Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official World Snooker Championship 2014 thread

Comments

• Options
    What's your view on John Higgins Paulie? Personally hope he never wins another match in his life. Can't stand McManus or his tartan trousers but hope he wins next four frames and knocks his fellow scot out.
  • Options
    Cheers Paulie for round ups , short and sweet and to the point , appreciate it
  • Options
    A nice profit selling D.Jinhui on the spreads has cheered me up after a few near misses on my single bets so far.Really fancy M.Gould and B.Hawkins to win there first round matches
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

What's your view on John Higgins Paulie? Personally hope he never wins another match in his life. Can't stand McManus or his tartan trousers but hope he wins next four frames and knocks his fellow scot out.

Cant stand Higgins, but do like Mcmanus's trousers
  • Options

Cheers Paulie for round ups , short and sweet and to the point , appreciate it

An extra detail you would like on the day roundups
  • Options
    So surprised and disappointed that Ding Junhui was knocked out in the first round....... Never heard of Wasley before. Just checked him on wiki and he's so young, only 24 years old.
  • Options
    End of the Morning session of Day 4

Marco Fu 6-3 Martin Gould (Will finish tomorrow afternoon starting 14:30)
    John Higgins 7-10 Alan McManus (McManus will now face Ken Doherty on Friday)

2 Centuries in this morning's session

The afternoon session starting at 14:30

Barry Hawkins V David Gilbert (Barry Hawkins from Dartford got to the final last year)
    Judd Trump V Tom Ford (Tom Ford has only been here once before and lost in the first round in 2010)
  • Options
    yeah i was also surprised that both Chinese went out in the first round. it wont be long before you have a world championship winner.
  • Options

yeah i was also surprised that both Chinese went out in the first round. it wont be long before you have a world championship winner.

Thanks. Ding's our local boy and he's been doing well ever since his big breakthrough in 2005 - has disappointed us a few times over the years but nevertheless my favourite player, along with O'Sullivan and Mark Selby.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Thanks. Ding's our local boy and he's been doing well ever since his big breakthrough in 2005 - has disappointed us a few times over the years but nevertheless my favourite player, along with O'Sullivan and Mark Selby.
    yeah as ive said before i really like Ding. i think he has a stylish game and im a big supporter of snooker reaching out to new centres such as china and india. gosh even the germans are getting into the game!

i was really appalled at some of the treatment ding got a couple of years back at the crucible but then again, looking at the UK Masters in particular, it seems standards of respect have slipped amongest the hushed masses that usually follow snooker. that o`sullivan v selby final was pretty appalling, was like a millwall v west ham match.

edit...cant wait to see judd trump today. now he is an exciting player to watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ding played a couple of outrageous shots to stay alive in that final frame.
    Was also so unlucky trying to get those snookers when just pink and black left.
  • Options
    End of the afternoon session:

Barry Hawkins 5-4 David Gilbert (Will finish tomorrow morning at 10:00)
    Judd Trump 6-2 Tom Ford (Only managed 8 frames today will finish tomorrow morning at 10:00)

Only 1 century this afternoon

The Evening Session staring at 19:00:

Ricky Walden 6-3 Kyren Wilson (Plays to a finish)
    Mark Allen V Michael Holt (Mark Allen has really struggled this season and dropped down the rankings)
  • Options
    End of the Evening session:

Mark Allen 5-4 Michael Holt (Will Finish tomorrow evening at 19:00)
    Ricky Walden 10-7 Kyren Wilson (A decent performance from Wilson, another play I expect to see a lot more of over the next few years)

0 Centuries tonight

So the day roundup:

Alan McManus beat John Higgins 10-7
    Ricky Walden beat Kyren Wilson also 10-7
    Barry Hawkins will take a 5-4 lead into tomorrow against David Gilbert
    Mark Allen will also take a 5-4 lead into tomorrow against Michael Holt
    Marco Fu takes a 6-3 lead over Martin Gould into tomorrow
    Judd Trump takes a 6-2 lead over Tom Ford into tomorrow, a few long frames meant the only managed 8 today

Only 3 centuries today that's 13 in the opening 4 days, Ricky Walden currently holds the high break with a 137

So onto tomorrow and by this time tomorrow we will know 14 of the last 16 players remaining:

The Morning session:
    Barry Hawkins 5-4 David Gilbert (Plays to a finish)
    Judd Trump 6-2 Tom Ford (Plays to a finish)
  • Options
    I should perhaps learn to maybe not mention my bets as the three bets i placed yesterday i couldn't get on here to mention and they look good at the moment.........2 singles and a double on the handicaps yesterday Hawkins -3.5 and Ford +4.5.If I haven't now doomed them lets give you my losers for today if anyone's interested???N.Robertson correct scores 10-2,10-3,10-4 plus D.Dale to win his match.Well done with all the updates paulie and there has been some great matches already in the 1st round.
  • Options
    nice one killer kish. fingers crossed. i agree with you on the robertson v williams match, see that being 10-4 at its closest
  • Options
    End of The Morning Session:

Barry Hawkins 10-4 David Gilbert (Barry Hawkins will now play Ricky Walden on Friday)
    Judd Trump 10-8 Tom Ford (Judd Trump will now play Ryan Day on Saturday)

