Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luis Enrique New Barcelona Manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27477125

So frustrated as I have been saying for months this would happen, even when he was 4 or 5 favourite and I never bet on it.

Ex player takes over as manager looking for the Guardiola effect

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Looks set to be sacked Enrique and Messi had an argument over the weekend after Enrique dropped Messi and Neymar and the Barcelona board have been told to choose between Enrique and Messi

will be interesting to see at this stage of the season who the decide to take over if the board side with Messi

this also comes 24 hours after director of football Andoni Zubizarreta was sacked and his assistant Carles Puyol resigned
  • Options
    Might as well make Messi player manager seeing as he pretty much runs Barca anyway.

He must always play, takes all free kicks and pens, you can't sub him off ever, think he even refused to be subbed earlier this season and turned his back on Enrique. He chooses what position along the front 3 he plays, if he doesn't like another player Barca have to sell him.

Apparently this row with Enrique is because Enrique gave a free kick against him in a 5 a side practice match!
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Might as well make Messi player manager seeing as he pretty much runs Barca anyway.

He must always play, takes all free kicks and pens, you can't sub him off ever, think he even refused to be subbed earlier this season and turned his back on Enrique. He chooses what position along the front 3 he plays, if he doesn't like another player Barca have to sell him.

Apparently this row with Enrique is because Enrique gave a free kick against him in a 5 a side practice match!

Crazy situation. The thing is Messi will always come out on top. Makes Enrique's job untenable.
  • Options
    I'd like to see Messi move to Bayern with Pep.
  • Options
    I would love to see him in the premier league - City or Chelski bound????
  • Options

Wow, never heard about any of this before reading this. Unbelievable how much power one player can have over a club.
  • Options
    And people talk of how Messi is a better player than C Ronaldo because he is humble etc.

Ronaldo will a always be number one in my eyes as his overall game is stronger, but they are both ridiculously good at soccerball

Anyway, Messi will stay as long as he wants to stay and Barca will bring in a different manager who likes his teams to play passing football, 12 months ago I would have said Roberto Martinez but his stock has dropped recently
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    But the question is... Messi, Waggy or Green?
  • Options

Crazy situation. The thing is Messi will always come out on top. Makes Enrique's job untenable.

There's no actual confirmation of any of this, but he definitely turned his back on Enrique and refused to be subbed earlier in the season. Although it was denied, it looked pretty obvious.

Players who he's had reported rows with include Zlatan, Villa, Alexis, Tello and Deulofeu. None of them are at Barca now. Could just be a coincidence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I was Barcelona, I'd sell him. No player should be bigger than a club.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

But the question is... Messi, Waggy or Green?

Waggy. The other two don't track back enough
  • Options

Any difference to Ronaldo at Madrid
  • Options

Massive difference between how the two behave at their respective clubs. Messi does the same with Argentina and did at the World Cup. Messi's attitude is near enough meant to be 'do it my way or I'm not involved.'
  • Options
    To a lesser degree wasn't Shearer like that at Newcastle?
  • Options
    What Barcelona have to consider is that Messi isn't just an intergral player in their squad, he's an integral player in terms of their business plan.

I can't find the actual numbers but it is safe to say that a considerable number of Barca's are because his name and number is on the back. On top of that there is also other official memorabilia emblazoned with his name, face or number as sponsors who want their name on the shirt Messi wears.

He clearly has an arrogant streak, and it's nice to think that one player shouldn't be bigger than the club they play for, however in the case of Messi and also Ronaldo at Madrid, they are an integral part of the set up not only on the field, but also off it. Keeping them happy and at the club is vital because they are such a huge source of revenue.
  • Options

To a lesser degree wasn't Shearer like that at Newcastle?

Think Gullit stuck him on the bench against Sunderland and was given the boot soon after, although he was well on his way to the sack by then anyway.
  • Options

Barca are more than a club.

Apparently.
  • Options
    People saying there is nothing similar between the 2 I have 2 facts that says otherwise

1-Mourinho although I dislike him as a manager said when he left madrid Ronaldo thinks he knows everything and thinks he knows more than me despite me being manager

2-Madrid tried to hide how much they paid for Bale because they did not want to upset Ronaldo

Messi and Ronaldo are the best players in the world and the clubs know this and will do anything not to lose them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

People saying there is nothing similar between the 2 I have 2 facts that says otherwise

1-Mourinho although I dislike him as a manager said when he left madrid Ronaldo thinks he knows everything and thinks he knows more than me despite me being manager

2-Madrid tried to hide how much they paid for Bale because they did not want to upset Ronaldo

Messi and Ronaldo are the best players in the world and the clubs know this and will do anything not to lose them

As does Mourinho.
  • Options
    I see Barca have called press conference to be held shortly. Will be interesting (we in all honesty it wont be really) to see what the outcome is. No doubt player power will reign supreme.
  • Options
    I hear that Messi is a complete arsehole.
  • Options
    Rumour going about that Messi has missed training. Club are saying he's suffering with gastroenteritis.......
  • Options

Rumour going about that Messi has missed training. Club are saying he's suffering with gastroenteritis.......

he missed training on Monday with an illness

he was then in training yesterday, when every player has a day off for kings day
    he arrived at training at 9AM this morning training did not start until 11
  • Options

he was then in training yesterday, when every player has a day off for kings day
    Probably got in early so he could have a full 11v11 match with his ego..........
  • Options

Probably got in early so he could have a full 11v11 match with his ego..........
    Apperently he got in early trained until the other got there then him Xavi and Iniesta had a long conversation
  • Options

Apperently he got in early trained until the other got there then him Xavi and Iniesta had a long conversation
    In Catalan or Spanish?
  • Options

Paulie, you've got to stop taking anything I say seriously, no-one else does. Why do you think I've got more Lols than you? ;)