Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game of Thrones - Those who have read the books up to date

13»

Comments

• Options
    ... There is Dany, Jon Snow and 1 other. Gonna be cryptic here (sort of) wasn't there that guy on a ship - he is supposed to be dead but isn't.

They come in threes.
  • Options
    Any news on when the next book is coming out? I am still sitting on the series at the moment until I read them. Looking forward to finally watching them in 10 years
  • Options

Any news on when the next book is coming out? I am still sitting on the series at the moment until I read them. Looking forward to finally watching them in 10 years

Honestly think he'll die before he finished them.

George Martin is 67 years old and doesn't look like the fittest bloke in the world.

He's said the next book isn't finished yet - 5 years and waiting since the last:

A Game of Thrones (1996)
    A Clash of Kings (1998)
    A Storm of Swords (2000)
    A Feast for Crows (2005)
    A Dance with Dragons (2011)
    The Winds of Winter (forthcoming)
    A Dream of Spring (forthcoming)
  • Options
    WSS said:

Honestly think he'll die before he finished them.

George Martin is 67 years old and doesn't look like the fittest bloke in the world.

He's said the next book isn't finished yet - 5 years and waiting since the last:

A Game of Thrones (1996)
    A Clash of Kings (1998)
    A Storm of Swords (2000)
    A Feast for Crows (2005)
    A Dance with Dragons (2011)
    The Winds of Winter (forthcoming)
    A Dream of Spring (forthcoming)
    He could have saved 5 years and not bothered with A Feast for Crows. Hoping he lives to a ripe old age, maybe we can wait for an eighth book too.

Wouldn't be surprised if he split the books in two.
  • Options
    Maybe 20(seventeen)

Read he'd cut off a lot of public appearances to focus on it etc. Who knows
  • Options
    He was aiming to finish it and have it out before season 6 but has missed the deadline. There were rumours he had finished it late last year but maybe he wasn't happy with it and needed to re write bits of it.
  • Options
    As @WSS says I have a nasty feeling he will die before finishing it. Obviously I hope he doesn't as it sounds like I'm wishing that on another human being.

• Options
    I believe he has given details to others of what is to happen... why not start working with them to get the books finished?

• Options
    It's not like he's got a pile of dishes to wash and he should get started! Writing a novel must be bloody hard and heavily dependent on state of mind and what mood you're in. Can't really rush that creative process, not when the same process has brought us what we've read and seen so far. I do think he will have given the major plot points to some important friends and colleagues though.
  • Options
    I wonder if Jorah will find a cure?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As usual, South Park had this nailed some time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-5VbJ7AxBk
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

It's not like he's got a pile of dishes to wash and he should get started! Writing a novel must be bloody hard and heavily dependent on state of mind and what mood you're in. Can't really rush that creative process, not when the same process has brought us what we've read and seen so far. I do think he will have given the major plot points to some important friends and colleagues though.

Hasn't he said that if he dies before he finishes he will not allow someone else to finish it?
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Hasn't he said that if he dies before he finishes he will not allow someone else to finish it?
    He won't have a say in that matter!
  • Options
    WSS said:

JiMMy 85 said:

He won't have a say in that matter!
    Interesting article on this here. He says he wouldn't want anyone else working on it, and his wife would most likely prevent it after his death. Then goes onto say that at some point one of his grandkids/3rd party might get hold of the rights and be able to publish. So the work would probably come out eventually. We would be waiting quite some time for it however. If he doesn't want anyone else to finish it he could destroy the notes and it just becomes fan fiction.

Here is George's response to people saying he might die before he finishes his work.