Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why did Charlton fans cheer the Birmingham result ????

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2014

Weirdo slating other Weirdos thread.

Red Army!

Come on!

Weirdo
    Innit.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

BDL said:

Hands up, sorry. Completely got it wrong, forgot about Doncaster, my bad and yes I did lose it.

Sorry.

Doncaster?
    Doncaster have 44 points and only one game left. Thus the Birmingham result became irrelevant once our own three points were secure to take us to 48 points.
  • Options
    Again, did it really matter ?
  • Options
    Hey, it's all over now. We have reached the shore and can lay on the beach and soak up the warm sun. Time to start dreaming of the team rebuild plans in the Summer and the push for a decent finish next season. Time to forget all the hassles. Time to relax and enjoy!
  • Options
    Ffs we stayed up lets have some harmony on here
    F##k knows wot it would have been like had we lost?
    WW3 would have started
  • Options

Hey, it's all over now. We have reached the shore and can lay on the beach and soak up the warm sun.

Not sure it will be that warm in Blackpool this weekend
  • Options

surely every/most sane Charlton fans would prefer scum down over brum scum ???
  • Options

surely every/most sane Charlton fans would prefer scum down over brum scum ???
    This, but on reflection I felt a little greedy wanting Birmingham to lose, just in case we didn't win, for most of the evening and then expecting them to go and score two late goals as soon as I changed my mind to help relegate Millwall.

Incidentally I can't see Doncaster getting anything at Leicester, so I think Millwall are safe irrespective as to what Birmingham do, or did last night. Those two injury time equalisers (Watford and QPR) are going to make them safe - that and the red card Doncaster got at the Den.
  • Options

We have reached the shore and can lay on the beach and soak up the warm sun.

This season has just made it feel like we have swam the Atlantic ocean!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    to be fair to BDL he is getting on a bit and the memory maybe going..... (I would say that as I know him well). He is a top bloke but was weird when he was screaming down the Birmingham Result and Marc and I looked at each other and thought "What is Dave on? Does he not remember Doncaster??"
  • Options

PL54 said:

BDL said:

Hands up, sorry. Completely got it wrong, forgot about Doncaster, my bad and yes I did lose it.

Sorry.

Doncaster?
    Doncaster have 44 points and only one game left. Thus the Birmingham result became irrelevant once our own three points were secure to take us to 48 points.
    I know this much, it's why I was questioning the relevance
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    hawksmoor said:

I was in a happy-clappy mood after the final whistle, so I just joined in and clapped the Birmingham result. My brother then explained the Doncaster scenario and that we were safe anyway, and we then had an argument about why I was clapping the Birmingham result and he wasn't.

One person's confusion has caused a potential domestic incident. Hope it was resolved ok :)
  • Options
    The funny thing was, he then started clapping the Brum result, not wanting to appear left out! Like bloody sheep, us two.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Me: 'Yeah, and you bloody well weren't clapping at all. Bloody plastic. Call yourself Charlton! You're a COWARD, that's what you are.'

Jeremy Kyle: 'All right, lads. Let's calm down. We've all had a drink...'
  • Options
    I dont like Birmingham football club.

I would have cheered.

Lets face it we wana play Millwall next season and beat em.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I thought this was utterly embarrassing when the announcer said we we're waiting on the score from the Wigan V Birmingham game...we weren't....we won and that's all we needed to do! We wouldn't have gone down on Saturday regardless of results.

Think he wanted his moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think he has a burning hatred for Brum since they bricked our coaches from a Sunday game up there, Bowyer years

Including the Junior Reds coach which was clearly marked as such!!

I cheered too.

• Options

hawksmoor said:

I was in a happy-clappy mood after the final whistle, so I just joined in and clapped the Birmingham result. My brother then explained the Doncaster scenario and that we were safe anyway, and we then had an argument about why I was clapping the Birmingham result and he wasn't.

You two will be on Jeremy Kyle next week...

"He clapped a football result that doesn't matter"
    different to the usual clap related cases

• Options
    I genuinely did not know/had forgotten that it was 'only' our result that mattered - I actually thought the Birmingham loss was the clincher (but then I know even less about basic maths than I do about football... ;)) so I was very pleased to hear that score. Even so I would much rather see Brum go down than Doncaster so it was worth a cheer after all!
  • Options
    I'm astonished to find that anyone went to the match last night not knowing what we had to do to stay up. But it's a bit embarrassing that our own announcer didn't know that our win had made us safe.
  • Options

I'm astonished to find that anyone went to the match last night not knowing what we had to do to stay up. But it's a bit embarrassing that our own announcer didn't know that our win had made us safe.

Well I did know we had to win - but I thought the Birmingham result was on top of that as well. Still, glad to be wrong. Even gladder that the announcer got it wrong too!
  • Options
    Dave Berry wouldn't have got it wrong.....or that northern fella (winky face)
  • Options
    Brian Cole would never have made such a schoolboy error.

Pleasantly surprised he didn't hit JJ on the head when he passed him the microphone.

Happens to us all I suppose.......
  • Options

I thought this was utterly embarrassing when the announcer said we we're waiting on the score from the Wigan V Birmingham game...we weren't....we won and that's all we needed to do! We wouldn't have gone down on Saturday regardless of results.

Think he wanted his moment.

You weren't as embarrassed as me. Trust me.