Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre-season in Belgium

Just made a statement 5 July and 6 July Charlton play round robin in Belgium with other teams from RD block.more info to follow

Comments

• Statement on where??
  • edited April 2014
    Where is the statement? Can't see it on twitter.

5/6 July seems very early to be playing serious opposition. We played Welling on 6th July last summer.

Still, should be a good weekend in Liege. Maybe we can convince SG3 to combine it with some WW1 tourism.
  • Saturday 5 July Charlton play in round robin with Standard,Ujpest,Aklcorcon.and Carl Zeiss games of 45mins,winner takes on Sint Truiden at Stayen think that is the ground of Sint Truiden.
  • Find it on Belgium ceefax page.The final is on sunday 6th july.
  • potential for a great bit of rl social networking with fans of other rd network clubs

Cheers
  • will definitely go over to this

And on a CL thread as of yesterday !

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/61367/monitoring-the-rd-network#latest
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:
    Google translation- The bolded bit would explain why our imports have been so bad!

Owns six professional clubs has its benefits. Roland Duchâtelet organizes his teams actually own tournament. On 5 and 6 July he collects Standard, STVV, Ujpest, Charlton, Carl Zeiss Jena and Alcorcon Sint-Truiden, stadium STVV.
    To take the new stand Sint-Truiden in use Duchâtelet wants 5 and 6 July boast with a unique project. Therefore, he gathered all the clubs he has lumps in the porridge what to play. Tournament
    "This is a great initiative," said Peter Onkelinx, who organizes the tournament along in the Newspaper. "On Saturday will, all teams play matches of 45 minutes except Sint-Truiden, against each other. The winner plays on Sunday a gala match against STVV. "
    "For the network teams of Mr. Duchâtelet is the opportunity to get to know each other better. It is also ideal to give them some. "Supporters together
  • World Cup will still have aweek to run and players that played will still be on holiday,given that Standard lost today and are now 2 points behind leaders. RD given Sint Truiden hosts games with new stand in place.
    See you all in Belgium in July.Could well be some fun and games.
  • Is this to see what ranking in the hierarchy all his teams have in the 2014/15 season?
  • Be interesting if we beat Liege to get to the final v ST.
  • One of my sons was born in Belgium, Leuven, we'll be over
  • edited April 2014
    Can currently get Euro Star return tickets for £120.00. Out 9am Friday 4th and home late Sunday 6th. Or Easy Jet flights to Brusels for £65.00.
  • Be interesting if we beat Liege to get to the final v ST.

Be more interesting to see what team we put out!
  • Trip to Belgium for this tourny then down to France for a few days of Le Tour sounds like a plan to me.
  • Hope we don't come back with a carriage full of more Roly rejects in time to send us all into clinical depression at Park View Road.
  • But we hate the network and everything to do with our owners. Confused now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sure I've seen a tournament like this before....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iKmk5LATCs
  • It all sounds as though it will make for a good quiz question in 50 years' time.

Name the last three teams that Peninsula Tigers (formerly known as Charlton Athletic) played in 45 minutes games.
  • It all sounds as though it will make for a good quiz question in 50 years' time.

Name the last three teams that Peninsula Tigers (formerly known as Charlton Athletic) played in 45 minutes games.

Never going to happen.....surely Hull Tigers will sue.
  • If true I hope they get on and confirm it.
  • Can currently get Euro Star return tickets for £120.00. Out 9am Friday 4th and home late Sunday 6th. Or Easy Jet flights to Brusels for £65.00.

Or London-Brussels return for £36 on Megabus.
  • Bugger... I come back from Switzerland late the night before so cant really afford it
  • Looking forward to it, i joked on the way from the Sheffield United game, as i tried to find something to be positive about, that we may be getting relegated and out of the cup but we can look forward to a weekend in Belgium watching Charlton compete in some sort of pre-season Duchalet network tournament.

So i will be going if possible with other commitments.
  • Would this be in liege? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that like 100km from Brussels?

Any ideas on how to get there specifically?

Would consider this if it was a) cheap and b) not too much of a hassle.
  • Damn,I'm at Sonisphere :(
  • http://www.aubergedelaferme.com/auberge_en

Discovered this place in the Ardennes in the late 90's and have been back several times- three / four hours from Calais. Fantastic food, fantastic accommodation and some serious walking. Not much to do but walk eat and drink, but what a place to walk eat and drink!

Not sure how far it is from Liege however.

Just reading a couple of books on WW1 and did not realise the the German assault on the Forts around Liege was the earliest battle on the western front - just a couple of days after the outbreak. Savage by all accounts.