Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Permutations

2»

Comments

• Options
    It should be either Birmingham or Doncaster. Would take a bit of a balls up for us to drop. We're not capable of that....
  • Options
    After Wigan have handed Millwall and Blackpool 3 points in recent weeks, surely they can't give Birmingham 3 points on Tuesday???
  • Options
    Just win baby
  • Options
    What is the decider if records are the same?

Unlikely I know but if we draw 3-3 with Watford then draw with Blackpool our records would be identical...
    Points, then Goal Difference, then Goals Scored.....what next?

Would it be head to head results?
  • Options

Unlikely I know but if we draw 3-3 with Watford then draw with Blackpool our records would be identical...

Alphabetical order surely.
  • Options
    Charlton 25-1 with William Hill to get relegated. If anyone feels it will happen these are great odds.
  • Options

Here you go:

9.2 If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored. If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs, then the Clubs concerned shall play off a deciding League Match or Matches under arrangements approved by the Board on a neutral ground. The net gate money after deducting the usual match expenses shall be equally divided between the two competing Clubs. Any Club staging such a play off match shall be entitled to charge as an expense against the receipts of the match 10% of the gross gate receipts after deduction of Value Added Tax. In the event of such a match being arranged by the Board to be played on the ground of a Club which is not a member of The League, then a similar charge as an expense against the receipts of the match shall be paid by The League who shall otherwise be responsible for the financial arrangements made with the Club staging the match. These provisions shall determine the ranking of Clubs in their respective Divisions.

• Options
    It would take a 3-3 draw v Watford, drawing with Blackpool AND Birmingham, Doncaster and Millwall all winning but those 5 results would put us in the bottom 3 with the same record as Blackpool.

I know during the season if records are the same they use alphabetical order but surely for the difference between relegation and survival there is a classification to split the two teams.

Maybe a play-off?
  • Options

Here you go:

9.2 If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored. If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs, then the Clubs concerned shall play off a deciding League Match or Matches under arrangements approved by the Board on a neutral ground. The net gate money after deducting the usual match expenses shall be equally divided between the two competing Clubs. Any Club staging such a play off match shall be entitled to charge as an expense against the receipts of the match 10% of the gross gate receipts after deduction of Value Added Tax. In the event of such a match being arranged by the Board to be played on the ground of a Club which is not a member of The League, then a similar charge as an expense against the receipts of the match shall be paid by The League who shall otherwise be responsible for the financial arrangements made with the Club staging the match. These provisions shall determine the ranking of Clubs in their respective Divisions.

So it would be a play-off at the neutral ground.

Imagine the number of heart attacks that would cause
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    masicat said:

Charlton 25-1 with William Hill to get relegated. If anyone feels it will happen these are great odds.

Might put a tenner on that to ease the pain slightly if it happened

....Just done it, more than happy to lose 10 quid and hope I do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2014

I hate to tempt fate but I can't see us getting relegated even if we lose our last two games.
    Are Donny going to win at Leicester ?
    Highly unlikely .

And Chelsea to lose against Sunderland, the bottom club, highly unlikely... ?! ;-)
  • Options
    The most likely outcome to the season is that someone is going down on 45 points. We have the best goal difference but could lose both and one of these heavily so we need another point ASAP.
    The reason I was ok watching our second half was because one by one the other games went in our favour meaning that my prediction/hope of salvation on Tuesday has every chance of coming through.
    Compared to the last two seasons this one has been shocking but no time for regrets now...just cheer the lads on vs Watford who had someone sent off today.
    The time for action for the club is over the summer.
  • Options
    Talal said:

It should be either Birmingham or Doncaster. Would take a bit of a balls up for us to drop. We're not capable of that....

Oh joy, famous last words there...
  • Options
    I just want to win on Tuesday night and then we can forget all these permutations. Agree that Donny are now favourites for the drop, Leicester don't seem to be easing up and will want to finish at home with a win. If they do we will be safe and Birmingham will only need a point to survive on goal difference. Wigan are having a real wobble and I can see a draw midweek.
  • Options
    What a drama filled next weekend it will be!!!
  • Options
    The spanner's late goal yesterday may have saved them. Had they lost, they would have been on the same points as Donny. It now requires Donny to get something from they last game. Should B'ham win on Tuesday.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

I just want to win on Tuesday night and then we can forget all these permutations. Agree that Donny are now favourites for the drop, Leicester don't seem to be easing up and will want to finish at home with a win. If they do we will be safe and Birmingham will only need a point to survive on goal difference. Wigan are having a real wobble and I can see a draw midweek.

I think Wigan will screw up again mid week, but Leicester will save us anyway. They had their promotion celebration blip against Brighton, but are now back on track.
  • Options
    Can't see us getting anymore points this season so really relying on Leicester to beat Doncaster to save our season.
  • Options

We draw Tuesday night.
    Brum lose Tuesday night.

Charlton and Blackpool agree to draw next Saturday in order to guarantee both teams survival......sorted.

Funnily enough, my initial reaction to Blackpool's win at Wigan was disappointment, but I've now changed my mind. I think it was a good result for us.

Anything can happen in a one-off game, but even if Doncaster pull off a major shock and win at Leicester it's not going to be by five clear goals. A draw for Blackpool next Saturday will, therefore, ensure their survival. I think that's better than them being desperate for a win, especially late on in the game.

A point against Watford and we're in exactly the same position. Also, if we manage our goal difference well from here (i.e. ensure it doesn't deteriorate by more than 4) then even a draw for Doncaster will send them down. Let's hope Leicester turn up because they may well be our best chance of survival!!
  • Options
    If Donny do go down, as another posted has already stated, we have to say a huge thanks to the big man above for the weather he gave us at The Valley that Saturday earlier in the season which caused us to retrieve the game v Donny on another day - if ever there was a 'six-pointer' that was the one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Wycombe beat Forest Green

AND

MK Dons win or draw with Derby County

AND 

Oxford beat Port Vale

Forest Green go down

Are there any other L1 permutations today?