Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official World Snooker Championship 2014 thread

Comments

• Options

The total centuries isn't looking good and my more than 15.5 frames in the Bingham match sums it up!

Nor is the Maguire to win bet you placed
  • Options
    @killer that was quite an unlucky total frames bet to be fair!
  • Options
    True paulie early stages stages and plenty of days to make a profit.markwebb I thought the bet looked good when the score was 5-4!
  • Options
    Great stuff Paulie, i am following all the snooker and playing more as a result of it :)

Ronnie's score was a bit flattering but still would be a brave man to bet against him...

I had Ali Carter v Guodong no 3 consecutive frames @ 16/1 thought was a great bet as was always going to be tight but captain won 3 in row early doors :(

Love the snooker, but do really bad on betting on it just enjoy it as i think it will be a great championship.

Great stuff by Doherty today, Bingham complaining about his cue just seems bad sport to me regardless how true it is
  • Options
    End of the Afternoon session on Day 2

Ali Carter 10-8 Xiao Guodong
    Ding Junhui 6-3 Michael Wasley (Will finish tomorrow afternoon at 14:30)

Very slow day for the Centuries only 1 so far, although it is the current high break a 136 by Ding Junhui

So onto the Evening Session starting at 19:00:
    Shaun Murphy 5-4 Jamie Cope (Plays to a finish)
    Stephen Maguire 3-6 Ryan Day (Plays to a finish)
  • Options
    Just need D.Junhui to win the next four frames for a 8/1 correct score and to hang onto the highest break and all early loses forgotten
  • Options
    The Evening session finished with 2 final frame deciders
    Shaun Murphy 10-9 Jamie Cope (Nip and Tuck all the way neither player got clear at any point)
    Stephen Maguire 9-10 Ryan Day (Maguire done well to come from 6-3 behind but just lost out in the final frame decider)

So to recap day 2 of the Dafabet World Championship:
    Jamie Burnett takes a 6-3 lead over Joe Perry into tomorrow
    Ding Junhui will also take a 6-3 lead into tomorrow against Michael Wasley
    Ken Doherty pulled off a marvelous 10-5 win over Stuart Bingham
    Ali Carter beat Xiao Guodong 10-8
    Shaun Murphy beat Jamie Cope 10-9
    Ryan Day beat Stephen Maguire 10-9

Only 2 Centuries today 134 by Stephen Maguire and the current high break a 136 by Ding Junhui

Onto tomorrow,

The morning session again starting at 10:00
    Joe Perry 3-6 Jamie Burnett (Plays to a finish)
    Mark Selby v Michael White (Only met once before which was in the UK Championship, a match which Selby won then went on to win the tournament)
  • Options
    Have gone for Kyren Wilson today in a big way! Backed him to win his match outright plus with a handicap of +3.5 frames and bought his 50ups on the spreads.
  • Options
    End of Morning Session

Joe Perry 10-7 (Joe Perry came from 6-3 behind to set up a 2nd round match with Ronnie O'Sullivan)
    Mark Selby 5-4 Michael White (Mark Selby was 5-1 up will finish tonight at 19:00)

Only 1 century this morning

The afternoon session starts at 14:30
    Ding Junhui 6-3 Michael Wasley (Plays to a finish)
    John Higgins V Alan McManus (All Scottish battle)
  • Options
    End of the Afternoon session

John Higgins 3-6 Alan McManus (Will Finish tomorrow morning at 10:00)
    Ding Junhui 9-8 Michael Wasley (Will Finish he first available table becomes free this evening)

Again only 1 century this afternoon

The Evening session starts at 19:00

Mark Selby 5-4 Michael White (Plays to a finish)
    Ricky Walden V Kyren Wilson (Kyren Wilson making his crucible debut)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kind of annoying how they cant finish their game dont you think? rules are rules tho

Also very dissapointed with the coverage earlier i wanted to continue to watch Selby vs White and not Burnett v Perry and they stopped showing it on either channel and said it was on eurosport 2 which it was not grrr the coverage is a bit of a joke why they dont just show all of it, its only for 17days!

