Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Support Charlton but not from London or Kent.

124»

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    se9addick said:
    Born in Lambeth and emigrated to Perth, WA, but will always follow the Addicks. COYR!
    So you’re from London then :smile:
    I started the thread and most of the comments are from ppl saying theyre from London lol
    Mate that's because if your not from the area wht the hell would you support this basket case ? Lol it is a curse we are stuck with for life and I moved away from SE London 50 years ago lol
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Living in Surrey and West Sussex all of my life, it was my Step Dad who took me to my first game at the Valley... It was so different to the non-league games I'd seen before then, there was a special feel. 

Even though my Step Dad and I grew apart after my Mum died, I was addickted to that feeling I got when I first climbed all the stairs to the Covered End J block. As I grew up I realised there were a lot of weirdos up there, racists, over reactors and miserable sods all mixed in with the vocal fans. I moved to the lower and it was far more a family feel and I have sat there or in the west by the dug outs since around 2007. Sat in the family quadrant a couple of times but only for the cheap tickets as atmosphere is woeful. 

Best thing about the half way line area is hearing the managers... proper insight into what both teams are doing/thinking etc. 

Fuckin’ cheek. I’m in j block  :D
    As was I for 6 of my 7 seasons as a ST holder.

You only need to be concerned if you were/are racist, miserable or an over reacting type from up there! 😉
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    grew up in shrewsbury,first match at the valley was when the shrews beat us 4-2....i was in with the town fans aswell.my older brother worked at the Q E military hospital and as shrews fans we went together to that match.this would've been 83 ish.from then on,whenever i stopped with him i would walk down to the valley to take a game in.totally and utterly got hooked with all things charlton.the nearest i've lived to london is heckington south lincs,where i am now. I go to most matches from llanfairfechan(north wales coast),got a season ticket when i moved back to shropshire,and go as much as work allows from Heckington......strange thing is my daughters got the bug aswell ........I even speak with a bit of south london accent not put on !!! I totally and utterly blame my big bruv for the crap life that has come upon me and my girl :)
    BLOODY HELL ! I'm in Ruthin and also travel to most games lol
    Football Friends 🤼‍♂️