Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Differing perceptions from Lifers

I know this game is all about opinions but some of the comments on the player marks thread beggars belief IMO. Do these people even understand football?

MORRISON:-Some joker referred to him as "a poor defender". REALLY?? He is so often the last line of defence, wins most challenges but every defender (and we are talking about a championship standard player here) will get beaten occasionally.

REZA:- Gets so much flack for being lightweight and some call him hopeless. Can they not see he is one of few forward players we have who can beat a player, can shoot and has an eye for a killer pass. He looks to make things happen. E.G. Today he played a killer pass into someone (cant remember who??) who f*cked it up and put in a cross shot that Church just needed to get a touch on........ And he only came on as a2nd half sub!!!

SORDELL:- being docked points for missed pen?? He opted for power, keeper (a renowned pen stopper) guessed right! I was glad last week has given him the confidence to want it and thought he showed the desire to make amends instead of going into his shell

Just a few examples and opinions are just that but it does my head in all the same!

Comments

• Options
    well, you need to understand that most football fans are morons. There is a bloke who sits behind me who absolutely hates Wilson. He can't do anything right, even if he is the best player on the pitch.

As for your post, any negative comments surrounding Morrison I agree are ridiculous. He's my POTY. Sordell had a good game today and single handedly won the penalty.

Reza though...I don't think i've ever seen him have a good game, and I was at Elland Road
  • Options
    I don't think Reza had a good game but I don't think he's a bad as most make out.
  • Options

well, you need to understand that most football fans are morons. There is a bloke who sits behind me who absolutely hates Wilson. He can't do anything right, even if he is the best player on the pitch.

As for your post, any negative comments surrounding Morrison I agree are ridiculous. He's my POTY. Sordell had a good game today and single handedly won the penalty.

Reza though...I don't think i've ever seen him have a good game, and I was at Elland Road

Are you talking about the bloke who sits in the NWQ who screams abuse at the players every match he's at?
  • Options
    If everyone had the same opinions can you imagine how boring the game would be.
    Having a differing point of view about football does Not Make someone a moron.
  • Options
    If everyone had the same opinion then football forums wouldn't exist!
  • Options
    Reza and Harriott are the same player. one or two trick players (granted Harriott is better on this front) but both would rather cut their own face off with a rusty spoon than pass a bloody ball.

Fanny Green has the same issue with greed but none of the ability.
  • Options
    reza deserves a 1/10 purely for that pathetic time he fell over when he lost the ball
  • Options
    If you want evidence that we all see things differently, then collecting the votes for POTY is an education. There were 20 names on the ballot (everyone who has played a minimum of 10 games ) and every single person got at least one vote. In other words every one of our players was considered the best by someone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    maybe we could focus on the positives rather than revel in the negatives! Just a thought
  • Options
    I take it reza came on and played out of position again?
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I'm no sure what he's proper position is? He just isn't strong enough to be a striker in this league.
    He's no winger and i wouldn't play him in the middle either.

There is no doubting he has a good touch but for me he is a luxury player that we have never really found a place for.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I'm no sure what he's proper position is? He just isn't strong enough to be a striker in this league.

There is no doubting he has a good touch but for me he is a luxury player that we have never really found a place for.
    From what I've seen of him I think he would be decent on the last defenders shoulder.

I always come back to it but he has found a position for Iran , so I don't see why that form shouldn't transfer to here or at least make him look half decent. The international game is more technical and less physical but playing him in a position where he has proven he is useful would be a start.

I'm with Large, I don't think he is half as bad as people make out. He might be selfish but that screams out to me that he wants to score goals. So we finally get a player that wants to stick the ball in the net and play him outwide!!
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

I know this game is all about opinions but some of the comments on the player marks thread beggars belief IMO. Do these people even understand football?

MORRISON:-Some joker referred to him as "a poor defender". REALLY?? He is so often the last line of defence, wins most challenges but every defender (and we are talking about a championship standard player here) will get beaten occasionally.

REZA:- Gets so much flack for being lightweight and some call him hopeless. Can they not see he is one of few forward players we have who can beat a player, can shoot and has an eye for a killer pass. He looks to make things happen. E.G. Today he played a killer pass into someone (cant remember who??) who f*cked it up and put in a cross shot that Church just needed to get a touch on........ And he only came on as a2nd half sub!!!

SORDELL:- being docked points for missed pen?? He opted for power, keeper (a renowned pen stopper) guessed right! I was glad last week has given him the confidence to want it and thought he showed the desire to make amends instead of going into his shell

Just a few examples and opinions are just that but it does my head in all the same!

Reza could start by learning to trap a ball instead of it bouncing off his shin every time. You rate him but not Cousins. Stopped reading after that.
  • Options
    where did I mention cousins? Incidentally I do rate him but as a CM not out wide
    Were you at the game today? Reza trapped the ball every single time to my recollection but hey.....some people get it in their head and there's no changing it. Now that is moronic
  • Options

If you want evidence that we all see things differently, then collecting the votes for POTY is an education. There were 20 names on the ballot (everyone who has played a minimum of 10 games ) and every single person got at least one vote. In other words every one of our players was considered the best by someone.

Not on mine. No votes for five players on my list.

• Options
    I wasn't sure whether Reza had tripped over his own feet or a puff of wind had blown him over?

I'm not sure you could even call it a dive but it was shameful!
  • Options

Not on mine. No votes for five players on my list.

BTW ...LARGE thanks for helping out today, err, Large !

• Options
    I really hate the abuse you can hear from some fans during matches but Football at the end of the day is all about opinions and at the moment we all need remember one thing.

... Its only Jose Riga's opinion that matters
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reza is a chicken who attempts a lot of flicks that impress the impressionable. The spinning bow tie was invent eyed to distract people while their pockets were being picked
  • Options
    Sordell's penalty was pony mate
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Are you talking about the bloke who sits in the NWQ who screams abuse at the players every match he's at?
    What, the bloke who today called Morro 'just another f*****g Rio Ferdinand'?

Is that even a bad thing in football terms?'
  • Options
    Well of course people have different perceptions - your physical view of an incident from the back of the Covered End is going to be different to someone sat in block A of the East Stand. Some people tend to dwell on a single mistake and think that outweighs all the good stuff a player did, and others will forget that another player was generally anonymous because the one good thing they did sticks in the mind. If we all saw things the same way, this place would be much much quieter.
  • Options
    Sordell has been a lot a better but lets face it if we give him a two year contract he would be back to doing f-all again in August.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Agree. Though look at Rhodes yesterday. The ultimate luxury player I don't actually remember him touching the ball yesterday other than when Hamer flattened him but I'd have him in my team because he is lethal. Blackburn have a system to accommodate him with Gestede doing all his work for him. Reza could have played with Yann. Oh wait.....

• Options
    Sordell was outstanding yesterday. If our other strikers had performed half as well as him all season then we wouldn't be in this mess.

He has improved markedly since Jose took over. Make of that what you will.
  • Options

Sordell was outstanding yesterday. If our other strikers had performed half as well as him all season then we wouldn't be in this mess.

Not many on here would have picked him until the last couple of games. He clearly has the ability but maybe too soon to say he has turned the corner.
  • Options

Sordell was outstanding yesterday. If he'd have performed half as well all season then we wouldn't be in this mess.

Fixed it for you.