Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Should Cousins be playing !!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Huskaris said:

Wilson should be playing right mid ahead of him unquestionably. I would then push Jackson out left and have ajdarevic and cousins in the middle with Poyet DM

You should be our manager mate, you know more about player positions than Riga
  • Options

Why when he's on the wing can't he trap a bag of cement , his touch goes to pot

The same reason mate why Moro can't pas a ball to a team mate when around the opposition penalty area, fish out of water syndrome :-(
  • Options
    Glad we all agree Wilson on the right. When Poyet leaves Cousins can go back to his right position.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

Wilson should be playing right mid ahead of him unquestionably. I would then push Jackson out left and have ajdarevic and cousins in the middle with Poyet DM

Can't tell if you are taking the piss, so I will simply say "thank you" haha.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

No, I was definitely not doing that, have no need to. So can I have another thank you?!
  • Options

Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

No, I was definitely not doing that, have no need to. So can I have another thank you?!
    Thank you!

Sorry, I just thought people might think I'm an over opinionated tw*t, they certainly do in pretty much every other area of my life... Maybe Charlton is my forte, at least I've finally found one ;) haha!
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

Thank you!

Sorry, I just thought people might think I'm an over opinionated tw*t, they certainly do in pretty much every other area of my life... Maybe Charlton is my forte, at least I've finally found one ;) haha!
    Huskaris, you are very funny, you have a new friend!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I would agree that the 3-5-2 is option next season. That is with Wiggins in the team.That would mean playing one of Solly or Wilson - with the burst of pace he has, I could see Solly developing into a very good wing-back - and Wilson's best position is probably wing-back.

Another thing I like about this is it gives you three extra big men for set pieces. Cousins and Poyet need to play in the middle and this should afford you a creator to join them. A fit lean AA might be that player, but I think it is a position we don't have a player for at the moment.

Then a pacy striker who is decent in the air (like that will be easy to find? and Sordell, and I think you have a very good eleven. Top Championship eleven. But, and this a big but, the two players you need to elevate us will cost - and you need the right back ups too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cousins has been one of the only bright spots in a dire season. I dread to think where we'd be without the emergence of him and Poyet. Seems too obvious to even bother saying, but he needs to play in his best position, not stuck out wide.

Wholeheartedly agree!

• Options

Cousin is a good player and playing him on the right is a waste of time as he is not a winger. Drop Jackson and play cousins in the middle where he has played his best football. Also he got my vote today for player of the season as well.

I was just going to say that :-)
  • Options
    I think Riga is keeping Wilson out of the side to enable us to rotate while we are playing more games than the rest. I expect to see him at RB on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Ajderovic was great at left mid versus Birmingham.

AA,
    Jacko
    Poyet
    Cousins
    Wilson
  • Options
    For me as I've said in another thread it's less about square pegs in round holes and more about the best we have there! With Solly's fitness a doubt and Wilson probably needed a rest riga had to consider him solely as a rb! Which leaves the right midfield options of Green or Pritchard! And Harriott which didn't work! Suddenly cousins out there whilst not his best position seems the best option we have!
  • Options
    In the centre of midfield Cousins made a great start to his first team career. Playing wide on the right he is...well to say he is mediocre is generous and when losing the ball he doesn't have the same drive to tackle back that he did when in the middle. Harsh as it may seem, if Riga cannot find a place for him in the centre then he shouldn't start. It isn't doing him or the team any favours.
  • Options

In the centre of midfield Cousins made a great start to his first team career. Playing wide on the right he is...well to say he is mediocre is generous and when losing the ball he doesn't have the same drive to tackle back that he did when in the middle. Harsh as it may seem, if Riga cannot find a place for him in the centre then he shouldn't start. It isn't doing him or the team any favours.

