Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Final away attendances for 13/14

http://the72.co.uk/2014/05/06/away-attendances-for-201314-season/2/

Doesn't make great reading as usual. Still above the scum so that's something.

Impressesd with Boro and Wigan amongst others. And Bradford amazing!!

Pompey impressive but new league syndrome and Cov explained by their boycott of home games.

Comments

• Options
    watford significantly ahead of us is poor as a reasonable comparison all factors considered
  • Options
    It'll be higher next season - 2 more London games and both hold more than QPR.
  • Options
    Brentford absolutely romped us and we just edged Orient who get 4000 at home. Poor.
  • Options
    It's not the quantity, it's the quality.
  • Options

Oi!! That's my line, AUN !

( BTW - package coming your way in the next few days )

• Options
    Well said AUN. You have to weight this with the quality of what each club has served up. Crap home form doesn't inspire away trips. Combine that with a relegation scrap and it's no real surprise.
  • Options
    Lots of Northern derby's.
  • Options
    Spanners below Orient. LOL
  • Options
    We have more fans who actually have a life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014

Well said AUN. You have to weight this with the quality of what each club has served up. Crap home form doesn't inspire away trips. Combine that with a relegation scrap and it's no real surprise.

Yet we took away less than Doncaster and Barnsley

• Options

Lots of Northern derby's.

But Blackpool's following was appalling

• Options

Oi!! That's my line, AUN !

( BTW - package coming your way in the next few days )

Sorry Fanny :-(

(and thankyou, looking forward to it x)
  • Options
    Watford have had a good away following for quite some time now....good on em.

I can remember Barnsley taking 58 fans to the Valley(or maybe Trumpton) for a Saturday game once, how times change.

Hats off to Plymouth, Portsmouth and a nod to Exeter and Torquay too.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

http://the72.co.uk/2014/05/06/away-attendances-for-201314-season/2/

Doesn't make great reading as usual. Still above the scum so that's something.

Impressesd with Boro and Wigan amongst others. And Bradford amazing!!

Pompey impressive but new league syndrome and Cov explained by their boycott of home games.

Interesting. Slightly skewed by us boycotting Leeds and limited to 1200 tickets at QPR and the away membership scheme, but thought we normally do better than that!

Although our away support as a % of the home support is better. If we matched your home support we'd average over 1,000 away.
  • Options
    If we lose Wigan, gain Leyton Orient and dont have any northern hellhole midweek away days next season we might get to a 4 figure average...
  • Options
    Maybe it was the same for everybody but we did have 7 mid-week away games (incl. the Easter Monday and New Year's Day fixtures) and four of those were in Yorkshire. It must impact upon people's ability to get to games. I suspect if the away games at Millwall, QPR, Watford, had been midweek and three of the Yorkshire games had been on Saturdays we would have seen significantly higher attendances and probably broken the 1000 average.
    In addition, at the worst time of year - Jan/Feb - we had 5 consecutive away games at Middlesbrough, Oxford, Huddersfield, Doncaster and Wigan. Except for the most dedicated that sort of attrition is just too much to cope with.
  • Options
    We'll do far better next season.

Leicester and Burnley have been replaced by Norwich and Fulham. If Derby or Wigan go up too then that'll balance out the fact hardly anyone will go to Cardiff.

More people will obviously go to Brentford than would've gone to Barnsley and Doncaster combined. If Peterborough or Orient come up then i think we'll easily get a 4 figure average next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the travelling distances round trips -

Charlton 5580 miles
    Watford 5030
    Ipswich 6412
    Boro 6696
    Bournemouth 7108
    Yeovil 7148
    Wednesday 3992
    Leicester 3926
  • Options
    Orient alone would probably put 100 on the average. We haven't played at Cardiff's new ground on a Saturday, so unless it's midweek I'd expect that to be four figures.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Interesting addition threadkiller.
    Of course a significant element of our support reside in Kent which increases the travelling and cost further.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I already put this in a thread a few weeks ago but the clubs with the best away attendances in our division are usually those on or near the M62 corridor. Hardly any clubs south of the Watford Gap and probably half of our games were on evenings or bank holidays because of the horrible match scheduling thanks to postponements and cup fixtures, which generally have worse home attendances and even worse away attendances. Given that a lot of our away matches meant having to cross the Watford Gap on a week-night and our away attendances actually don't look too bad.

Really wish that the fixture list people take into account the round-trip distance between two clubs when creating fixtures - those furthest away from each other should be a priority for a 3pm KO so fans can get to and from the game in the same day comfortably. A club like Leeds has about half the league within an hour of them, whereas most of our games involve at least 6 hour round-trip.
  • Options
    nichorob said:

Brentford absolutely romped us and we just edged Orient who get 4000 at home. Poor.

You're being polite!

I'll wait for someone to point how that they've both had a good season! What did we average in League 1 when we won it? I think it was over 1,000?
  • Options
    Saturday 17th August Barnsley away 414 fans
    Saturday 28th September Burnley away 313 fans
    Saturday 21st December Bolton away 327 fans
    Saturday 18th January Middlesboro 258 fans
    Tuesday 28th January Doncaster 448 fans

• Options

nichorob said:

You're being polite!

I'll wait for someone to point how that they've both had a good season! What did we average in League 1 when we won it? I think it was over 1,000?
    1,076 was our average in our all conquering record breaking season ..... only 2 behind the footballing giant of Brentford
  • Options

watford significantly ahead of us is poor as a reasonable comparison all factors considered

There was quite a lot of hope early in the season that we'd have a very good season so fans wanted to go away and we were helped by having quite a few local games.

I suspect a few wish they hadn't bothered wasting their hard earned cash though.