Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Differing perceptions from Lifers

2»

Comments

• Options
    rikofold said:

Sordell was outstanding yesterday. If he'd have performed half as well all season then we wouldn't be in this mess.

He has improved markedly since Jose took over. Make of that what you will.

Fixed it for you.
    Fair point. Still think that hoofing long balls up to him as we were doing pre Jose was never going to work.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    a quote from wikipedia:
    Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is the tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. People also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).

This may explain why numpties stick to their views even though they are obviously completely wrong to disagree with me (except when I am wrong, of course).
  • Options
    Watching yesterday I thought Reza's second touch was a tackle, which he couldn't be bothered to do. he got the ball in the inside right position sometimes, and constantly looked to repeat his Leeds goal, which failed every time, failing that he knocked it shortish and inappropriately to a team mate who was straight away under pressure, or he simply lost the ball.
    People say Reza will 'come good', well he's taking long enough about it, my secret hope is that he is holding back because of the world cup, and when he returns he will be as competitive as Mark Kinsella, or even John Robinson, and care like Stevie Brown, or even Kish.
    Yesterday Astrit held the ball long enough for Blackburn to regroup, and then he produced a meh pass so that didn't work. On yesterdays showing I would play Harriott before either of those two, and no, it isn't an anti RD thing, simply what I believe I am seeing.
  • Options
    Some people look for the worst, some people look for the best and some people do the most with what they have
  • Options
    Taxi_lad...who was in the back of your cab while you were regaling them with this opinion?? ;-)

The whole point of the player marks is to see just what many different people think of the players in any given game.

Reza has shown he has quality, but he's also shown he's a luxury player and we aren't in a position to carry one of those, let alone 2/3 if you include Astrit and Callum. Both those have qualities as well, but when it doesn't work they leave you vulnerable. Astrit yesterday was awful. Every ball had to be some fancy flick and they just didn't come off. Add to that that this guy just can't get fit enough to play 90 minutes. Something is wrong there.

Sordell - as I said in my own marks...awful pen, brilliant goal. As many have said, and most people around me yesterday didn't understand why he had the ball for the pen, but I won't slate him (or dock marks) for having the balls for taking it.

My own personal bug-bear at the moment is with Hamer. I think he's one of the best keepers I have seen for distribution, but his resolute sticking to his goal-line when balls are flying into his 6 yard box is really hacking me off. That should be his area to claim all day long and any club watching us will have worked that out.

Anyway...opinion is just that....mine, yours, everyone else's...I like reading them.

Well, most of them!! ;-)
  • Options

Sordell was outstanding yesterday. If our other strikers had performed half as well as him all season then we wouldn't be in this mess.

He has improved markedly since Jose took over. Make of that what you will.

I thought he was a lot better after the penalty. It looked like he was determined to prove something after that.