Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Defender aware of interest from rival clubs

Comments

• Options
    I heard yesterday he wants a 4 year deal, also heard that we're not offering Wood a new deal at the end of the season
  • Options
    Sign him and Morro up asap
  • Options
    Sign him. Best player at club. Apart from DP
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Sign him. Best player at club. Apart from DP

Agree...but Dervite will probably want to wait until he knows what division we are in and then what plans there are for next season. Could see him playing for any of the Championship clubs outside the top six but wouldn't be surprised if he moved abroad.

• Options
    Would definitely keep him on a long term deal, as well as Morrison. Physically very good and a decent footballer too.

Having said that, I'd also like us to give Richard Wood another year. Our defense has been decent on the whole and we should be looking to keep it intact for next year.
  • Options
    Sign Morro, Dervite and Wood. Release Cort.
  • Options
    Only keep wood if the don't think Lennon or feely or whatever other youngsters we have aren't up to being third choice just yet..
  • Options
    We have to keep him and Morro. I'd like Hamer to stay too but think he'll be off.
  • Options
    Morro, Dervite yes please. Wood has been OK, but i think we can and should aim for someone a little better. Then Lennon/Gomez as back-up.

I'd want Hamer, too. But if we had to start the season with Pope plus an Alnwick-type back-up it would be OK. Pope has now got 15 clean sheets in 21 games for York...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Morro, Dervite yes please. Wood has been OK, but i think we can and should aim for someone a little better. Then Lennon/Gomez as back-up.

I'd want Hamer, too. But if we had to start the season with Pope plus an Alnwick-type back-up it would be OK. Pope has now got 15 clean sheets in 21 games for York...

The 15 clean sheets are probably as much about their whole defence than Pope solely, plus its league 2. I would hate for us to throw him in the deep end before he is ready for the riggers of the Championship (assuming no disaster) it could destroy a great prospect. It would be very negative of the club to let Hamer walk.
  • Options
    Sign Morrison and Dervite. Promote Lennon and sign a new Championship quality CB.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Totally agree re the centre backs. I'd want us to exert some effort retaining Morro and Dervite but Wood is pretty replaceable, not fussed if he does stay but wouldn't break the bank to make it so.

Edit - but I disagree with your comments re keepers, I think it would be suicide to start the season with Pope as number 1 if we stay up. It's a huge step up from York to Championship.
  • Options

The 15 clean sheets are probably as much about their whole defence than Pope solely, plus its league 2. I would hate for us to throw him in the deep end before he is ready for the riggers of the Championship (assuming no disaster) it could destroy a great prospect. It would be very negative of the club to let Hamer walk.
    The whole defense has improved since Pope went there, because of his organisational ability, something Hamer lacks.

• Options
    Would be very happy with Morro and Dervite competing for a place with a new CB.
    Then Wood as fourth choice. Good set of CB's then. Just replace Cort with someone better.
    I know Gomez is highly rated, but really don't want him considered for a place at least for another year. Think Lennon could do with a season or at least 6 months in League 2 aswell.
    I realise Poyet and Cousins have stepped up, but I do think people go a bit overboard with youngsters sometimes.
  • Options
    Also agree with Pope, very happy with him as number 2 and I wouldn't be worried if he had to come on. But to start with him in a Championship season is a big risk.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Heard Dorian was going and a number of Belgians would be signing, it's sounds like I've completely made it up but believe what you want. I'm not saying it true it's just something that I heard last week.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, I want Hamer to stay, and if he walks we need an experienced keeper in. But I'd be willing to push Pope on somewhat IF we have to. And if Ben stays I'd at least want Popey getting chances in the cups.
  • Options
    I've seen a lot of Pope. He's a better keeper than Hamer. I don't see any risk at all in him being our first choice next season. He will strengthen our defence with his organisational skill.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed we should try and keep Dervite! We can promote some youngsters but we can't rely on them too much too quickly so either we keep wood or sign someone similar as he is fairly replaceable! Also a new face would keep Morrisson and Dervite on their toes!
  • Options
    I know L2 to Championship is a big step up, but Jack Butland did it a couple of years ago he played pretty much a season on loan at Cheltenham. I see no reason why Pope couldn't, my mate who supports York says he's been tremendous
  • Options
    Can you lot please stop saying that you like Pope or Roland will get the wrong idea and sell him to York for a fiver.
  • Options
    Dervite says we need to be 200% ready. It's just not on - anything less than 250% just isnt good enough!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Really need to keep Dervite and Morro. Think they have been pretty good and can build a solid partnership over the summer.

Solly, Wiggins, Morro and Dervite is a very assured Championship back 4. RD can bring in who he wants but they would have to be special to remove any of those, and Riga would know this as well.
  • Options
    I agree with andynelson, I think that Pope is going to be our number one very soon. Regarding Dervite, unfortunately I am quite sure that Roland will not be competing with some of the nit wits who pay out big money, we learnt that with Kermogant, still to our cost possibly.
  • Options
    I agree with andynelson, I think that Pope is going to be our number one very soon. Regarding Dervite, unfortunately I am quite sure that Roland will not be competing with some of the nit wits who pay out big money, we learnt that with Kermogant, still to our cost possibly.
  • Options
    Posted before that as of a couple of weeks ago we had not offered anything to Dervite.

Would like to see him stay but given Bournemouth were interested last season and now have his mate Yann playing for them and, apparently, lots of money down there I can see him moving there.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Re: Pope
    Maybe, but RD might sell him in the Summer (not necessarily to York), as he has stated that he wants to bring on young players to use elsewhere in his network, or sell them.