Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which players play their last game at the Valley tonight?

2»

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:

I also have a feeling that Simon Church will be sold to a League One side in the Summer. Maybe that is just me wishing thinking.

Think you COULD be right in terms of Simon Church... Depends if we get the Strikers we want in the summer
  • Options
    Poyet will definitely be off. I expect Cort, Wood, Green, Hollands, Hughes, Gower, Evina, Pritchard, Cook and Hamer to be off as well. I reckon Astrit will be back on a permanent deal next season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Morrison and Dervite both leave either.
  • Options
    cant garuntee any of them staying to be honest.

Think we will be just left with dave on a two year contract.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Loan Polish Pete to Dulwich Hamlet and see how he gets on. If he doesn't cut it in the first three months of next season, send him off to Carl Zeiss Jena. Get Erhun Oztumer from Dulwich as apart of the deal...!

best player i've ever seen at non league level by far. Get him on trial for pre season at the very least.
  • Options

The big question mark is Poyet because he's the one with genuine options ability.

Fixed that for you mate ;-)
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Think that ForeverAddickted has the list spot on.

I have a feeling Hamer, Morrison, Poyet and Dervite will sign new contracts once Championship is secured.

I also have a feeling that Simon Church will be sold to a League One side in the Summer. Maybe that is just me wishing thinking.

I have nothing against Simon Church but I think you must be crackers if you really believe that anyone is going to pay us a fee for him - even if they are in League One. We might be able to get a League One side to take him if we agree to pay some of his current contract up, but I can't believe that there are not better strikers out there available on a free without the wage expectations of a player with a year left on his contract in the Championship.
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind to see petrucci back again next year... I think he has something more to offer in terms of quality as opposed to Jacksons commitment!
  • Options

Simonsen said:

Loan Polish Pete to Dulwich Hamlet and see how he gets on. If he doesn't cut it in the first three months of next season, send him off to Carl Zeiss Jena. Get Erhun Oztumer from Dulwich as apart of the deal...!

best player i've ever seen at non league level by far. Get him on trial for pre season at the very least.
    Better be quick. He's rumoured to be on the verge of joining Luton.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

cafctom said:

I have a feeling Hamer, Morrison, Poyet and Dervite will sign new contracts once Championship is secured.

I have nothing against Simon Church but I think you must be crackers if you really believe that anyone is going to pay us a fee for him - even if they are in League One. We might be able to get a League One side to take him if we agree to pay some of his current contract up, but I can't believe that there are not better strikers out there available on a free without the wage expectations of a player with a year left on his contract in the Championship.
    League One teams paid fees for the likes of Simon Francis, David Button and Ben Alnwick against people's expectations.
  • Options
    The Watford players if we get relegated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reza to score a hat trick against Argentina, to make the knock out stages, then scores to knock France out, scores again to beat Germany in the Semi Finals, misses penalty in final shoot out. The commentators are raving about this Charlton player, RD is offered 10m for him which is accepted, (You can always dream and always look on the bright side of life). Thus tonight will be his last game at the valley.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

League One teams paid fees for the likes of Simon Francis, David Button and Ben Alnwick against people's expectations.
    True, but I wasn't, at all, surprised that Button and Alnwick commanded a fee. I was also far from gobsmacked that Francis earned us a few quid as we paid for him and it was clear that he was better than he'd shown at Charlton.

However, I still believe that you are crackers if you truly believe that we will get a fee for Church this summer. If you're just arguing for the hell of it then fair enough, but if you genuinely believe that we will get a fee for him than I will have to adjust my view of any further posts from you.

;-)
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Reza to score a hat trick against Argentina, to make the knock out stages, then scores to knock France out, scores again to beat Germany in the Semi Finals, misses penalty in final shoot out. The commentators are raving about this Charlton player, RD is offered 10m for him which is accepted, (You can always dream and always look on the bright side of life). Thus tonight will be his last game at the valley.

Thing is you just know that if he has a good world cup we will refuse to sell him and regret it late.
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Thing is you just know that if he has a good world cup we will refuse to sell him and regret it late.
    Did you not read that chapter of the "Network Manual" KHA? We will sell anyone if there's two bob to make!
  • Options

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

True, but I wasn't, at all, surprised that Button and Alnwick commanded a fee. I was also far from gobsmacked that Francis earned us a few quid as we paid for him and it was clear that he was better than he'd shown at Charlton.

However, I still believe that you are crackers if you truly believe that we will get a fee for Church this summer. If you're just arguing for the hell of it then fair enough, but if you genuinely believe that we will get a fee for him than I will have to adjust my view of any further posts from you.