Wasley has had a cracking debut, although i like Ding it would be remarkable if he can win and didnt show any nerves at all today. Both him and White are going to be up there for a long time!

looking forward to see Kyren Wilson too, dont think i've seen him play but follow snooker blog... snookerbacker.com which makes him out to be quite exciting , recommend people go on there daily too for preview/ write ups good read and some betting tips not that i take any lol
  • Options

Kind of annoying how they cant finish their game dont you think? rules are rules tho

Also very dissapointed with the coverage earlier i wanted to continue to watch Selby vs White and not Burnett v Perry and they stopped showing it on either channel and said it was on eurosport 2 which it was not grrr the coverage is a bit of a joke why they dont just show all of it, its only for 17days!

Wasley has had a cracking debut, although i like Ding it would be remarkable if he can win and didnt show any nerves at all today. Both him and White are going to be up there for a long time!

looking forward to see Kyren Wilson too, dont think i've seen him play but follow snooker blog... snookerbacker.com which makes him out to be quite exciting , recommend people go on there daily too for preview/ write ups good read and some betting tips not that i take any lol

U can watch both matches live on the BBC website

and dont tell people about snooker backer lol, will cut my figures down
  • Options
    lol of course it wont mate, he is completely different style, comes across as a douche a bit but like reading his blogs
  • Options
    Kyren Wilson looking good. Impressive first session.
  • Options
    Keep it up Kyren Wilson as you have a fair few of my pennies on you
  • Options
    Struggling since interval.
  • Options
    Anyone else prefer Eurosport to the BBC for the snooker. Can't stand Virgo and Thorne.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Anyone else prefer Eurosport to the BBC for the snooker. Can't stand Virgo and Thorne.

Prefer BBC cos its terrestrial TV but hate it sometimes, yesterday for example they pulled it off 301 for interactive Antics Roadshow,
  • Options
    No one watching the final frame decider Selby v White? It's on the Red Button.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    End of the evening session of day 3

Ricky Walden 6-3 Kyren Wilson (Finishes tomorrow night at 19:00)
    Mark Selby 10-9 Michael White (Tense match but Selby edged the final frame decider)

1 century this evening which is now a new high break as Ricky Walden got a 137

So onto tomorrow
    The morning session is
    Marco Fu V Martin Gould (A match that really could go either way)
    John Higgins 3-6 Alan McManus (Plays to a finish)

Will give a day roundup after the Ding Junhui V Michael Wasley match has been on, starts any minute now maximum 2 frames left
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Ding v Wasley is on TV LIVE now via the Red Button. Could this be yet another last frame decider?
  • Options
    Watching on Eurosport.
  • Options
    Wow! So is this the 5th 1st round match to go to a deciding frame? I think Ding was ridiculously odds on as World #2 and Wasley was 20-1 against.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Watching on Eurosport.

Why? It's quite a bit behind the BBC and no Virgo or Griffiths.
  • Options
    It says live and there is no Virgo or griffiths
  • Options
    Day 3 Roundup
    Joe Perry Beat Jamie Burnett 10-7 (Afterwards Burnett said he has fallen out of love with the game and is considering retirement)
    Mark Selby Beat Michael Whie 10-9 (A tense final frame decider but Selby's record in final frame deciders is near perfect)
    Michael Wasley Beat Ding Junhui 10-9 (A great performance from Wasley on his Crucible debut, Will Ding ever win the big one)
    Alan McManus will take a comfortable 6-3 lead into tomorrow (McManus was wearing some great tartan trousers)
    Ricky Walden will also take a 6-3 lead into tomorrow against Kyren Wilson (Wilson started strong but the mid session interval helped Ricky Walden)

There was only 3 centuries today (10 for the tournament now) but we do have a new high break which was a 137 by Ricky Walden.
  • Options
    What a last frame.

Said Ding wouldn't even make semis but first round !!!
  • Options
    Ding was unlucky there and put on a ferocious show when all seemed lost but Wasley played out of his skin throughout the match. Great, great deciding frame.
  • Options
    Agreed. Only sour note was the fluke but as exciting a final frame I have seen in a while.
  • Options
    On a extra note there have been 4 final frame deciders at the crucible this year 2 last night 2 tonight, there was only 2 in the whole of the tournament last year