Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life 2013/14 End of Season Thank You's

Comments

• thanks AFKA & Lookie and all us Lifers, we are the life that is Charlton
  • Thanks to all, especially AFKA and Lookie who started and run it all, who make this site the great place it can be.
  • Thanks to all who make Charlton Life what it is. At it's best it is a life-affirming, blues-dispersing, Charlton-supporting internet phenomenon.
  • Thanks to AFKA and Lookie for providing the means to enable us non London based reds to keep in touch with the goings on at our favourite club
  • Well, it's no Into The Valley but you're doing your bit ;-)
  • JaShea99 said:

lol. Lightening wit as always.

Do you mean "lightning"?
    Of course. There's no such word as 'lightening'. I added an unnecessary 'e'.
  • Cheers to all the aforementioned by AFKA for an enjoyable and always distracting website. I basically didn't do any work the day of the takeover as I was on the site the whole day:)

Hope you all have a good summer and look forward to the threads and updates throughout the close and pre season.
  • JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

lol. Lightening wit as always.

Do you mean "lightning"?
    Of course. There's no such word as 'lightening'. I added an unnecessary 'e'.
    Er, yes there is. Tha act of making something lighter. E.g,, he was lightening the sky in his picture.
  • Yes but I was talking about his wit...not colours. Anyway, lightning wit as always.
  • Sponsored links:

• This site is the number one reason for the fact that my productivity at work is not as high as it possibly could be.

As I don't think they pay me enough anyway, CL plays an excellent part of each working day!! :-))

Thanks very much to AFKA and LoOkie and to each and every one of the contributors here, including our guests, for adding a bit of variety to all our Charlton supporting lives. You only have to see the good deeds and words to realise how special you all are.

Enjoy your summers...my post-Blackpool cleansing is almost done sadly and I'll be home soon to waste away more hours on here...whilst making damn sure I don't make any spelling or grammar mistakes!!! ;-)
  • Thank you to all who put their own time and effort into administrating and developing this wonderful community. You should be so proud & motivated by all of the positives that Charlton Life achieves, I'm sure you are! It really is the best fans forum for Addicks everywhere.
  • well done
  • Well done and thank you to everyone who makes CL what it is. Have a good summer people's!!
  • Thanks for another year of this amazing site, and especially for the privilege of the Upbeats Trip. Despite the result on the day, it's one of my best Charlton memories.
  • Ditto just about all of the above.

• Thanks to all that make this a great site.
  • Yes, a big thank you to all. This site is a massive distraction for me (in a good way of course). Have a good summer.
  • Everyone who contributes helps this site become the most addictive on the internet. Thanks to Lookie and AFKA for their selfless work, absolute diamonds.
  • I can only echo what everyone else has said - many thanks to AFKA and Lookie......you run a very good forum, which I appreciate, can't be easy at times.

A welcome break before the gnashing of teeth over summer signings and contracts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for this site guys :-)
    And a thank you especially to all the miserable bastards out there, because I thought it was just me :-)
  • edited May 2014

Rob said "Being an overseas Addick this place has been a God send for me. Keep up the good work. "

Second that. Being the other side of the world, The Valley still holds a great place in my heart and this is one of the forums that helps to keep it that way

I third that. To a China-based Addick like me, this site is exactly what I need. I get so much more CAFC news and information on here every day than on the club's official site. And it is the best online community ever. Some people are addicted with Twitter, Facebook etc. but to me Charlton Life is the equivalent of those sites. It's so addictive I can't imagine life without it now. My previous Charlton supporting years really pale in comparison lol...

Huge thanks to AFKA and Lookie. I'm grateful to those who have supported me (@Fanny Fanackapan, @Granpa, @ShootersHillGuru, @AddickUpNorth and @Seth Plum) and I don't think I would have realised one of my lifetime dreams without Charlton Life.
  • Another brilliant season for Charlton Life. Many congrats AFKA and fellow guvnors and thanks for all your hard work. Have a great summer.
  • I very much appreiate all the effort put into this site by everone concerned. Thank you and enjoy your Summer.
  • edited May 2014
    Ahhhh, the aroma of escaping relegation. !

As a relative newbie, I have been amazed by the candidness of some contributors on here, and also the the wealth of knowledge amongst the 'family' on ALL topics- and also the willingness to try to help out people who may not be having the best times of their lives.
    Well done to everyone in the 'family' .
  • Thanks everyone. Whether in a good mood or bad, bored, busy, this site always provides some amusing and intriguing chat about Charlton and the far wider world. All it's missing is a donate button.
  • A fantastic site, great modding and some amazing threads. I even like following the cycling threads and I've not ridden a bike for years!

The charity stuff deserves a special mention, absolutely amazing. Happy to say it has spread as well, a friend was asking for a local charity to support on Facebook the other day and I suggested Demelza. Purely because of CL. They've taken that up and are now raising funds for that wonderful charity.
  • Thanks to lookie and AFKA for this site ...life would not be the same without it
  • The world is a better place with this website, cheers guys.