Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tuesday night season farewell

Are we assuming the players won't bother with the walk round after the game?

Seen as it's a Tuesday night, and knowing Charlton, we won't have secured our championship status by 9.50 anyway.

Well, that's the motive. If we grab all 3 points against Watford we can do whatever the f**k we like, enjoy the Blackpool away day and just get pissed. Fancy dress n that.

Comments

• Options
    Who's assuming what?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yes, It is a bit late - my son will need to go to school in the morning. I would expect quite a few won't be able to hang about. Having said that - if we win - they will surely have some form of celebration as we will be mathematically safe.

Does anybody know if it is a gold game btw?
  • Options
    I would hope that the club and/or the players would take a view that the smart thing to do is to ask us to stay behind so they can thank us for watching some of the rubbish that has been put in front of us. Agree that Tues night games in term time make this harder (and some will have a tube strike to deal with too of course).
  • Options

Yes, It is a bit late - my son will need to go to school in the morning. I would expect quite a few won't be able to hang about. Having said that - if we win - they will surely have some form of celebration as we will be mathematically safe.

Does anybody know if it is a gold game btw?

silver game deffo

• Options
    thanks
  • Options
    Whatever happens there will be announcement saying not to go on the pitch, the players will do a lap of honour after the game.
  • Options
    Lap of honour. That's the one.

• Options
    There's no honour without a pitch invasion.
  • Options
    There's no honour if we get spanked. Lap of embarassment while those stick around to boo them if anything! Let' hope for a win and all is gravy
  • Options
    I can't see anything happening after the game unless we win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2014
    With the tube strike, London bound spectators who need to use the tube will want to hurry hone afterwards - even those lines that are partially running will finish early.
  • Options
    Train at 21:50. I'm on me dancers sharpish.
  • Options
    Lap of honour ??? ye gods.......they should be going round after the game handing our season ticket money back !!
  • Options
    Unless we win I really don't think they'll do it
  • Options
    I'm expecting the match ball to be parachuted in. Anything less than that and I'm not coming back!

Seriously, win lose or draw the players should acknowledge the fans on Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Difficult to predict these things...when we beat Derby 3-0 in 1988-9 and stayed up as a result, the crowd were booing them in the second half for playing keepball! We'll probably be 4-0 up at half time and throwing seats on the pitch after an hour when JR brings Hughesy on to shore it up.
  • Options
    Boo the players and applaud the ball boys for the entertainment they've given this season.
  • Options
    They walked round the pitch on the Tuesday night we were relegated against Tottenham so Id be very surprised if they didnt tomorrow
  • Options
    Yes, if they go off the pitch first before re-emerging 10 minutes later, I certainly will be off! I assume their young children won't be out walking around the pitch at 10pm, which lets face it is past the bedtime for half the west stand!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2014

Will Riga make an emotion-filled speech at the end of the game in front of the Covered End?

Hope not that really would be painful!
  • Options

Have grown to hate this palava.

Players disappear for 3 hours down the tunnel, waiting for WAG to apply her make up and the players kids, nephews, nieces, next door neighbours kids etc to finally appear to a now sparsely populated crowd.

Final whistle blows. Shake the refs and oppo's hand, Jacko gets them into a huddle, tells them its been a difficult season for the fans so lets take a walk around and give them a good clap. Start from the halfway line on the West Side, walk to the end, across to the East, past the Covered End then back down the tunnel.

If we won, do it quickly, if we lost, do it bloody quickly.

I'm with this
  • Options

Will Riga make an emotion-filled speech at the end of the game in front of the Covered End?

Hope not. The guy says the word "efficient" in more or less every sentence.
  • Options

Actually wouldnt put it past him.

Hes an alrite bloke and if he keeps us up hes done a good job, but put the mic down Riga, I dont wana be cringed to death, cheers mate.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Hes an alrite bloke and if he keeps us up hes done a good job, but put the mic down Riga, I dont wana be cringed to death, cheers mate.
    Wouldn't put it past him?…where have you got that from??
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Wouldn't put it past him?…where have you got that from??
    From the fact that he will most likely not be managing the club next season. He might be the kinda bloke that wants to say bye to the fans that welcomed him even though he actually replaced Mr Charlton himself.

Its doubtful I guess but we are used to end of season manager round ups.
  • Options
    Good point re Holland's Phil proper pro.
  • Options
    It's a strange one. If this team survives the drop they have done better than many previous teams with more ability. I take AFKA's point though, it doesn't need too much pratting about. Celebrations are for celebrating success not survival.