Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking near The Valley (ie don't)

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
  • Options

Sollied said:

Don't normally drive but have to tomorrow due to work. Can anyone suggest somewhere reasonably close (i.e. no more than 10-15 mins), don't mind paying.

Hornfair Road, Just up the hill from the valley. Free parking and many side streets. 10 minute walk at max.
    Are none of the roads permit zones etc around there?

• Options
    Can't you park free in the old Sainsbury car park for 5 hours?
  • Options
    Still not on a match day I think. Restricted to 1.5 hours but it may have changed
  • Options

Can't you park free in the old Sainsbury car park for 5 hours?

Protip -

Drive out the "in" door (when safe to do so) and the camera/software can't handle it.

RIP Prince -

One day I was busy doing something, close to nothing, but different from the day before
    That's when I saw her - wooo, I saw her
    She walked "in" through the outdoor, "out" door.
  • Options
    Sollied said:

Sollied said:

Don't normally drive but have to tomorrow due to work. Can anyone suggest somewhere reasonably close (i.e. no more than 10-15 mins), don't mind paying.

Hornfair Road, Just up the hill from the valley. Free parking and many side streets. 10 minute walk at max.

You will be alright round surrounding roads (Hornfair road) no permit zones, also assembly rooms in Village is free.
  • Options
    Sollied said:

Sollied said:

None at all as soon as you get on that road, get there earlyish as it can get packed. Around 1:30/2:00 you'll be fine with the surrounding roads. Now I've given away my secret parking online it's going to be more packed than ever ;)
  • Options
    I can confirm they are still ticketing along Anchor and Hope Lane as I got one at the Fleetwood game. Not going to bother arguing because I clearly won't get away with it - just wish I had read this thread earlier!

Still find it scandalous that they don't need to have signs on any lamp posts in the zone - just one somewhere vaguely in the surrounding area that you are unlikely to be able to see whilst driving and avoiding crashing. It really is nothing more than a moneymaker. Well I hope Greenwich Council are happy and invest my £65 wisely - perhaps in a clear fucking roadsign!
  • Options
    I parked there for the Fleetwood game and they didn't ticket me!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I can confirm they are still ticketing along Anchor and Hope Lane as I got one at the Fleetwood game. Not going to bother arguing because I clearly won't get away with it - just wish I had read this thread earlier!

Still find it scandalous that they don't need to have signs on any lamp posts in the zone - just one somewhere vaguely in the surrounding area that you are unlikely to be able to see whilst driving and avoiding crashing. It really is nothing more than a moneymaker. Well I hope Greenwich Council are happy and invest my £65 wisely - perhaps in a clear fucking roadsign!

It keeps my council tax down so it's fine by me.

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Controlled parking zones etc etc, whatever your local authority chooses to call theirs, are all technically legal and valid etc but the absence of reasonable signage is a valid point to raise in disputing your ticket. For the penalty to stand you have to have been informed of the parking controls for the penalties to be fair or reasonable. Being an 'outsider' you can't possibly be expected to know it exists, far less its boundary and if there was no clearly visible sign on your journey across the boundary or along your route to your parking location, you can contend that the penalty is unfair on the grounds you couldn't possibly know and RBG haven't done enough to inform you. What RBG's attitude is in such appeals or how clued in they are legally I don't know but a plainly worded letter of appeal stating the facts (and you have to stick to facts not conjecture or hyperbole) of your case is a very low cost, low effort attempt to get the penalty set aside. A £65 refund may come your way.
    If it does, do let us know. You won't get away with it again cos you can't claim ignorance of the local regs but we might each be able to benefit in the future.
    Good luck
  • Options
    What percent of fans do you think

drive
    walk
    take public transport

to home matches? So curious.
  • Options

What percent of fans do you think

drive
    walk
    take public transport

to home matches? So curious.

Proper CL. Respect.
  • Options
    Used to park in the roads around Eastcombe Avenue when I used to go, 10 min walk to the ground & never used to be any restrictions
  • Options
    I used to park in the streets above Maryon Wilson park when I had a ST. No problem. Bit of a walk back up the hill mind you.