also have a Nokia Lumia for work, running Windows. I think that would be a great OS for anyone who'd never used a phone before, but I just can't get used to it.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Android though - seems a lot easier to customise and "make my own". There's also some really cool accessories, that are generally cheaper and more widely available than for iOS. All the apps that I originally moved back to iOS for are now available on Android, or there are equivalents.

Plus I had more of a say in which phone I bought, the variety of Android handsets is awesome. So when I do upgrade in two years, if I want a different style of phone, there's a good chance I can keep all my existing apps and stuff; and that was a major concern of mine. In the end though - it worked fine with some software I got with the phone; which took your iTunes library and grabbed your iPhone backup from it - before extracting all the data you may want to transfer.

And throw in that you can just download/transfer your MP3s (etc) direct to your phone - or even better, to an SD card - and they just work in your player without having to hook up to iTunes, and you've hit my top 3 reasons for preferring Android.

• Options
    S4

Really good in many ways and really annoying in fewer. May be my settings or competence though.

Don't use it for music but the screen is brilliant for movies / Ben & Holly etc.

Ironically the phone doesn't really work for me and nothing to do with Network.
  • Options
    I'd love to know if someone has bought one of these and what they reckon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqWTF-y76d0
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    IPhone 4s on o2 work phone with Good Mobile for email. Not so great for typing out long emails on the touch screen but good for everything else. Only place I can never get a signal is in the East Stand at the Valley!
  • Options
    HTC One. Brilliant.
  • Options
    HTC ONE on EE. Brilliant phone, shite coverage. 6 months left, then will switch to O2 with S4 or the new HTC ONE.