Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who IS going down then ? Before tonight's games

13»

Comments

• Options
    I think there is still a shock in this given the various scenarios. I'll leave it to others to decide what constitutes a shock in this very strange season! The only racing certainty is that if we win tonight then that's that, so no buggering around lads, let's get the job done. Pick the best team Mr R, square pegs in square holes, fight for our lives, crowd play a stormer etc. I've thought since about Christmas that the Doncaster abandonment will be influential so I still have them as favourites to go down though can see Leicester being in party mode. Wigan seriously owe us one, and if they beat Brum tonight then the latter really are in serious doo doo. If I had to put a bet on it, I'd say Donny will go but I wouldn't be surprised if we have a bit of sweating to do yet!
  • Options
    8 Millwall 6 3 3 0 8 5 +3 12
    17 Charlton 6 2 1 3 8 12 -4 7
    20 Blackpool 6 1 1 4 5 9 -4 4
    23 Birmingham City 6 1 0 5 9 16 -7 3
    24 Doncaster 6 0 1 5 4 12 -8 1

Form table last six games.
  • Options

Where are Blackpool? More importantly, where are Watford?!
  • Options

Where are Blackpool? More importantly, where are Watford?!
    Blackpool is stated in the table. Watford is below.

12 Watford 6 2 2 2 12 10 +2 8

• Options
    Donny will go.
  • Options
    What if.. (Although very unlikely)

Tonight we drew 3-3 and at Blackpool we drew 0-0.

Millwall won against Bournemouth.

Doncaster somehow won by a few goals.

Birmingham pick up 4 points from their last 2 games.

The table would read:
    Millwall 48 (-28)
    Birmingham 47 (-14)
    Doncaster 47 (-25)
    Blackpool 47 (-25)
    Charlton 47 (-25)

Doncaster would finish above us on goals scored. However, our record with Blackpool would be absolutely identical on goals for and against with both games ending in 0-0.

Would this be a history making end as the only thing that would be able to be done is a relegation play off game.

I know this is all extremely unlikely, but does make interesting reading I think.

Although all of this would be unnecessary as I feel we will stay up and it'll be either Doncaster or Birmingham who drop.

We will be okay, big support needed tonight though.

COYR!
  • Options
    I think Birmingham and Doncaster have won their last points this season so I think it will be Birmingham.

I also think that Millwall will lose to Bournemouth.
  • Options
    hate to say it, but we will draw tonite, 1-1 and draw with Blackpool by the same score and just stay up. Donny will lose, but I see Brum losing tonite. Toss up between Donny and brum who will go down with Barnsley and Yeovil.
    I HOPE I AM WRONG ABOUT SCORE TONITE....COME ON YOU REDS, ONE MORE WIN!!!
  • Options
    What we mainly need to be careful of is if we only need to concede five goals tonight and Saturday (in total) that puts our Goal Difference as -30...

Doncaster then only need to draw against Leicester and they'll survive on goals scored

(Reckon Birmingham will be fine against Bolton)
  • Options
    Birmingham will beat Wigan tonight whilst we lose 0 - 2 to Watford.

We will lose at Blackpool 2 - 0
    Millwall will beat Bournemouth 2 - 0
    Doncaster will draw at Leicester.

That's how close I think it's going to be.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure it will be Donny, rather it was Millwall though.
  • Options
    Birmingham
  • Options
    Doncaster, i think they will get hammered by Leicester as Leicester will want to put on a celebration style performance for their fans.

Much rather it was Millwall or Birmingham though if i had a choice.

Can easily see us losing tonight and Saturday but still staying up, which will feel really strange but who cares, not me, im looking forward to the summer rebuild.

• Options
    Everyone going on about the Ipswich match we folded on have forgotten we went to WBA away last game of the season and they were level on points with 3rd bottom Walsall who had Ipswich away that day
    we properly laid down and died in that match and WBA won 2-0 , Walsall lost 2-0 as well but as Champions we did nothing to help any other teams , so stop the bleating about Wigan minge faces ,it's down to us to sort ourselves out and Wigan to sort themselves out
  • Options
    I can see Brum bottleing it tonight and we better get at least a draw or next Saturday will be squeaky bum time
  • Options
    se9addick said:

LenGlover said:

I've bet on us to go down at 22-1 which will hopefully ensure our safety.

Disgraceful !
    Job done!!