Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    More please find the Chelsea are rent boys and that crying old bloke in the crowd against chelski
  • Options
    Still can't believe they chucked away that 3 goal lead.
  • Options
    Don't jinx it, or they'll come crawling back in on the last day...couldn't bare the thought.
  • Options

Rather them than a team that buy their way to the title a la Chelsea or City. Chelsea are an average sized club at best full of glory hunters who have only ever known bought success. Not earned on the pitch. And as for city, anyone could win the league with that kind of money.

Spot on. See the number of empty weats at City tonight? Embarrassing. Would never get that at Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool.
  • Options
    Have no particular love for Liverpool fans nor Scousers in general but when I was fifteen I went to Anfield with two Reds fans whose nan lived in Birkenhead. It was probably the first time I'd gone to a game without an accompanying adult, on the train, having a bit of a boys weekend, even though there was no booze. It was the end of the season and if Liverpool beat Tottenham they'd clinch the title (for younger readers there was a time that actually happened). Anfield was packed and as a naive teen, I was slap bang in the middle of the Kop. And I fecking loved it. Even though I wasn't a fan of either club the atmosphere was like nothing I had ever experienced. This was pre-all seater and the terrace undulated like a living organism. When Peter Beardsley slipped in the winner the Kop erupted and the celebrations began. With this experience it cemented my desire to be a fan, to be part of something like that. So when I could afford to travel independently that's what I did. With Charlton.
  • Options
    Who needs the kop when we have the west stand :D

I don't mind liverpool if im honest. Quite like brendan rogers. Like stevie g. Having said that I couldn't care less that they have ballsed it up. No city fans in my office so no gloating. So not all bad.
  • Options

Have no particular love for Liverpool fans nor Scousers in general but when I was fifteen I went to Anfield with two Reds fans whose nan lived in Birkenhead. It was probably the first time I'd gone to a game without an accompanying adult, on the train, having a bit of a boys weekend, even though there was no booze. It was the end of the season and if Liverpool beat Tottenham they'd clinch the title (for younger readers there was a time that actually happened). Anfield was packed and as a naive teen, I was slap bang in the middle of the Kop. And I fecking loved it. Even though I wasn't a fan of either club the atmosphere was like nothing I had ever experienced. This was pre-all seater and the terrace undulated like a living organism. When Peter Beardsley slipped in the winner the Kop erupted and the celebrations began. With this experience it cemented my desire to be a fan, to be part of something like that. So when I could afford to travel independently that's what I did. With Charlton.

Brings back memories of our selhurst days
  • Options
    ads said:

Brings back memories of our selhurst days

Luckily I was still a skint school kid during the Selhurst days ;-)
  • Options
    Citeh still gotta beat West Ham yet! West ham have a very good record for last game of the season too, I think it was just 1 defeat in last 12 years
    I'd like to see Liverpool win it for a change, their football since Christmas has been great to watch but then again City's has been really good all year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rather them than a team that buy their way to the title a la Chelsea or City. Chelsea are an average sized club at best full of glory hunters who have only ever known bought success. Not earned on the pitch. And as for city, anyone could win the league with that kind of money.

Don't be fooled into thinking liverpool haven't tried buying the premier league.
    http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/ian.stewart.palmer/598853/the-5-biggest-spending-clubs-in-premier-league-history
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Ouch lol!
  • Options

Spot on. See the number of empty weats at City tonight? Embarrassing. Would never get that at Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool.
    I read on Twitter that someone was threatening to commit suicide on the bridge close to the ground, so the roads were shut.

And no it wasn't David Moyes.
  • Options
    There's always someone crying about how a team have bought the league, like every other team has a squad full of youth products and kids they picked up off the street ten minutes before kick off. Saw Aguero, Toure, Silva, Lukaku etc play at Goodison on Sunday. I just felt very happy I got to see such great players in England
  • Options
    really don't hold man city's success against them, they "broke" the "sky four" and they were a big club anyway, had fallen upon really hard times before and their fans had stuck by their team during it. The arab takeover was well deserved i think, it launched them into the club they should be and made the premier league a lot more interesting and fluid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That was villa fans.
  • Options
    Liverpool win the Premier Ugly Fans League that's for sure.

• Options
    The guy in the back on the left looks like his face was photoshopped on
  • Options
    Didn't we buy the League 1 title??
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Greenie said:

Didn't we buy the League 1 title??

I don't think you can say we bought the title when we only had the 5th highest budget in the division. We bought 5th spot, everything above that was down to managent and players overachieving.
    Fair point mate, I have had mates reference this because Powell bought a whole new squad for the L1 challenge, so I guess it highlights other fans perceptions of other clubs 'buying' a championship/promotion.
  • Options
    City are facing a UEFA sanction for overspending! All the big boys go out and spend a lot of players yes. But Chelski and City have kind of gone to another level and their fans aren't great.
    I have a lot of time for Liverpool fans, mostly proper Football fans who support their local team.
    Yes a lot of them live in the past but that's because they were spoilt in the 80's and havent done much since.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

City are facing a UEFA sanction for overspending! All the big boys go out and spend a lot of players yes. But Chelski and City have kind of gone to another level and their fans aren't great.
    I have a lot of time for Liverpool fans, mostly proper Football fans who support their local team.
    Yes a lot of them live in the past but that's because they were spoilt in the 80's and havent done much since.

Except that all the Liverpool fans I know come from miles away (apart from two) and they have won nine major trophies since the eighties. ;-)
  • Options

Except that all the Liverpool fans I know come from miles away (apart from two) and they have won nine major trophies since the eighties. ;-)
    And how many is that then? And I meant regarding title, hence the relevance of the thread ;)