Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• edited May 2014

More likely van morrison..

• It'd be ironic if Hamer went to Leicester as number 2 to Schmeichel as he's the guy apparently suggesting to Diego that he should stay to be assured of first team football.

I imagine he'll be number one if he does go to Leicester. Schmeichel is leaving.
    Even if Hamer goes to Leicester and Schmeicel leaves, I'll be amazed if they don't sign another keeper.

• Daily Mirror say Dervite is leaving. Doesn't say where he's off just that he's on his toes.

He said in the press just before the end of the season that he wanted to stay. My guess is that the offer he has been financially is not what he had hoped for. RD has stated that he wants to break even and the reduction of players wages is a way to do this. Trouble is you don't attract the good ones.

• dickplumb said:

Arsenal and Everton in for Poyet, Hamer going to Leicester and more back room moves.

I desperately want Poyet to stay and really hope he does. If he does move though Everton would be a good club for him. Martinez is an excellent manager, very popular with the players I would have thought and does play young players.

• Barcelona in for Poyet.
    From a highly unreliable source in Spain.
    (He starts drinking at lunchtime.)
    (Lucky sod!)
  • I have heard that Riga and his assistant have left.
  • More likely van morrison..

Van hire more of a possibility.

Ahhh, you mean a loanee, don't you?

• Redhenry said:

I have heard that Riga and his assistant have left.

Marc Wilmots to take over after World Cup? ;-)
  • Kerel Fraeye was supposed to have been appointed as St.Truiden head coach last week (confirmed ?)

• Kerel Fraeye was supposed to have been appointed as St.Truiden head coach last week (confirmed ?)

As posted elsewhere...

Curiously - although he's been with us since March - Fraeye is stll listed at 'Head Trainer' (Hoofdtrainer) at his old club KFC Eendracht Zele?:

http://www.eendrachtzele.be/html/technischestaf.htm

• Sponsored links:

• From this morning

http://www.sudinfo.be/1004933/article/2014-05-13/jose-riga-explique-pourquoi-il-a-rejoint-charlton-j-estimais-que-j-etais-redevab

"Saving the London club Charlton, José Riga conducted its mission. He would now like to extend his adventure in England Club a Roland Duchâtelet .

Seduced by what he lived for seven weeks Charlton and proud to have achieved the feat of maintaining the London club , José Riga hope to continue the adventure . Back in Belgium last week, the VISE evokes the challenge he managed to overcome, as the first Belgian coach of an English club.

José Riga appreciated . All appreciated. The hyperprofessionnelles structures Charlton, the overall level of the Championship ( English D2) , prestige teams who evolve (Leeds , Nottingham, Watford, Middlesbrough , QPR , Millwall , Birmingham, Blackburn , Ipswich ... ) , the atmosphere in stages . "With assistance between 20,000 and sometimes more than 30,000 spectators , even for matches during the week ," he said. "This competition , where only four teams out of twenty- four did not know the Premier League, generates a turnover of three quarters of a billion euros . Another world ... "
  • Gus Poyet is rumoured to be taking over at Tottenham Hotspur.
  • seth plum said:

Gus Poyet is rumoured to be taking over at Tottenham Hotspur.

Can get him at 50/1
  • seth plum said:

Heard West Ham on the radio this morning, going to be one big merry go round this summer, more than usual.

• PL54 said:

From this morning

http://www.sudinfo.be/1004933/article/2014-05-13/jose-riga-explique-pourquoi-il-a-rejoint-charlton-j-estimais-que-j-etais-redevab

"Saving the London club Charlton, José Riga conducted its mission. He would now like to extend his adventure in England Club a Roland Duchâtelet .

Seduced by what he lived for seven weeks Charlton and proud to have achieved the feat of maintaining the London club , José Riga hope to continue the adventure . Back in Belgium last week, the VISE evokes the challenge he managed to overcome, as the first Belgian coach of an English club.

José Riga appreciated . All appreciated. The hyperprofessionnelles structures Charlton, the overall level of the Championship ( English D2) , prestige teams who evolve (Leeds , Nottingham, Watford, Middlesbrough , QPR , Millwall , Birmingham, Blackburn , Ipswich ... ) , the atmosphere in stages . "With assistance between 20,000 and sometimes more than 30,000 spectators , even for matches during the week ," he said. "This competition , where only four teams out of twenty- four did not know the Premier League, generates a turnover of three quarters of a billion euros . Another world ... "

I'm glad the belgian press know that the championship is a very tight league, will hopefully convince RD to get his chequebook out.

Fraeye is not listed on the St. Truiden website:

http://www.stvv.com/nl/clubinfo/organisatie

But (as posted above) is still listed as 'Head Trainer' at his old club KFC Eendracht Zele.

• micks1950 said:

Kerel Fraeye was supposed to have been appointed as St.Truiden head coach last week (confirmed ?)

As posted elsewhere...

Curiously - although he's been with us since March - Fraeye is stll listed at 'Head Trainer' (Hoofdtrainer) at his old club KFC Eendracht Zele?:

http://www.eendrachtzele.be/html/technischestaf.htm

We don't want any more hoofball at The Valley.

• Nug said:

seth plum said:

Heard West Ham on the radio this morning, going to be one big merry go round this summer, more than usual.

sorry you're right, heard it was West Ham, got befuddled silly me.

• PL54 said:

From this morning

Millwall - prestige?

Heard a rumour that RD is digging for a pot of gold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why's it upside down? That's not the Sydney Opera House...........
  • We've signed some watford youngster called cumberbatch .. Not sure if anyone has any info on him..
  • He comes as a pair with Freeman.
  • Kurtis Cumberbatch is a box to box midfielder I have been told, had a couple of trial games with the development squad at the end of the season having been released by Watford after his 'second' year so same age as Poyet/Cousins. looked decent and assured to me in the little I've seen of him, but overshadowed (tho not overtowered) by Jack Munns nevertheless.
    He is also Benedicts dad.
  • We've signed some watford youngster called cumberbatch .. Not sure if anyone has any info on him..

Didn't know what thread to put this on. I have a feeling we are going to go further and further down this route, even though this kid is likely to play in the development squad. I don't mind investing and playing youth if the infrastructure and the quality is there, we have seen that with Fox, Solly, Cousins and Poyet. However, we do need to balance that with experienced players that can perform at the championship level. Dervite may be going because we can't afford him, and that is fine. Yet I hope RD realises youth alone is not going to help us improve upon the struggles we had this season. It is difficult to speculate because we don't how much certain players are on (Morro, Hamer etc). You would have thought JJ was on a good wage, so has he taken a pay cut. It's mixed messages for me because on the one hand there were rumours of us going for Gradel in the Jan window, yet we deemed Kerm and Stephens financially expendable. I worry if RD cuts too much on the playing squad financially, we'll struggle. I still think he's got a plan in place, but we might have to be prepared for a clean slate and some interesting acquisitions. I don't think we're going to be in the hat for the likes of the McAnuffs, ex prem players who will be on over inflated wages. I think come August they'll be a lot of names unattached, and FFP may also be a wake up call for players like Sordell who have done bloody well wage wise.

Not even a rumour!!! - http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140513-kurtis-cumberbatch-1550579.aspx?
  • If he's been released by two clubs and hasn't even been given a loan spell or anything I'm not sure this kids gonna make it but I'm happy to be proven wrong! After all I've never seen the kid play and anyway what do I know...
  • He was on the bench for Watford at The Valley.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!