The problem with this is riga seems to think of Wilson as a rb only or honk he is needed there with Solly's fitness a doubt! So who would you rather play there?? Green Pritchard and Harriott have all had a go! Who else?? Simon church??
  • Options
    I agree that wide right is a problem for Riga. The general consensus on here is that the combination of Solly/Wilson is the best but Riga doesn't fancy it. Wilson was on the bench but not brought on to shore up that side and provide some attacking impetus. My concern on this thread is for Cousins and his longer term future. He seems at a loss when out wide and his head drops when he gets caught out. His poor pass which led to their third goal was an example of his weakness in that position.
  • Options
    I think Wilson needed a rest and Solly coming back has allowed that to happen. We might see them both playing on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Can't see Solly making it on Tues. By most accounts he was not even his usual self on Saturday. Wilson to return after a nice rest. Right midfield? I think effort, desire and fitness is going to play a big part against a Watford side that have nothing to play for. Pritchard ticks all those boxes for me. Watford may be at 85% but we need to give 110%. That could make a big difference to the outcome.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ultimately, yes, but not RM.

Having said that, the last couple of games he hasn't been at his best. But he is still a kid and has played a large amount if games, and at a consistent level for the majority.

Hamer

Solly DD Morro Fox

Wilson Poyet Cousins Harriott

JJ
    Sordell

I like AA, but seems to be fudged after 20 mins
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Ajderovic was great at left mid versus Birmingham.

AA,
    Jacko
    Poyet
    Cousins
    Wilson

Was he?
  • Options
    Adjarevic did a pretty decent job at RM v Yeovil. He cuts in and allows the RB space to give an option on the outside. At Sheff Wed he looked quite threatening when he was picking the ball up in the inside right area but he did have Wilson and Solly behind him by the end of the game.

Sadly though in these home games, it may well be Wiggins' absence that makes the biggest difference to our attacking threat.
  • Options
    Wilson right, Harriot left. If playing 451 Jackson and Cousins with Poyet holding, if playing 442 then 2 from 3
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I love it when we pretend that we have a big enough pool of competent squad players to have the luxury of being able to pick and choose.

But I hope to see this formation on Tuesday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzI3BigK5AE
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    What about a return of 3-5-2 for the remaining games then? That way Wilson is essentially both RB and RM, and Cousins can go in the center when needed?
    ----- Morrison - Wood - Dervite -----
    - Wilson ------------------- Wiggins -
    ---- Cousins - Poyet - Jackson/Adj ---
    ------- Sordell - Reza/ Obika --------
    You could even go 3-5-1-1 and put Astrit in just behind Sordell, then around 60 minutes or so replace him with another striker and switch to the above 3-5-2.
    ----- Morrison - Wood - Dervite -----
    - Wilson ------------------- Wiggins -
    ----- Cousins - Poyet - Jackson ------
    --------------- Astrit ---------------
    ------------ Sordell -----------------
    If it doesn't work then just pull out a CB (Wood?)and revert to the same old 4-4-2:
    - Wilson - Morrison - Dervite - Wiggins -
    --- Cousins - Poyet - Jackson - Astrit --
    ----------- Sordell - Reza/Obika --------
    At the end of the day, I'm far from a tactical genius and I trust Riga knows what he's doing - but what's wrong with doing the above, playing to everyone's strengths in the team and saving Cousins a little bit of confidence at a crucial time? We had some pretty decent 3-5-2 performances earlier in the year, and Wilson and Wiggins were very good in those roles.

I realise I've put Wiggins in the above formations and that he's out at the moment (Doh, didn't think properly) - I guess Fox would need a little more confidence before playing as a wingback? Although, if we're starting to ship goals at the moment (and we are.) then having 5 defenders to call upon, as well as essentially 5 midfielders isn't such a bad position to be in.

Personally, I think the confidence boost for Cousins if we can get him back in the center will be like having the old Cousins back - and it's also going to minimise any mistakes he makes.
  • Options
    The best tactic is to get the ball then encircle it and move to the goal and then keep all players on the line