Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton Ath | Sat 3rd May | 12:15 KICK OFF | Final Match Preview of the Season...

Comments

• Options
    I'm hoping for a narrow addicks victory (1-0 , 2-1) but I think a draw will be the most likely outcome. Final match thread of the season will be starting around 11:15 am!!
  • Options
    With no pressure on the players who knows. But Blackpool will want it more.
  • Options
    The most excitement will be had by those with a tranny to their ear as the day starts to reveal all the ups and downs, as they change during games. Re CAFC, I hope that Jose gives people who have spent a fair time on the bench this season a chance. I go into Summer with a warm glow, and hopes for some positive news.
  • Options
    This will be the first time since before Xmas the boys go into the game with zero pressure on them.

I think we will see a 0-4 blowout for the boys.
  • Options

shame we won on tues night

Unbelievable.
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

You are wrong Golfie - Birmingham GD is currently -16 and Blackpool's is -25, so any Blackpool loss and a Brum win see's the blue noses jump over the Tangerines.

The team I would like to see put out by Jose Riga (though |I doubt he will) is -

Hamer
    Wilson Morrison Dervite Fox
    Green Poyet Jackson Harriott
    Obika Church

Subs: Thuram-Ulien, Wood, Solly, Cousins, Adjarevic, Piggott, Sordell

That will be the loast game in an Addicks shirt for maybe ten of them!

10? Wilson, Fox, Jackson, Harriott and Church all have contracts into next season.
    Yep, 10! Hamer, Morrison, Dervite, Green, Poyet, Obika, Thuram-Ulien, Wood, Adjarevic, and Sordell, makes ten who could be playing their last game for Charlton...
  • Options

shame we won on tues night otherwise we'd have been one of the games to be shown live (usually Sky show 2 games on the final day) - I reckon they will show the Leicester game (trophy presentation & Donny may need a result) and the B'ham game.

Shame we won? Wash your mouth out with soap, young man.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

The most excitement will be had by those with a tranny to their ear as the day starts to reveal all the ups and downs, as they change during games. Re CAFC, I hope that Jose gives people who have spent a fair time on the bench this season a chance. I go into Summer with a warm glow, and hopes for some positive news.

You put a tranny where you want and I'll put a radio to my ear.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Pedro45 said:

You are wrong Golfie - Birmingham GD is currently -16 and Blackpool's is -25, so any Blackpool loss and a Brum win see's the blue noses jump over the Tangerines.

The team I would like to see put out by Jose Riga (though |I doubt he will) is -

Hamer
    Wilson Morrison Dervite Fox
    Green Poyet Jackson Harriott
    Obika Church

Subs: Thuram-Ulien, Wood, Solly, Cousins, Adjarevic, Piggott, Sordell

That will be the loast game in an Addicks shirt for maybe ten of them!

10? Wilson, Fox, Jackson, Harriott and Church all have contracts into next season.
    Yep, 10! Hamer, Morrison, Dervite, Green, Poyet, Obika, Thuram-Ulien, Wood, Adjarevic, and Sordell, makes ten who could be playing their last game for Charlton...
    Thought you said the starting XI.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

the players should shake hands, agree on a draw (48 v 48 to improve the respective goal scoring records) and then immediately bugger off to the theme park and repeatedly go on The Big One. first player to throw up buys the candy floss.

then on to a pub crawl around the Blackpool's finest hostelries where the first player to throw up (Fox) has to snog the fat lump in the corner wearing a size 6 dress, crocs and deely boppers on her head, having just thrown up herself on the landing on the 1st floor leading to the toilets.

exit last pub for the day completely smashed, led out by our manager chanting "Jose Riga's red & white army".

back to the B & B, quick shower, splash of Joop and back out on it.

Poyet & Wilson take longer than the rest and join later. the conditioner they use does not mix well with the sea air and Ghds are needed.

go to Irish bar first and clash with a Stag party when the best man pulls Poyet's hair. Wilson cries because he wanted his hair pulled. Jackson calms it by grabbing the mike and reeling off a load of old bollox about what a joy it is to play for Charlton, how great the support is, we couldn't have done it without you blah blah.

on to the seafront shops and Solly spots a net full of plastic balls hanging outside a shop. as he can't reach it, Hamer steps in but drops the lot. Churchy spots a stray ball and takes an almighty kick at it but the ball only strikes an old lady 2cm in front of him who then proceeds to beat Simon up.

continue drinking.

Morrison is spotted on a donkey on the beach which turns out to be the bird he met in the Irish pub earlier.

Cousins infuriates the other players in his drunken state by constantly stepping in front of them and not being in the correct position.

Harriott has a beer in one pub, then a short in the next, then a soft drink then a bacardi breezer. the other players moan that this is in no way consistent.

onto the night clubs of Blackpool where Wiggins has his foot stepped on whilst he is on the dancefloor. ambulance is called and he is carted off.

Sordell has had enough and gets a train back to Bolton.

Dervite, in floral shirt charms the hen parties with his French accent but is put off by the collective smell of kebab meat.

all on Sky Sports 2.

