Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunday dinnnnaah

2»

Comments

• Options

Roast / No roast today ?

Just had Pork, roast spuds, cabbage, brockers, sweet potato, carrots, Yorkshire pud, apple sauce. Followed by apple pie and vanilla ice cream, and washed down with a can of lager.

Nearly as handsome as @Stone that lot!

@afkabartram you done me today. I got dragged out of retirement for the boys cricket team, as they only had 9, so it was a plate of sandwiches and a mug of tea today :-(
  • Options

Roast Pork with seasoned crackling, crispy roast potatoes, honey roasted parsnips, garden vegetables, apple and thyme stuffing, Yorkshire pudding, proper gravy and some apple purée.

Followed by home made marscapone cheesecake topped with fresh strawberries and cream.

I don't suppose you're married are you?
    Well I wouldn't cook all that for just me ;-)
  • Options
    Tiddly for me! Father in Laws treat
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Is this really what we are resorting to already, season only ended a week ago

You better believe it! Anyway when's the next big snooker tournament then mate? :-)
    Not anytime soon Q school is on at the moment then towards end off may there is qualifying for the Wuxi Classic, then beginning of June more Qualifying this time for Aussie Open, then the first Asian Tour Event which not many top players will go to, then June 23 is when it really starts with the Wuxi Classic
  • Options
    @RedChaser‌ - yes mate, I can confirm that traditionally Yorkshire Puddings are a starter, though when I have a veggie roast I like mine on the plate with all my greens and some horseradish.

Far too much meat being consumed on here for my liking though. Think of your colons people.
  • Options
    For all you Sunday Roast Master Chefs out there.

Try suet pudding with your next Sunday Roast Lamb. The mixed flavours of the lamb, suet, mint sauce and the gravy is to die for. Be careful, it is seductive and can be addictive!

6 oz self-raising flour;
    2 oz suet (beef is best, but it works with vegetable too);
    pinch of salt;
    milk:water mix 50:50 (but if you're using semi-skimmed or skimmed, 100% milk will work);
    - mix until sloppy but not runny (thicker than batter)
    - heat dish in the oven with oil (as per yorkshire pudding)
    - pour in when oil is hot, & bake for last 1/2 hr with the roast.

Grandma's recipe.

If you have never done it, try it - you will be amazed how it changes a Roast Lamb Lunch!

• Options
    You cannot beat a proper roast beef dinner.
  • Options
    I beg to differ. Beef is good, but pork with proper crackling's better.
  • Options
    I had a couple of pints and a kebab.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

I beg to differ. Beef is good, but pork with proper crackling's better.

Both it is then! Great point on the crackling. That's a deal breaker.