Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What phone ya got?

124»

Comments

• Just bought the HTC One M8 (up-front - contracts is for suckers). The phone is the absolute dog's bollocks. Unfortunately, our contract at work is with EE, whse network is just bollocks.
  • BDLBDL
    edited July 2014
    Agree with Rothko, Three seem to have upped their game and seem to have fairly good coverage nationwide, though the network is starting to struggle on matchdays.

Had an Apple iPhone, loved it but it was too slow in the end. Got fed up with paying ridiculous money for contract plus phone so I opted for a Nexus 4, bought it outright for under £250. It's a great phone but the Nexus 5 is much better.

I'm on Three, got the unlimited all-you-can-eat data package, plus 600 mins talk and 1000's of texts. Allows me to tether devices - I hammer the data on my phone and I pay £15 per month. Absolute bargain.

Best value Android phone at the moment is the Moto G, which I do believe now has LTE capability. Bought one for my wife and she loves it, will be buying one for my youngest when he starts at his next school in September.

Only thing that lets my phone down is the limited memory (Limited huh!) 16GB - would have been nice if they had included an SD card socket.
  • Anyone got a iphone 5c?? need some advice got offered it with unlimited texts , unlimited minutes and 2 gb data per month for 24.99. originally they wanted 31.99 but managed to knock them down. Is that a decent deal? or anyone paying cheaper?
  • Sony Xperia z3 compact.

Much better than the iPhone in my opinion, but most phones are a much of a muchness these days. All simple and all decent screens and cameras.
  • Anyone got a iphone 5c?? need some advice got offered it with unlimited texts , unlimited minutes and 2 gb data per month for 24.99. originally they wanted 31.99 but managed to knock them down. Is that a decent deal? or anyone paying cheaper?

The c is for cheap. It's probably the 8gb version.

Look at androids and you'll find something better at that price.
  • IPhone 5C...not good. Go for the 5S instead. Slightly more expensive but a lot better.
  • another vote for Z3 compact....great specs but most importantly for this consumer, wont fall to bits after 8 months.

like @Dazzler 21‌ says, I agree the options on the market have evened out in terms of what they now all offer which is a good screen, fast tinternet and a camera good enough for most people`s usage requirement.

sony for the overall quality of the build and the fact its android
    samsung - great in the shop but lack of durability
    iphone - pah

anyone tried that amazon fire fone?
  • Galaxy Note 4 in a different league. Easily the best phone out at the moment.
  • HTC one M8, just upgraded from HTC Desire ...great phone and battery life is superb
  • Still have my three year old iPhone 4S on Vodafone Sim Only (£10.50pm/unlimited call & texts/1gb data).

Was looking at a sim free 128gb iphone 6 but at £699 too pricey.

However, through work I can get 6% off at Currys and then saw that O2 Priority (my parents are on O2) were giving £50 off a £500 spend.

It may have been worth it but by the time I got onto the Priority site the code was gone.

Looks like the 4S will have to survive a bit longer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just upgraded to Nokia Lumia 930.

Now as an old time IT fart, I hate Windas with a passion but so far this phone has been the mutts nuts. Impressive. Mind you I ain't dropped the thing yet!
  • Just wangled an iPhone 6+ through work. At first it seemed ridiculously large and unwieldy so I considered giving it up, but after a few days, there's no going back. Anything else just feels too small now.