0 Centuries this morning

The Afternoon Session starting at 14:30:

Marco Fu 6-3 Martin Gould (Plays to a finish)
    Neil Robertson V Robbie Williams (Robbie Williams making his Crucible Debut, Finally the centuries should start to come today with Neil Robertson playing already got the most centuries in a season this year)
  • Options
    I have put Barry Hearn's Press Conference on the snooker thread some big things came out of it
  • Options
    Williams looks like a pub player...
  • Options
    End of the Afternoon Session:

Marco Fu 10-7 Martin Gould (Marco Fu will now meet Shaun Murphy on Sunday)
    Neil Robertson 7-2 Robbie Williams (A great performance from Robertson, Including 2 centuries)

The Evening Session starting at 19:00:

Mark Davis V Dominic Dale (The last first round match to start)
    Mark Allen 5-4 Michael Holt (Plays to a finish)
  • Options
    The Allen Holt games is painful to watch at moment. Holt has gone mentally. Looks a mess at the table.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top break is 34 in the four frames so far this evening.
  • Options
    Cannot wait for the past world champions to be invited under Hearn's new idea.

Griffiths, Thorburn, Reardon, Parrott, Hendry would all be able to enter again.

Would any of them win a match Paulie?
  • Options

Cannot wait for the past world champions to be invited under Hearn's new idea.

Griffiths, Thorburn, Reardon, Parrott, Hendry would all be able to enter again.

Would any of them win a match Paulie?

You missed out Dennis Taylor
    Parrott got no chance, he tried a couple of years ago in the pre qualifiers and SUCKED in a big way, even he admitted after he could not believe how bad he was
  • Options
    I guess Hendry would be the only one who may perform well. Barry Hearn wants Ray Reardon to be the Jack Nicklaus of snooker - he must be well into his 80s by now!
  • Options
    End of the Evening Session:

Mark Allen 10-4 Michael Holt (Holt really struggled tonight)
    Mark Davis 2-7 (Will finish tomorrow afternoon starting at 13:00)

So to roundup Day 5:

Barry Hawkins beat David Gilbert 10-4
    Mark Allen beat Michael Holt 10-4
    Marco Fu beat Martin Gould 10-7
    Judd Trump beat Tom Ford 10-8
    Neil Robertson has a comfortable 7-2 lead over Robbie Williams
    Dominic Dale will also tale a comfortable 7-2 lead over Mark Davis into tomorrow

There was 3 Centuries today Ricky Walden still has the high break with a 137
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Morning Session tomorrow and the Afternoon Session starts at 13:00 instead of 14:30

Mark Davies 2-7 Dominic Dale (Will Play to a finish)
    Mark Selby V Ali Carter (First of the 2nd round matches)
  • Options
    Time to start airing my awful bets I suppose. Had a bit of Selby -2.5 at evens, and Perry to win 8 or more frames at evens against Ronnie. Not done too well so far, stupidly bet outright on Ford to knock Trump out as I find Trump is often a slow starter, and had a fairly sizeable bet (for me) on Bingham -3.5 against whyly Ken. Laid Mark Davis yesterday which SHOULD claw most of it back, but as likeable as Dominic Dale is I feel guilty backing a man with that fashion sense.
  • Options
    End of the Afternoon Session

Mark Davis 5-10 Dominic Dale (Dale will now play Michael Wasley on Saturday)
    Mark Selby 5-3 Alic Carter (The 2nd Session will be at 10:00 tomorrow morning)

2 Centuries this afternoon both for Ali Carter,

The Evening Session starting at 19:00
    Neil Robertson 7-2 Robbie Williams (Plays to a finish)
    Ronnie O'Sullivan V Joe Perry (Tough match for Perry but if he plays like he did in the 2nd session of his 1st round match who knows what might happen)
  • Options
    Selby v Carter has been an absolute barnstormer so far.
  • Options
    The wife is on nights tonight so looking forward to watching the evening sessions.
  • Options
    End of the Evening Session

Neil Robertson 10-2 Robbie Williams (Robertson will now play Mark Allen on Sunday)
    Joe Perry 5-3 Ronnie O'Sullivan (The 2nd Session will be at 14:30 tomorrow)

3 Centuries this Evening including a new high break a 140 by Neil Robertson
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

So day 6 Roundup

Dominic Dale beat Mark Davis 10-5
    Neil Robertson eased through beating Robbie Williams 10-2
    Mark Selby will be taking a 5-3 lead over Ali Carter into tomorrow
    Joe Perry will also be taking a lead into tomorrow over Ronnie O'Sullivan leading 5-3 as well

There was 5 centuries today and a new high break a 140 by Neil Robertson
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Morning Session tomorrow starting at 10:00

Mark Selby 5-3 Ali Carter (Another 8 frames who will take a lead into the final session)
    Barry Hawkins V Ricky Walden (A Repeat of last years Semi final, which Hawkins won)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note after his 2 centuries this evening Neil Robertson now has 97 Centuries this season, will he be the first player to get a ton of ton's, considering the record before this season was 61 by Judd Trump, And this season Ding got 62 and Robertson is closing in on the 100, shows the standard of break building now