Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

someone getting prolonged CPR in East

Comments

• Options
    Tremendous, impressive and for incapables like me, humbling
  • Options
    great stuff @Rylo‌ fingers crossed the man in question recovers to personally thank you.

would be nice for the club to also do something
  • Options
    Absolute hero Rylo.
  • Options
    @Rylo well done, thank you
  • Options
    Good on you Rylo mate!
  • Options
    Well done Rylo. You should be very proud. Thanks.
  • Options
    Well done Rylo.
  • Options
    Rylo you're a hero and I hope you get the praise and recognition your acts deserved.
  • Options
    Top man Rylo. Proper Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done rylo top man .
  • Options
    I can only hope someone like Rylo is around if/when it happens to me. Well done mate.
  • Options
    Top top man Rylo.
  • Options
    Rylo said:

Hey guys, just wanted to clear up a couple of points. It was myself who initially carried out CPR on the gentleman. I was sat a few rows back and saw that something was going on, so obviously went into 'work' mode and did my best to help out. It was clear that the man was in cardiac arrest, so I kept things ticking over until the medical team arrived, and assisted where possible.

It's obviously difficult in those situations and not nice for anyone, so it's not surprising that while you're trying to explain your role and offer further assistance, some people become slightly blinkered and 'task orientated'. This was the case with one of the stewards, but to him I was a guy in plain clothes who was in the way. I understood that, and as the casualty was in good hands I thought it was probably better to go back to my seat rather than confuse matters.

If anyone has any further information on his current condition I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

#hero
  • Options
    Rylo top top work
  • Options
    I'm gonna organise a Rylo flag
  • Options
    Lovely stuff Rylo.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd say forget player of the year coz there's not many players that deserve it so scrap that award and just give it to Rylo by far the most important thing that's happened this season well done mate

• Options
    Well done @Rylo proper hero
  • Options
    Great work Rylo, and so pleased that you've heard he's now making a good recovery.

I'm not being flippant when I say its gotta be the best save ever made at The Valley!
  • Options
    If that doesn't get recognition from the club then nothing else should.

Fantastic work stepping forward to help save someone's life. You should feel proud.
  • Options
    Love Rylo to bits
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Wow - well done Rylo, hero
  • Options
    Rylo - I salute you!
  • Options
    SIR RYLO
  • Options

I saw the incident from about ten rows away.The guy doing CPR seems to be the hero,definitely.The stewards' response was a little slow to start with but was in full force reasonably quickly with paramedics.Why though isn't a defib.in each stand instead of having to be brought from the north-west corner?
    Hope he pulls through---thinking of him.

I must admit I saw it unfolding from the West Lower and you could tell it was serious. My thoughts were it took a while for the paramedic to run all along the bottom of the north stand and get to the incident. Obviously I am sure there are regulations the club has to adhere to, but did think it a little odd, especially as seconds count I imagine.
    Wishing the chap a speedy recovery.