Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Permutations

As things stand:

As long as we don't lose by more than 3 goals in total in the next two games, Millwall have to draw at least at home to Bournemouth in the final game of the season to finish above us. One draw for us from those two games will mean that Millwall have to beat Bournemouth - unless we lose the other game by a margin of 4 goals or more.

Birmingham have to get two draws or a win one from their last two games to go above us even if we lose both matches. If we draw one of them, then Birmingham will have to win one of their two outstanding games.

As long as we don't lose by more than 4 in total in the last two games, Donny will have to win at Leicester.

Or to make life simple - a win for us in either if the last two games and we are safe whatever.

Comments

• Sorry, i didnt get that.
  • edited April 2014
    If we get a draw at Watford then Millwall and Doncaster have to win their final match to put us down.
  • edited April 2014

As things stand:

As long as we don't lose by more than 3 goals in total in the next two games,

Thats a big IF, right there! On current form we'll probably ship 6!
  • Leicester will be gunning to get over 100 points in front of there crowd
  • edited April 2014
    If

Charlton beat Watford or Blackpool OR
    Birmingham pick up no more than one point from Wigan (H) and Bolton (A) OR
    Doncaster lose to Leicester (A) OR
    Millwall lose to Bournemouth (H) {realistically, unless we lose our two fixtures on a five goal aggregate, six if Millwall were to lose by two etc.}

then Charlton are safe.
    {...we would also be safe if Doncaster draw at Leicester and we lose our two fixtures on a maximum four goal aggregate}

The minimum points total is 48. One more point should theoretically see us safe. I think we're gonna stay up by the skin of our teeth and that win at Hillsbrough was huge /massive.

I make Donny the favourites to go down now.
  • Yeh - if we'd got even a draw there we'd be 3rd bottom now.
  • have to agree with callum other results will keep us up would rather be where we are then being Doncaster going to Leicester wanting to reach over 100 points
  • The situation will be a lot clearer after the two midweek games and the above can be simplified. Hopefully it won't be necessary as we'll win and we can all go up to Bloomfield Road wearing orange / Hamer beards.
  • It's in our hands

But I still think we will have to rely on other results to rescue this shambles of a season

Come on Leicester
  • edited April 2014

If we get a draw at Watford then Millwall and Doncaster have to win their final match to put us down.

Wait... If we draw at Watford, Millwall still can finish above us with one point from their last game, on the condition that we lose by five or more at Blackpool - highly unlikely to happen I know but just goes to show you that if we fail to get all three points against Watford, we'll go to Blackpool with immense pressure...
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't see us beating Watford as our home form is poor....so a tie and a nail biter at Blackpool. The Charlton way.
  • If

Charlton beat Watford or Blackpool OR
    Birmingham pick up no more than one point from Wigan (H) and Bolton (A) OR
    Doncaster lose to Leicester (A) OR
    Millwall lose to Bournemouth (H) {realistically, unless we lose our two fixtures on a five goal aggregate, six if Millwall were to lose by two etc.}

then Charlton are safe.
    {...we would also be safe if Doncaster draw at Leicester and we lose our two fixtures on a maximum four goal aggregate}

The minimum points total is 48. One more point should theoretically see us safe. I think we're gonna stay up by the skin of our teeth and that win at Hillsbrough was huge /massive.

I make Donny the favourites to go down now.

Only charlton could get relegated from a scenario list like that. Oh wait.......!
  • I hate to tempt fate but I can't see us getting relegated even if we lose our last two games.
    Are Donny going to win at Leicester ?
    Highly unlikely .
  • I hate to tempt fate but I can't see us getting relegated even if we lose our last two games.
    Highly unlikely .

See above:

As long as we don't lose by more than 4 in total in the last two games, Donny will have to win at Leicester.

You've nicely set it up for us to lose 2-0 and 3-0 and Donny to draw.
    Highly unlikely .

This is basically it. Play for draws in the last two games, save the goal difference and get this dreadful season over and done with.
  • There have been the most unlikely results for nearly everybody in the mix recently.

I wouldn't discount everybody else winning in the event that we don't !
  • Donny have to be the favourites to go with Leicester away to come for them. I have a feeling we will lose both of our remaining games. Decision time looming re a trip to Blackpool!
  • That's my point it's exactly that "certainty" that Donny won't get the result .........
  • If the team attack from a 4 2 4 against watford three points will mean safety.
    If Riga's sideways shit is played relegation at Blackpool as in 1972.
  • It is a well known fact that the more strikers you put on the pitch, the more likely you are to win the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just hope it won't be history repeating itself:

29th April 1972 - Blackpool 5 Charlton 0

And we only needed a draw that day to stay up. Cried my eyes out that day ;-(
  • Just hope it won't be history repeating itself:

29th April 1972 - Blackpool 5 Charlton 0

And we only needed a draw that day to stay up. Cried my eyes out that day ;-(

To be fair lose 5-0 and we deserved to go down....this team is Jekyll and Hyde so fully expect it to go down to last game....

• Can't see Birmingham picking up any more points this season either.
    Wigan at home and Bolton Away.
  • If the rained-off Donny game had gone to its conclusion, we would have 42 points and be in the relegation zone and Donny would have 47 and be leafing through the Cosmos catalogue. It seems such a shame that Donny could get relegated in such circumstances. If it came to a straight-forward decision, us or Donny for the drop, wouldn't it be a wonderful gesture for us to concede our Championship status in favour of Donny?

Nah!!!!!!!!!

• to me it all boils down to this - all we have to do is win at Blackpool & we are safe. No other ifs or buts needed.
  • edited April 2014
    There is only one goal that separates Doncaster from Millwall in terms of Goal Difference

(1) Doncaster could get a point against Leicester
    (2) Millwall could easily get thrashed the way Bournemouth are scoring at the moment

I reckon because of the games in hand its between those two... Birmingham should be safe as I cant see them beating Wigan, I can see them getting something from Bolton
  • We draw Tuesday night.
    Brum lose Tuesday night.

Charlton and Blackpool agree to draw next Saturday in order to guarantee both teams survival......sorted.
  • Charlton and Blackpool agree to draw next Saturday in order to guarantee both teams survival......sorted.

Like it but will Blackpool see us as a threat next season... I'd prefer to beat Blackpool and send them down if so
  • Can't see Birmingham picking up any more points this season either.
    Wigan at home and Bolton Away.

The more I think about it, the more I think that if it can't be Millwall (which is looking increasingly unlikely) I'd like it to be the Millwall of the Midlands to take the drop.
  • to me it all boils down to this - all we have to do is win at Blackpool & we are safe. No other ifs or buts needed.

Or Watford