Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

someone getting prolonged CPR in East

Comments

• Options
    Great job Rylo, well done. Hope he makes a full recovery.
  • Options
    @Rylo my deepest admiration mate. I've been on first aid courses and thought to myself "Christ I hope I never have to do this stuff for real". What you did takes balls. Bravo!
  • Options
    Hero. Well done Rylo
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Really upsetting from the west stand. Our subs were aware quickly and to be fair they looked genuinely concerned and upset along with the rest of us. Very uncomfortable feeling for a while but that steward was brilliant, hopefully all his work wasn't in vain. Well done fella your a hero.
    All the best to our fan...be strong pal we're all with you!!!!!
    COR

Wasn't a steward doing the cpr, 'just' a guy nearby.
    Apologies, from where I was sitting he looked like he had a hi- vis jacket on.
    Whoever it was looked to be really working hard to try and help the person, fair play mate I salute you!
  • Options
    Rylo said:

Hey guys, just wanted to clear up a couple of points. It was myself who initially carried out CPR on the gentleman. I was sat a few rows back and saw that something was going on, so obviously went into 'work' mode and did my best to help out. It was clear that the man was in cardiac arrest, so I kept things ticking over until the medical team arrived, and assisted where possible.

It's obviously difficult in those situations and not nice for anyone, so it's not surprising that while you're trying to explain your role and offer further assistance, some people become slightly blinkered and 'task orientated'. This was the case with one of the stewards, but to him I was a guy in plain clothes who was in the way. I understood that, and as the casualty was in good hands I thought it was probably better to go back to my seat rather than confuse matters.

If anyone has any further information on his current condition I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

HERO.
  • Options
    Rylo said:

Thank you all very much for your kind words. Hopefully it helped towards a positive treatment.

I'm a Firefighter, so obviously the training kicked in and I did what I could for a short spell until the other guys arrived. They were pretty quick, so it took the pressure off once they came with all of the kit. We do train for this type of incident, but nothing prepares you for the real thing. It certainly isn't straightforward in a football stadium and I can honestly say I've not had a situation quite like that before!

I've just had an update and the gentleman is now being cared for at St Thomas', so I'm sure that he's in the best possible hands and making a good recovery.

Top man Rylo, I salute you sir!!
    #complimentaryseasonticket?

• Options
    Brilliant rylo. I would have crapped myself in that situation. Top stuff.
  • Options
    Top man Rylo, there's a pint waiting whenever your ready.
  • Options
    Top stuff Rylo. I had no idea what to do so glad someone had the training to do something.
  • Options

rikofold said:

Really upsetting from the west stand. Our subs were aware quickly and to be fair they looked genuinely concerned and upset along with the rest of us. Very uncomfortable feeling for a while but that steward was brilliant, hopefully all his work wasn't in vain. Well done fella your a hero.
    All the best to our fan...be strong pal we're all with you!!!!!
    COR

Wasn't a steward doing the cpr, 'just' a guy nearby.
    Apologies, from where I was sitting he looked like he had a hi- vis jacket on.
    Whoever it was looked to be really working hard to try and help the person, fair play mate I salute you!
    Ah, well a paramedic did take over, and at that point they were preparing the defib. The first signs you'd have had something was going on was a bunch of fans standing in the East - by the time the hi-vis got there, and the stewards joined later, Rylo had been going for a few minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happened just a few rows behind us although initially we couldn't tell what was happening. Top marks Rylo for doing what you did.
  • Options
    Rylo - great stuff. Hope the guy is recovering and ok.
  • Options
    Top Man Rylo. Well done mate.
  • Options
    @Rylo - well done mate. Top stuff.

I hope the club reward you in some way, you deserve it.
  • Options
    Well done mate, saving a member of our extended family. Top chap.
  • Options
    Huge respect Rylo. Hero.
  • Options
    Rylo, thank you for your actions which saved this guy's life.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Good karma will be filling your pockets Rylo!
    Well done mate - glad you paid attention during the training sessions!
  • Options
    Would be great if we can make some kind of collective gesture both to support the poor guy who is fighting for his life, and to honour Rylo. No idea what, but count me in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thought similar Prague. Have an idea and will speak to @Fanny Fanackapan‌ and Ian to take through the Fans Forum, but probably best we leave it a few days
  • Options
    Fantastic work @Rylo! Should get a season ticket for life if you ask me.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I saw the incident from about ten rows away.The guy doing CPR seems to be the hero,definitely.The stewards' response was a little slow to start with but was in full force reasonably quickly with paramedics.Why though isn't a defib.in each stand instead of having to be brought from the north-west corner?
    Hope he pulls through---thinking of him.

I must admit I saw it unfolding from the West Lower and you could tell it was serious. My thoughts were it took a while for the paramedic to run all along the bottom of the north stand and get to the incident. Obviously I am sure there are regulations the club has to adhere to, but did think it a little odd, especially as seconds count I imagine.
    Wishing the chap a speedy recovery.
    I must admit it was very strange how slowly they walked... I almost wanted to take the stuff and run it up to the other paramedics myself.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Indeed. And it was a fireman who saved the last. Perhaps both deserve some form of accolade ( although I understand this is not a point scoring thread)
  • Options
    Well done rylo ... Just great
  • Options
    I am humbled by and proud of what Rylo did last night, and what he does for a living. Well done indeed.
  • Options
    Top man Rylo. Huge respect to you sir. Everything crossed that our fellow Addick pulls through.
  • Options
    Top man Rylo
  • Options
    Rylo said:

Hey guys, just wanted to clear up a couple of points. It was myself who initially carried out CPR on the gentleman. I was sat a few rows back and saw that something was going on, so obviously went into 'work' mode and did my best to help out. It was clear that the man was in cardiac arrest, so I kept things ticking over until the medical team arrived, and assisted where possible.

It's obviously difficult in those situations and not nice for anyone, so it's not surprising that while you're trying to explain your role and offer further assistance, some people become slightly blinkered and 'task orientated'. This was the case with one of the stewards, but to him I was a guy in plain clothes who was in the way. I understood that, and as the casualty was in good hands I thought it was probably better to go back to my seat rather than confuse matters.

If anyone has any further information on his current condition I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

Well done you.