I think this could be the best post I've ever read on CL.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Macronate said:

the players should shake hands, agree on a draw (48 v 48 to improve the respective goal scoring records) and then immediately bugger off to the theme park and repeatedly go on The Big One. first player to throw up buys the candy floss.

then on to a pub crawl around the Blackpool's finest hostelries where the first player to throw up (Fox) has to snog the fat lump in the corner wearing a size 6 dress, crocs and deely boppers on her head, having just thrown up herself on the landing on the 1st floor leading to the toilets.

exit last pub for the day completely smashed, led out by our manager chanting "Jose Riga's red & white army".

Poyet & Wilson take longer than the rest and join later. the conditioner they use does not mix well with the sea air and Ghds are needed.

go to Irish bar first and clash with a Stag party when the best man pulls Poyet's hair. Wilson cries because he wanted his hair pulled. Jackson calms it by grabbing the mike and reeling off a load of old bollox about what a joy it is to play for Charlton, how great the support is, we couldn't have done it without you blah blah.

on to the seafront shops and Solly spots a net full of plastic balls hanging outside a shop. as he can't reach it, Hamer steps in but drops the lot. Churchy spots a stray ball and takes an almighty kick at it but the ball only strikes an old lady 2cm in front of him who then proceeds to beat Simon up.

continue drinking.

Morrison is spotted on a donkey on the beach which turns out to be the bird he met in the Irish pub earlier.

Cousins infuriates the other players in his drunken state by constantly stepping in front of them and not being in the correct position.

Harriott has a beer in one pub, then a short in the next, then a soft drink then a bacardi breezer. the other players moan that this is in no way consistent.

onto the night clubs of Blackpool where Wiggins has his foot stepped on whilst he is on the dancefloor. ambulance is called and he is carted off.

Dervite, in floral shirt charms the hen parties with his French accent but is put off by the collective smell of kebab meat.

all on Sky Sports 2.

Totally disagree - it's all conjecture and I would put money on none of this happening.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Wait, we still have another game to play?

Im already on my football summer holidays waiting for the World Cup.
  • Options

shame we won on tues night otherwise we'd have been one of the games to be shown live (usually Sky show 2 games on the final day) - I reckon they will show the Leicester game (trophy presentation & Donny may need a result) and the B'ham game.

I thought it was a shame we won on Tuesday as well @golfaddick, I would've quite gladly traded safety and relaxation going into the final game of the season, just have a chance at being one of the live games;-)
  • Options
    2 - 2
  • Options
    Sky are not showing any of the relegation games the are showing NF v Brighton & Reading v Burnley.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Shame we won? I have become a celibate monk in humble thanks to the gods of football that we aren't having to sweat on the results on saturday!
    Not by choice though

:-)
  • Options

Macronate said:

continue drinking.

all on Sky Sports 2.

Or it could be the post of someone with too much time on their hands.
  • Options
    Great not to have to worry the result of this one.

Leave Solly out to protect his knees and take another look at Nego or blood a youngster if considered up to it. Give the Pig a start. Millwall was not the best match to make a debut and tomorrow would be fairer to him.

Otherwise not bothered who plays to be honest so long as nobody picks up red cards or injuries.
  • Options

Macronate said:

continue drinking.

all on Sky Sports 2.

Agree. Brilliant
  • Options
    If beating Blackpool meant saving Millwall then I would have wanted to lose, however given the table it looks as if Blackpool score is irrelevant to Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

With one minute to go Charlton are 0-3 up and cruising at Blackpool, Brum have won at Bolton , Donny have won at Leicester and the Scum drew with Bournemouth leaving the Scum in the relegation spot
    Blackpool need to hold on and they are safe
    Church picks the ball up 40 yards out and smacks a piledriver in to the top corner to make it 0-4 and put Blackpool into the 3rd relegation spot and save millwall .........
    95% of Charlton fans including BDL are cheering the other 5% who understand the significance of the goal are heartbroken.
    The scum fans are celebrating in Zampa road
    Into injury time and Blackpool chuck everyone forward and with the last kick of the game step forward Andy Keogh ,on loan from the scum, who scuffs a pea roller into the back of the net to send the seasiders into delirium and make the backwaters of bermondsey a no go area for local residents for the rest of Saturday

1-4 to the Addicks and the 2,500 travelling fans who took advantage of the dream end of season Bank Holiday weekend fixture go out and paint the town red

Wow! If only lol
  • Options
    Boys are setting off!
  • Options
    Last match of a very long season. Blackpool will probably have that little bit extra in everything on Saturday and will win 2-0. Hope we play fair and put a strong team out. Also hope it is not the last time we see Hamer, Morro and especially Poyet. Cannot wait for Welling....
  • Options

Boys are setting off!

I see Jose has a Superdry bag!

I imagine it will be a good atmosphere on the train, and am expecting a few tweets
  • Options
    Don't care what the score is, as long as Millwall are relegated.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Expect both cousins and Jackson to be rested! Both have played a lot of minutes and will need a break! Other than that I expect anyone who riga wants around next year to feature!
  • Options
    i'm praying we lose, and Leicester, and millwall, and bolton.

if that happens i'm getting

"how do you like them apples you flat cap knobhead"

tattooed on my arse
  • Options
    Have we ever gone a season without winning 2 consecutive games? This is our last chance to do so.

We've already got the bad record of not having done the double over anyone this season. Has that ever happened before?
  • Options

Expect both cousins and Jackson to be rested! Both have played a lot of minutes and will need a break! Other than that I expect anyone who riga wants around next year to feature!

They've got all summer to rest! Assuming they don't get a phone call from Roy inviting them to Brazil...