Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tuesday night season farewell

2»

Comments

• Options

Have grown to hate this palava.

Players disappear for 3 hours down the tunnel, waiting for WAG to apply her make up and the players kids, nephews, nieces, next door neighbours kids etc to finally appear to a now sparsely populated crowd.

Final whistle blows. Shake the refs and oppo's hand, Jacko gets them into a huddle, tells them its been a difficult season for the fans so lets take a walk around and give them a good clap. Start from the halfway line on the West Side, walk to the end, across to the East, past the Covered End then back down the tunnel.

If we won, do it quickly, if we lost, do it bloody quickly.

I tend to agree with this. Trouble is though if they didn't do it, everyone would be moaning about how they didn't appreciate the fans, how they've got no class, etc. etc. etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hopefully we'll be 2-0 up when the 4th official announces 2 mins of stoppage time and then myself and Banstead Jr are off to beat the traffic. (Missing a pile driver 3rd goal from Churchie). Seriously I have rarely enjoyed the end of season parade apart from when we won the League 1 title. The Championship title ended with a real worrying whimper and I really hope Leicester do better v Doncaster than we did at WBA that season. Just win the match Charlton and let me have a good nights sleep for once with no more worrying over League tables, firm, fixtures and goal difference.
  • Options

It's a strange one. If this team survives the drop they have done better than many previous teams with more ability. I take AFKA's point though, it doesn't need too much pratting about. Celebrations are for celebrating success not survival.

Although I agree with your point, considering the squad we've had all season (and being weakened in Jan) survival would be considered as success in my book............
  • Options
    Let's just make sure we get the result first, eh? Make it spontaneous if so...
  • Options
    Let's just make sure we get the result first, eh? Make it spontaneous if so...
  • Options
    I thought it was just a big standard thank you and goodbye at the end of the season
    Don't mind it , there is always the option of going home if you're not keen on it
  • Options
    I'd be more interested this season in Powell repeating his emotional individual post-Coventry farewell lap of honour. Never got to say goodbye!
  • Options

Players disappear for 3 hours down the tunnel, waiting for WAG to apply her make up and the players kids, nephews, nieces, next door neighbours kids etc to finally appear to a now sparsely populated crowd.

Final whistle blows. Shake the refs and oppo's hand, Jacko gets them into a huddle, tells them its been a difficult season for the fans so lets take a walk around and give them a good clap. Start from the halfway line on the West Side, walk to the end, across to the East, past the Covered End then back down the tunnel.

If we won, do it quickly, if we lost, do it bloody quickly.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options

Whatever happens there will be announcement saying not to go on the pitch, the players will do a lap of honour after the game.

Yeah, cos we wouldn't want the playing surface ruined just before it gets ripped up anyway!
  • Options
    Sadly, tonight is likely to be the last home game for a number of our players. Even though we might not know it until later in the summer, it might be nice to give them a 'thank you' for all their efforts and a chance for them to show their appreciation for our support.

I agree it needs to happen quickly though - especially if we don't win!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might as well stay in the ground either way as the A2 will have 2 lanes closed and traffic back to Blackwall Tunnel like normal
  • Options
    If we win tonight, then they should definitely do a walk around the pitch - I would count staying up as a success for this season (although I would have higher ambitions next year) so I would say that it would be well worth revealing in it.
  • Options

At least that will give me the chance to make sure my hair looks nice (couldn't resist).
  • Options
    Are we taking our seats early tonight to watch the Opera singer and the Sky divers??
  • Options

Are we taking our seats early tonight to watch the Opera singer and the Sky divers??

I'm still waiting for us to get 'The Real Thing' back to sing 'You To Me Are Everything'. That was the most bizarre pre-match entertainment I've ever seen at The Valley.
  • Options
    Will stay as want to say goodbye to Hamer, Morrison, Dervite and Poyet - all I fear never to be seen again at the Valley in a red (or Hamer's case, yellow) shirt.

• Options
    End of an era, would like to say goodbye to the remains of the team who won the League One title, and could have pushed onto greater things if only we were backed with 2 or 3 new decent players.

Charlton Athletic: 'What might have been'
  • Options

Will Riga make an emotion-filled speech at the end of the game in front of the Covered End?

Oh no he di-ent.

Nice one Jose thanks for keeping us up.
  • Options

Will stay as want to say goodbye to Hamer, Morrison, Dervite and Poyet - all I fear never to be seen again at the Valley in a red (or Hamer's case, yellow) shirt.

Or green;
    or purple;
    or white/grey;
    or pink!