Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options
    cfgs said:

https://twitter.com/YannisMbombo

No clues on his twitter account.

The account tweeting it has supposedly been set up by four journalists that support CAFC, still could be kids or JA or both.

Fits the RD profile though as he is yet to make any first team appearances. :(
    Didnt know there were as many as four journos that are CAFC fans. Come to think of it I didn't know there were that many who DON'T support Spurs!
  • Options
    anymore news on that pu edam fella? ;-)
  • Options
    he said hard cheese!
  • Options
    I heard we might sign a goalie called Remah Neb to replace Ben Hamer if he goes?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

I heard we might sign a goalie called Remah Neb to replace Ben Hamer if he goes?

Fantastic the amount of comedians who write on here now .
  • Options
    I'm guessing, and it is early I know, but could Roland assemble the whole squad before he gets a new manager on board?
    That way he gets no interference and just tells the new man this is what you've got and this is all you're getting. Take it or leave it.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Pedro45 said:

Fantastic the amount of comedians who write on here now .
    Can I be the first to say sorry? Just responding to the Pu Edam post...

• Options

I'm guessing, and it is early I know, but could Roland assemble the whole squad before he gets a new manager on board?
    That way he gets no interference and just tells the new man this is what you've got and this is all you're getting. Take it or leave it.

This could sadly be quite accurate!!

• Options
    Low League Transfers ‏@LowLeagueMarket 19h
    Charlton and Ipswich are looking at FC Lorient French footballer Jérémie Aliadière who is available on a free transfer. #CAFC #ITFC

lol
  • Options

Low League Transfers ‏@LowLeagueMarket 19h
    Charlton and Ipswich are looking at FC Lorient French footballer Jérémie Aliadière who is available on a free transfer. #CAFC #ITFC

lol

But who at Charlton is looking at him. We don't have a manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joe cole is available.

Think we'd be a good fit for him
  • Options

Joe cole is available.

Think we'd be a good fit for him

So do I but would mean him not bothering at all about how much money he was getting.
  • Options

The rumours thread seemed to have turned into the "Who did Luke Shaw pay for" thread but maybe it's now reverted to the "rumours with very tenuous links to Charlton Athletic thread" again.

Ah, the wonders of web forums.

I know England players have a reputation but that is slanderous...
  • Options

How many players would sign for a team without knowing who the manager will be?
  • Options
    Not many is my guess..............
  • Options
    Bring back Thuram!
  • Options

How many players would sign for a team without knowing who the manager will be?
    Plenty. Would they be any good? Doubtful.
    Considering the average professional football club works it's way through four managers a year it shouldn't really be an issue should it?
    I seem to remember when Douch took over somewhere/one explained his fears of allowing a manager to assemble a squad and then on getting the inevitable boot a new man had to pick up the pieces with players that didn't fit into his way of thinking. In Roland's world this can be avoided by letting the manager have no input on signings whatsoever.

Think they'll be no uptake for it? Think again. Riga signed up and could still be out on his ear.
    When you think about it most managers have very little power or influence in the game today. Far less than the players or owners.The top ones no. But the rest know that at any moment they could be back on the merry go round.

• Options
    Charlton are being Heavily linked With standard Liege striker Imoh Ezekiel as well as a number of other Targets, Including
    Eric Tie Bi
    Zak Whitbread
    David Ngog
    And Finally are looking to secure Marvin Sordell on a long term deal

14 May 2014 18:51:09
    Charlton and Ipswich are looking at FC Lorient French footballer Jérémie Aliadière who is available on a free transfer.

14 May 2014 17:00:43
    Charlton are wanting to sign Yeovil Town defender Luke Ayling
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aliadiere wouldn't be a bad signing imo, not exactly a young player to earn some value from but an experienced player none the less
  • Options
    Ezekiel is way above us imo, guy is mid to low prem standard the way he's been performing for them
  • Options
    Aliadiere is the french kevin lisbie. No thanks.

Imoh Ezekiel's stats are decent.
  • Options
    Not sure how we can sign anyone without a manager and potentially coaches so this thread should be an exit rumour thread only
  • Options
    barstool said:

Not sure how we can sign anyone without a manager and potentially coaches so this thread should be an exit rumour thread only

Roland got us players in before so he could do it again.
  • Options

barstool said:

Roland got us players in before so he could do it again.
    Oh yes. How can we forget Reza, Nego and Thuram?
  • Options
    Don't forget Koc
  • Options
    Benik Afobe linked.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!