Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lita's "head butt" on ELK

2»

Comments

• Options
    Shows everything wrong with the current disiplanary regime. Lita commits an offense against us, but if he's punished so are we.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy_andy[/cite]Shows everything wrong with the current disiplanary regime. Lita commits an offense against us, but if he's punished so are we.

No way around it though is there with retrospective action. The only thing i can see that would sort it would be if each manager had say 3 calls a game to use (like in Tennis with Hawkeye or American Football etc etc) to challenge decisions or review events.

Thats far too slow though and i'd suspect most fans would despise it.
  • Options
    The charge for the England Under 21 striker relates to an incident during Reading draw at Charlton on Monday.

Lita clashed with Addicks defender Talal El Karkouri and it was confirmed referee Graham Poll did not see the incident - The FA has moved to take action against the Reading man.

"The FA sought clarification from match referee Graham Poll, who has confirmed that he did not see the incident but, having reviewed video footage, expressed his view that the incident warranted a red card," read an FA statement.

"Lita has until 6pm on April 12th to admit or deny the charge. A disciplinary commission will hear the case on April 13th."
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much. Kitson is itching to get back into the side and is at least as good as Lita and in many respects better.
  • Options
    I still think the current card system should be scrapped as it stands. Just have the yellow card, you collect 2 you get 10 mins in the sin bin. Then after games a video panel decides how many disciplinary points the fouls were worth and at the end of the season teams get docked/rewarded points based on their position in the fair play league. That would ensure that only the team of the player committing an offense get punnished, plus avoids games being ruined by red cards. Also put pressure on teams to improve their discipline as not doing so would get them relegated (blackburn would be down by a long way!). The system could also be used to crack down on diving. If each dive racked up the disciplinary points total then managers would soon be screaming at their players to stay on their feet!
  • Options
    "......Then after games a video panel decides how many disciplinary points the fouls were worth and at the end of the season teams get docked/rewarded points based on their position in the fair play league."

That would have several mid-table sides who thought they were safe from relegation, sweating like pigs.
    Can't it be applied immediately? ;-)
  • Options
    Lita has been banned for 3 matches
  • Options
    And El Kak, our resident drama queen, is denied his oscar......
  • Options
    starting from when? didnt we want lita to play in his next match>
  • Options
    We do, Curb_it, Reading vFulham.

Should Charlton appeal?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What I can not get a grip with is that the offence was against Charlton but the penalty of Lita's ban does not help Charlton one iota only the next 3 teams that Reading play.

Its just soooooo unfair.
  • Options
    What I can not get a grip with is that the offence was against Charlton but the penalty of Lita's ban does not help Charlton one iota only the next 3 teams that Reading play.

Its just soooooo unfair.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    It's unbelievable that Lolita's offence was not picked up by any official and, desite Borat's antics, only by TV cameras.

So, if none of 3 officials are capable of seeing it, they may as well not be on the park.

It's truly time for the fourth official to have live TV monitor access - the same as many clubs have in their dugout - and when there is a serious incident, attention can be 'miked' to the ref when the ball is next out of play.

The incident can then be dealt with in the proper manner straight away - and the 'guilty' player and team punished immediately and during the match itself.
  • Options
    No Solid, in the eyes of the authorities, the offence is against the rules of the game, not Charlton.
  • Options
    yeah but no but yeah but....its just so unfair innit
  • Options
    Lita angry at FA over suspension

Lita is set to play a part for England in the European Championships
    Reading striker Leroy Lita has hit out at the Football Association over his three-match ban.
    Lita, 22, has been suspended after being accused of headbutting Charlton defender Talal El Karkouri during the goalless draw between the two sides.

He said: "The incident at Charlton was embarrassing, you don't need that.

"I didn't touch him, he went down like an idiot and it was cheating. I would love to see the FA do something about diving cheats."

Lita added: "We have got a good disciplinary record at Reading but that wasn't taken into consideration."

The FA's decision has also upset Reading boss Steve Coppell, with Lita set to return for the final two games of the season.

He is then set to play for the England Under-21s in the European Championship in the summer.

"I've only got two games at the end of the season now because of the ban," added Lita.

"I spoke to Steve Coppell about it and he said the decision was pathetic."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Should Charlton appeal?

No way, we'd probably end up getting out squad banned for 6 games due to a frivolous appeal
  • Options
    i thought the video footage was inconclusive for the alleged 'head butt ' on el kack but you know the twats at the fa...... a few years back shearer 'elbowed' fortune at the valley and got sent off( ref or linesman saw it) but the video footage wasn't clear and his red card was rescinded ... different rules for different players and clubs