Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Bubble said:

How many loan players can you have a from one club?

We only have 1 (Buyens) as Tucudean and Ben Haim signed permanently. We had 3 in January (Thuram, Ajdarevic and Koc), so I don't think that'll be a problem.
  • Scoham said:

A Standard fan has mentioned it on Twitter.

@TheLikael: @thomekgrosz @Zett21 Par contre je viens de lire le Niewsblad et c'est Jonathan Viera qui serait preté à Charlton.

Dodgy translation:

TheLikael: @thomekgrosz Zett21 By cons I have read and Niewsblad is Jonathan Viera would be cleanliness in Charlton.

He's on Twitter, can anyone find his dad? @‌VieraJonathan

He's worth £5.28m on transfermarkt. It lists a comparable player as Bojan at Stoke, who is only worth £4.4m.

He's 5 ft 7 so fails the height test.

Here's a screenshot of him in FM:

I think that covers everything?

We should sign him up, if only for the cleanliness.
  • dickplumb said:

WSS said:

Frederic Bulot also set to come in it seems:

I heard this a week ago.

You kept that quiet Colin!
  • Greenie said:

dickplumb said:

WSS said:

Frederic Bulot also set to come in it seems:

I heard this a week ago.

You kept that quiet Colin!
    I shouldn't mention it on here but Reams posted it on ITTV, about a week ago.

• Christ, where's the YouTube video at ? Haven't seen anyone post one yet!
  • Bulot was the player that was said to have turned us down in June after Thuram's experience.

He was also mentioned on this thread last week.
  • Simonsen said:

Scoham said:

A Standard fan has mentioned it on Twitter.

@TheLikael: @thomekgrosz @Zett21 Par contre je viens de lire le Niewsblad et c'est Jonathan Viera qui serait preté à Charlton.

Dodgy translation:

TheLikael: @thomekgrosz Zett21 By cons I have read and Niewsblad is Jonathan Viera would be cleanliness in Charlton.

He's on Twitter, can anyone find his dad? @‌VieraJonathan

He's worth £5.28m on transfermarkt. It lists a comparable player as Bojan at Stoke, who is only worth £4.4m.

He's 5 ft 7 so fails the height test.

Here's a screenshot of him in FM:

I think that covers everything?

I'll take him.

Mmm...not sure about his goalkeeper rating though.....
    I say he would be better than Yohann Thuram-Ulien.
  • Given that Assombalonga, who 2nd top scored League 1 last season went for 5.5m and McCormack for 11m, is 4m well above the market price?
  • Sponsored links:

• As much as delort sounds a good player £4m is crazy for us to spend on an untested player at this level. Hope we have other options lined up
  • Madz said:

As much as delort sounds a good player £4m is crazy for us to spend on an untested player at this level. Hope we have other options lined up

You will upset Prague quoting figures of 4M

• You have to say after all the shenanigans that the Tours president got it spot on if he has found someone to stump up that much over and above our offer.
  • Viera is a very good young player
  • Pretty sure Trav said Delort is meeting Wigan, Wolves and then us this week so that would rule out Brentford.
  • You don't get anything for nothing in the championship. Goalscorers are hard to come by. If you want to do well you need a goalscorer.
  • You don't get anything for nothing in the championship. Goalscorers are hard to come by. If you want to do well you need a goalscorer.

In fairness it looks like we do have one already.
  • Check the Andy D thread for a pic of him and his dad at the Hilton in Manchester...
  • Bulot confirmed in Belgian press, can be a very good player if he gets his attitude right. Very good technique but also very inconsistent
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

You don't get anything for nothing in the championship. Goalscorers are hard to come by. If you want to do well you need a goalscorer.

The worry is if Vetokele picks up a knock or does his hammy chasing down a ball who do we rely on? Tucadean has already had his share of injuries and that would leave just Church.

Lucky we've got vetokele then ;) looks like Bulot and Viera in by the end of the week according to a few people on twitter , will be good signings , still need another striker but Viera can play behind the striker although only 5'7.
  • Bulot confirmed in Belgian press, can be a very good player if he gets his attitude right. Very good technique but also very inconsistent

Did you read some of the things he Re-Tweeted on his twitter a few days ago? Reading between the lines it sounds as if he has been forced to move to Charlton..

He was Re-Tweeting things like "Football is just business" and things along those lines
  • Jaddick said:

se9addick said:

You don't get anything for nothing in the championship. Goalscorers are hard to come by. If you want to do well you need a goalscorer.

The worry is if Vetokele picks up a knock or does his hammy chasing down a ball who do we rely on? Tucadean has already had his share of injuries and that would leave just Church.
    Ah right, so you need two goalscorers then ?

Delort has posted impressive stats in his one proper season Ligue 2 but £4m would make him the third or fourth most expensive signing in our history and I just don't think that's justifiable.
  • But 4.5m for Jason Euell was an awfully long time ago in footballing terms. How much would it cost a team to get something like a young Darren Bent from Ipswich in today's market - way over the 2 and half we paid. Don't think 4m is outrageous looking at the other transfer this summer
  • edited August 2014
    se9addick said:

Jaddick said:

se9addick said:

Ah right, so you need two goalscorers then ?

Delort has posted impressive stats in his one proper season Ligue 2 but £4m would make him the third or fourth most expensive signing in our history and I just don't think that's justifiable.
    I never said 4m was justifiable what I said was we need more than 3 strikers when we continue to play 2 up top. 46 games a season with probably 10 weeks of 2 games a week and we have 1 as cover. What %age of starting players played every game last season?

This is a squad game. Igor and Delort would start together but at least if one of them got injured or had a fitness problem/illness we would be drafting in someone of Tucadean's quality. You really don't think we need another striker?

• colin1961 said:

Be the end of Jackson ?

Jackson who's started every league game this season? Probably not.
  • When is the next African Cup of Nations finals and are Angola, and so igor, likely to be there?

This Viera sounds like the "fantastic Spanish striker" rumoured in Jan but he was only 2.5m then. That's inflation for you.

And Viera. How are we going to find a song for a name like that? : - )
  • colin1961 said:

Be the end of Jackson ?

Jackson who's started every league game this season? Probably not.
    To be honest, Colin has a point. Doesn't matter if anyone starts every game in a season. If better players come in (which would need to be seen) then he could lose his place. Happened to Morro, and could happen to Jackson.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!