Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rangers Finances Fragile

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

McCoist has left the club on gardening leave

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30571507

Paul Benson persuaded him then.
  • Options
    I think he is one of these managers that manage1 club and then never manage again
  • Options

Powell would have done well up there

What makes you say that?

• Options

If they are looking for a keeper, do you think they would be interested in Pope?

Lol...think a large number of their fans would implode if this ever happened!! :)

AGM today. Could be a tasty affair, unless they call it short like last year when the questions got difficult, saying it was due to "bad weather"!!
  • Options
    Reckon hibees have smashed the final nail into the automatic promotion bandwagon. Absolutely staggering that with the money spent on that squad that they are getting pumped by the likes of Hibs.
  • Options
    Hearts now 15 points clear and still undefeated in the league ☺

• Options
    Letting their football do the talking.
  • Options
    Probably not going to happen but in their current predicament, they might as well take administration and a points deduction, get rid of the high earners who clearly don't give a shit, and start next season with a bunch of young hungry players who want to play for the shirt. Hearts have embarrassed them this season. After 2 years in the lower leagues, Rangers should by now have a good young side with a core of players aged 20-25 with some decent teenagers pushing for a first team place. Instead they're paying mugs like Ian Black 7k a week and have old boys like Boyd and Miller clearly only there for a final pay day. It's a complete piss take.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hearts now 15 points clear and still undefeated in the league ☺

Must admit I'm surprised, thought they were ready to walk the league with Locke, but could only see a car crash under Latrine. Suspect the policy of using financial woes as a rationale to build your home grown capability has been proved by the jambs this year. If rangers had stuck to its youth system to negotiate the lower leagues they'd be in a stronger position in the table, financially and have better fan buy in.
  • Options

Smiling, more like laughing all the way to the bank.
  • Options
    After the Hibs game I wouldn't be surprised to see them get dropped out of 2nd. They looked appalling.
  • Options

And why shouldn't he? He was given that contract. Guinness- a good Prod family
  • Options
    WayneK said:

Please don't start the whole Protestant/Catholic thing just to get attention, you're embarrassing yourself.

Anyway, what is required at Rangers is a complete overhaul of the management team and coaching staff. McCoist/McDowell etc are far too friendly with the players and live in a Murray Park buble, in the second and third tier it didn't matter too much asc playing against part timers, those leagues were a doddle. Now it's a bit more difficult the wheels are starting to come off and someone who isn't overawed with the Rangers name or obsessed with pretending that it's still the mid 1990's needs to come in.
  • Options
    Well a reality check is certainly needed.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

WayneK said:

Please don't start the whole Protestant/Catholic thing just to get attention, you're embarrassing yourself.

Anyway, what is required at Rangers is a complete overhaul of the management team and coaching staff. McCoist/McDowell etc are far too friendly with the players and live in a Murray Park buble, in the second and third tier it didn't matter too much asc playing against part timers, those leagues were a doddle. Now it's a bit more difficult the wheels are starting to come off and someone who isn't overawed with the Rangers name or obsessed with pretending that it's still the mid 1990's needs to come in.
    Sorry to disappoint but I'm not embarrassed one little bit.

• Options
    Love a bit of Guinness, it isn't bitter like some..........
  • Options
    There's bitter and there's a sore loser.

Motherwell v Rangers: Police to investigate Fir Park brawl
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've put on a match-winning partnership with this guy from 14 for 7 in a club cricket game, small world
  • Options
    The Motherwell fella should never have pushed that Rangers fruit , doesn't mean it's ok for him to react like that but he was hardly gonna turn around and say "sorry old chap, after further thought and your push in the back I'm not gonna blank you can I shake your hand now"
  • Options
    After this weekend, and reading some of the comments on here, I thought I'd google them to see just what their current situation is and I found the article, below. It was written in January so it's not terribly up to date but I found it interesting.

Reading through the quotes from fans I couldn't help but feel a terrible sense of arrogance from them, talking about having to leave the ground half way through a game as they were being beaten by a 'minnow'.

They don't seem to see the irony that they were only able to win so many trophies for years because they were spending money they didn't have on players the other clubs couldn't afford - or wouldn't gamble their future on. However, for me, it was the way that they would, openly, explain that they wouldn't watch them struggle all the while claiming that they were the most loyal fans in the world.

It just goes to show that all fans have an element of 'Glory Boy' about them and they have very little respect for the clubs (and the fans of those clubs) that are below them in the hierarchy of football.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/18/how-the-mighty-glasgow-rangers-have-fallen
  • Options
    I'm so glad they didn't go up
  • Options

After this weekend, and reading some of the comments on here, I thought I'd google them to see just what their current situation is and I found the article, below. It was written in January so it's not terribly up to date but I found it interesting.

Reading through the quotes from fans I couldn't help but feel a terrible sense of arrogance from them, talking about having to leave the ground half way through a game as they were being beaten by a 'minnow'.

They don't seem to see the irony that they were only able to win so many trophies for years because they were spending money they didn't have on players the other clubs couldn't afford - or wouldn't gamble their future on. However, for me, it was the way that they would, openly, explain that they wouldn't watch them struggle all the while claiming that they were the most loyal fans in the world.

It just goes to show that all fans have an element of 'Glory Boy' about them and they have very little respect for the clubs (and the fans of those clubs) that are below them in the hierarchy of football.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/18/how-the-mighty-glasgow-rangers-have-fallen

Funny article. The old boy that reckons he's a diehard but won't sit through a game his team is losing. Didn't die that hard. To be fair old firm fans are famously weak willed. Celtic dropped to crowds less than half their natural level when they weren't playing too well and Rangers got under 10k when they slumped to 5th.
  • Options
    Always had a soft spot for Hibs going back to Aided Smith's book Heartfelt, so fingers crossed they can do the business and win the Scottish Championship next year.
  • Options

Always had a soft spot for Hibs going back to Aided Smith's book Heartfelt, so fingers crossed they can do the business and win the Scottish Championship next year.

as a Hearts fan I wanted Hibs up for the derbies.

the play offs in Scotland are absolute shite, I think it should be 2nd bottom V 4th and 2nd V 3rd over two legs with the winners playing a final.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

the play offs in Scotland are absolute shite, I think it should be 2nd bottom V 4th and 2nd V 3rd over two legs with the winners playing a final.
    I do like the fact that the finals are over two legs though. The Wembley showcase finals are very exciting, and a great day out (if only for the winning side) but it does seem a little fairer to give the teams 180 minutes to determine their entire season opposed to 90 minutes. It also reduces the effect of a one off event, like a penalty and a sending off, which has less effect if there is a second game with eleven vs eleven.

I also think it is better to have a massive game at home than at a neutral ground.
  • Options

I do like the fact that the finals are over two legs though. The Wembley showcase finals are very exciting, and a great day out (if only for the winning side) but it does seem a little fairer to give the teams 180 minutes to determine their entire season opposed to 90 minutes. It also reduces the effect of a one off event, like a penalty and a sending off, which has less effect if there is a second game with eleven vs eleven.

I also think it is better to have a massive game at home than at a neutral ground.
    Yeah Southend, Preston and Norwich would of much preferred winning over 2 legs then at Wembley....