Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So who IS going down then ? Before tonight's games

Blackpool...45...-25...46

Charlton...44...-25...45

Millwall...45...-29...45

Doncaster...45...-30...44

Birmingham...44...-15...43

Fixtures:

Charlton v Watford
B'ham v Wigan
Blackpool v Charlton
Millwall v Bournemouth
Bolton v B'ham
Leicester v Doncaster

As things currently stand, what's your call on who fills the last spot?

Comments

• Doncaster
  • Surely Doncaster?

Like I said though, if we are up tonight, I am going to Millwall to watch some French Leicester/Charlton reject (boo) send Millwall down
  • Doncaster.

Think Birmingham will get one or two points from their last two games, while Doncaster will lose 4-1 on the final day away at Leicester.
  • Poor old Donny.
  • i keep thinking we are ok that Bham will not win nor Donny but I just dont know got a horrible feeling.
  • I just have this sneaky feeling things are not as cut and dried as they seem.
  • I made a thread yesterday going through the fixtures:

forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/61640/remaining-relevant-championship-fixtures#latest

I can't see Birmingham picking up any points from their last 2 games so I think it will be them.
  • edited April 2014
    Would love Millwall to go down; expect that it will be Donnie though; still fearful it will be us. Bollox to this "a relegation scrap is exciting" nonsense, give me a safe mid-table berth anyway rather than this torture!
  • Cant see Donny beating Leicester, even a draw will send them down (assuming Brum pick up a point)
  • Can see Birmingham losing both those games
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't see brum losing both , think they could draw one maybe both
  • wouldn't wanna see our gd get a hit tonight cos donny could draw at leicester cos that gives leicester 100 points
  • It all points to Doncaster but I'm sure that will change with some strange result or results happening.I keep thinking we are safe and then go into the odd panic moments that we are not.Would love millwall to go but can't see it and if not them Birmingham but I can't see that it either.
  • My heart says the spanners, my head says Birmingham
  • Doncaster, although it could be to Doncasters advantage that Leicester have almost nothing to play for. But I can see us picking up 1 point out of our games which should just be enough.
  • wouldn't wanna see our gd get a hit tonight cos donny could draw at leicester cos that gives leicester 100 points

I was looking at the table for the 100th time since Saturday evening and was worrying about this scenario.
  • Doncaster.

Can't see Doncaster picking up more points at Leicester than we will in two games against Watford and Blackpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• If the ref hadn't abandoned our game against Donny, and they had maintained their 3-1 lead to win, Donny would be safe now and we'd be very seriously deep in the brown stuff.
  • edited April 2014
    It's gotta be Donny. Praying for a scenario that sees Millwall down in injury time, without giving us a heart attack in the process.
  • Without wishing to sound morbid, if we lose tonight and Birmingham win i think everyone will have a very different outlook. Hopefully the outcome will match the percentage chance of that happening.

Interestingly, the poll on a Millwall site showed this result:

Millwall - 7%
    Doncaster - 63%
    Brum - 27%
    Charlton - 2%
    Blackpool - 1%
  • Donny.

If Leicester let Doncaster get a result on Saturday i will lose any faith in human kind.
  • I can see us losing both games and staying up by virtue of Doncaster not beating Leicester or Birmingham losing both of theirs.
  • Donny.

If Leicester let Doncaster get a result on Saturday i will lose any faith in human kind.

Wigan have already done their best to screw us over. Beat us then lose at home to the Spanners and Blackpool. Wigan are now in my 5 most-hated list.
  • I am hoping Kevin Phillips come on and do what he normally does and then give a good send off.
  • edited April 2014

Without wishing to sound morbid, if we lose tonight and Birmingham win i think everyone will have a very different outlook. Hopefully the outcome will match the percentage chance of that happening.

Interestingly, the poll on a Millwall site showed this result:

Millwall - 7% SCS 8.7%
    Doncaster - 63% SCS 57.4%
    Brum - 27% SCS 29.9%
    Charlton - 2% SCS 3.4%
    Blackpool - 1% SCS 0.7%

Interesting how the Millwall poll is pretty close to the stats on sportsclubstats.com/England/ChampionshipLeague.html I've added these as SCS above

If we draw tonight our chances of relegation drop to 1%. Even if we lose, our chances go up to just 6.3%. Now I know it will feel a lot worse but it will still need a very unlikely combination of results to take us down.
  • Despite Pearson's best intentions and his dream of 100 points he'll struggle to put out a sober 11, not even Kevin Phillips can (quite) beat Donny on his own.
    Watford will be able to play in relaxed fashion tonight with one or two putting on a show for contracts and Riga's misapprehension that he has many footballers at his disposal will see the hornets cruise to a facile 1 or 2 goal victory.
    Holloway will have 'wall wound up to bursting point to inspire them to get at least a point from bournemouth.
    Needing anything from the Blackpool game will ensure mental collapse and physical capitulation from Charlton's threadbare squad. We rarely get anything from that windswept venue at the best of times.
    So Charlton's survival is in Birmingham's hands - Wigan's season has come to a full stop and Bolton have nothing to play for.
    Who do you suppose really has it between the ears in this situation Clark or Riga?
    Plus Birmingham have Macheda and Zigic
    Can anyone realistically see Birmingam gaining fewer than 2 points from their 2 matches?