;-)
    Wouldn't surprise me to see a fee paid for Church (a 25 year old experienced striker). There were clubs looking at loaning him not long ago. Regardless of his performances or goal return for Charlton. Other clubs may think he's worth a punt.

For what it's worth I think he'll still be with us next season.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Dansk_Red said:

Did you not read that chapter of the "Network Manual" KHA? We will sell anyone if there's two bob to make!
    I've not read the whole manual because I, kind of, have a life, but I'm sure that what it means is that we will hold on to players that might be worth more later - 'bit like Polish Pete!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I also have a feeling that Simon Church will be sold to a Ryman League One North side in the Summer. Maybe that is just me wishing thinking.

Fixed.
  • Options
    Players to be sold/out of contract, but would keep, Hamer, Morrison and Poyet, possibly Cousins.
    Players who we will say goodbye to, Gower, Wood, Sordell (never know though Rega may keep), Green, Thurman, Hughes, Evina, Pritchard and hopefully Church.
    But if relegated, all the above could do a job in league one.
    Would keep Astrid.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Remembering that Butland got into the Euro 2012 squad... more chance of Pope getting a surprise call-up, coming on in our final group game as Hart and Foster succumb to food poisoning, and being MoM as England storm to world cup victory. Chelsea pay £20m and we re-sign Kermogant, Parker and Darren Randolph.

• Options

Dansk_Red said:

This problem is easily solved. He won't have a good World Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hughes may switch to a full time coaching role. He seems to enjoy it here.

99% certain they're gone

Evina, Green, Pritchard, Cook, Hollands, YTU, Koç, Gower, Jordan

70%

Sordell, Obika, Wood, Petrucci, Cort, Azeez

50/50 if we stay up or not

Hamer, Morrison, Dervite, Wiggins, Wilson, Cousins, Poyet, Ajdarevic

Can't see Solly going as there will be question over his fitness. Jackson, Pigott and Church will be here because of their contracts. Don't know enough about Nego, PP or the likes of Feely, Lennon and Osborne.
  • Options
    I think there will be a huge change of staff this summer - not necessarily a bad thing - but it depends on who is making the decisions.
  • Options
    Roughly one third of the squad are on long term deals so there are bound to be a lot of departures this summer. Of those on loan or out of contract I would like to see Sordell, Obika, Ajdarevic, Hamer, Morrison, Poyet and Dervite in a Charlton shirt next season if only for some continuity and reduce the pressure and risk on new signings. If all of those seven go then there is a massive turnover in the squad and first team.
    We are all aware of the weaknesses in the squad so if AFKA is right and 20 depart perhaps there is a chance that some decent players appear to complement those on long term deals.

Whether Reza, Nego and Piotr stick around or move to another Staprix club is anyones guess and it will be interesting to see if they do move somewhere to get more game time.
  • Options
    Given that all our disappointing forwards move on to Orient these days and then become goal machines, perhaps Church'll move there and do really well.
    I don't think we'll see all of the above move on - there's still a need for squad players, though I tend to think the 99% gone that Jdredsox mentions probably are. Of those, the only one that would truly disappoint is Pritch - he had a great season last year, but it hasn't worked at all for him this year. Hope he does well wherever he goes. Likewise, wish all the best to Danny Hollands - journeyman pro with a good attitude who's helped Pompey survive this run in.
    I hope we keep all the 50/50 guys, though some will be harder to replace than others.
  • Options

Roughly one third of the squad are on long term deals so there are bound to be a lot of departures this summer. Of those on loan or out of contract I would like to see Sordell, Obika, Ajdarevic, Hamer, Morrison, Poyet and Dervite in a Charlton shirt next season if only for some continuity and reduce the pressure and risk on new signings. If all of those seven go then there is a massive turnover in the squad and first team.
    We are all aware of the weaknesses in the squad so if AFKA is right and 20 depart perhaps there is a chance that some decent players appear to complement those on long term deals.

Whether Reza, Nego and Piotr stick around or move to another Staprix club is anyones guess and it will be interesting to see if they do move somewhere to get more game time.

Not always such a bad thing to have a complete overhaul. The mentality and association of this crap season won't be there for a start. I seem to remember Chris Powell doing something similar in the summer of 2011...
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

Better be quick. He's rumoured to be on the verge of joining Luton.
    "other clubs are interested", my understanding luton is the only one to have made a firm offer to the hamlet. Honestly, the only reason i can see he's not a pro footballer is his height. Which makes me despair for the english system even more.