Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lita's "head butt" on ELK

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Bit embarrassing the reaction of Elk rolling around. anyone see it.

Comments

• Options
    just watched match of the day , el kack's over reaction is pathetic to say the least and there was another 'elbow' incident with lita and kack was rolling about like a twat
  • Options
    just saw him on the floor, didnt see the incident though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]just watched match of the day , el kack's over reaction is pathetic to say the least and there was another 'elbow' incident with lita and kack was rolling about like a twat
    Part of the modern game i'm afraid. Maybe we have been too honest in the past
  • Options
    El Kak is a cheat, done the same trick on more than one occasion.

To try the same trick twice in the same game is stupid and pathetic.
  • Options
    Stupid.

Did Ambrose do a blatant penalty dive too?
  • Options
    Yep, El K has history of this and it's getting pathetic. The last incident yesterday was even more pathetic, as we were pushing for the winner so it was our time he was wasting...
  • Options
    Yet he still got up and took the free-kick after his miracle recovery.
  • Options
    but i suppose if he had not reacted - attention would not have drawn the cameras to the incident in which lita put a slight head on him. surely he should be penalised?

bit mental tho rolling around a grown man like that. have a word pards.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]but i suppose if he had not reacted - attention would not have drawn the cameras to the incident in which lita put a slight head on him. surely he should be penalised?

bit mental tho rolling around a grown man like that. have a word pards.

i'd rather he do that then react and kung fu the guy into the crowd leaving us with ten men.

I know that its a disgusting side to the game but it is something that exists and we have to accept, if not agree with it. If Lita is stupid enough to even aim a headbutt then he should accept the consequences, whether or not The ELK was playacting.
  • Options
    Wasn't impressed with that side of Lita's game - a right little so and so. Obviously aiming to model himself on Shearer...

But agree Elk made a fool of himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He might have made a fool of himself, but I'm sure part of the rolling around was to get the latest reading attack stopped and take the pressure off. As it was he rolled around for a minute or more before Poll stopped the game.
  • Options
    The second time Borat was rolling around I'm pretty sure Poll kicked him to get up - reminded me of Clint kicking Freddie the Fainter in The Enforcer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]The second time Borat was rolling around I'm pretty sure Poll kicked him to get up

Anything is possible with Poll. Really wouldn't suprise me if he booked himself...
  • Options
    Last night, didn't Graham Poll get substituted by Pards?

At half time, he asked Pards to give him a wink if he was crap.

Folks, that was the true story yesterday, none of this smokescreen stuff with Songy.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Classic, PBS! :o)
  • Options
    El Borat was an arse last night. Wasting our time. He is officially a waste of time. Sell Sell Sell
  • Options
    Elk behaviour was bang out of order and Pards should tell him there will be no repeat or else.

However, Canada Addick is out of order saying that he is a "waste of time", he's been bloody great this last two months and the clean sheets prove it.

Elk and Diawara are now looking like a half decent centre-half pairing, not up there with Rufus and Fish but still decent.
  • Options
    You are right Ormiston, Elk has been superb in the last few games. Give the guy some credit; he has earned it.
  • Options
    I reckon ElK was partly trying it on and partly taking a breather, a calculated injury sometimes buys the defending team a few moments to organise their lines and break-up the momentum of the attacking team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From the Daily Mail today:

Reading's Leroy Lita faces the prospect of a three-match ban for butting Talal El Karkouri in an off-the-ball incident during Monday's game at The Valley.

Poll missed the incident at the time and did not include it in his report but the FA's video panel are expected to look at the replays.
  • Options
    Nobody seen this story?

If Lo Lita is found guilty and suspended, does that put a different perspective on El Kak's thespian antics?
  • Options
    Bougherra must be well pissed off. Can't get a look in and since he left Sheff Weds, they have gone on a charge up the championship.
  • Options
    Yeah, but Sheff Weds are very slim odds on going up and they are still brassic. Besides, I reckon that quintupling his wages might soften the blow a bit.
  • Options
    Bougherra will get his chance soon enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Bougherra will get his chance soon enough.

I hope so, i thought he played well against Man United and he will be the only true ball playing defender we have.

The amount of times Souley and ELK just boot it out when they maybe could play a bit more...

Now i know that they arent he best "footballers" so the old adage of "if in doubt kick it out" probably does apply to them but i think Bougherra will add a bit more style to our defending (without compromising on actually stopping goals)
  • Options
    JUst seen on the "breaking news" bit on SSN that Lita is in hot water over this incident.
  • Options
    Hes being charged by the FA
  • Options
    "If Lo Lita is found guilty and suspended, does that put a different perspective on El Kak's thespian antics?"

There are two things at stake here...one is Lita headbutting El K, that is an offense whether he injures Elk or not, the second is ElK rolling around like he's been shot.
  • Options
    We should back Lita, say it was accidental.
    After all Reading have to play Fulham this weekend - and Sidwell might be out as it is!